What is your average supper club bill? I usually land between $300-500 for two

cruisecastle

So you said.

I got a bottle of wine. No other drinks.

I tipped $10. The $30 per person is the tip. The tip is added to the wine.

The service (Glory, May 2008) was good but not outstanding. The food was excellent.

I have better things to do with my money!

Are you just bragging?

If you have that much to throw around, why cruise Carnival?

Oh, wait! That's none of my business, is it? Just as how much people spend on their vacation doing various things is none of your business! :mad:

So you said.

I got a bottle of wine. No other drinks.

I tipped $10. The $30 per person is the tip. The tip is added to the wine.

The service (Glory, May 2008) was good but not outstanding. The food was excellent.

I have better things to do with my money!

Are you just bragging?

If you have that much to throw around, why cruise Carnival?

Oh, wait! That's none of my business, is it? Just as how much people spend on their vacation doing various things is none of your business! :mad:

No just curious. It's like the S&S bill some people spend $2 others spend more than their cruise and $5k plus is not unusual. Just curious where people are on the supper club.

I'm suddenly not feeling so bad! $5K plus...on your S&S account!!! Whew!!! I know those things can add up...and I think we spend pretty freely...but I don't think we've ever topped $1k.

On our supper club...I would say our bill is probably around the $80-$100 range!

Total is $80 per visit to the supper club.

If you tip $100, you are either not too bright, or just have more money than sense.

Tim

Typical narcissistic greedy american attitude. These people work hard in not very good conditions and if I get exceptional service I want to reward them. A $100 for them will do more for them than have $100 less will hurt me. You may want to try seeing the world a bit (just not on a crusie) and gain some persective on the world. Go to Africa that will change you for life and your self-centered greedy attitude.

Supper Club? My wife and I try to eat out twice a week at nice restaurants in houston. After our 1st time in the dining hall(monet), we just feel that the food in the dining hall is more than enough, plus we like the service from the wait staff and the show they put on which we appreciate. We try to tip each member at our table $2-3 each night and also at the end we give them extra, We hear many cruisers like the supper club, just feel that the dining hall food is more than enough and the best part? It's included in the price.

Some cruisers like the buffet, some don't. Some like excursions, some don't. The beauty of choice. About the tip at the supper club? You already pay $30, a nice $20 tip is more than enough. I understand some people struggle in other countries and they live hard lives but we have sooooooo many in our country that struggle the same.

Enjoy the cruise. If you want to tip $5 or $10 or $500, go for it, It's your money, not mine:D

Typical narcissistic greedy american attitude. These people work hard in not very good conditions and if I get exceptional service I want to reward them. A $100 for them will do more for them than have $100 less will hurt me. You may want to try seeing the world a bit (just not on a crusie) and gain some persective on the world. Go to Africa that will change you for life and your self-centered greedy attitude.

I have been to Kenya and I don't see how that has anything to do with tipping. If you want to tip $100 more power to you. I think a $20 tip would be appropriate if service was exceptional.

I don't think the $30 a person is the tip, as someone suggested, it is for the better quality food.

I had never heard that the $30 was the tip either. Where is this information coming from?:confused:

They don't say it's the tip, they say the tip is included.

I generally tip about $20 for my meal, depending on service. If I had a similar meal out, meal alone would probably be about $40-$60... with the added service, I don't mind giving an additional $20... but not giving it just to give it or based on the income of the servers or to allow me to puff up my chest on CC :rolleyes:

I had never heard that the $30 was the tip either. Where is this information coming from?:confused:

It used to be printed in the brochure, but this is what the cruise line e-mailed me when I asked:

The Supper Club is an intimate restaurant that accepts reservations for when the guest chooses to dine for dinner between the hours of 6:00pm-9:30pm. Reservations are made by telephone from the guest's cabin. This is an alternative to eating in the Dining Room or the Lido Restaurant. The Supper Club features prime steaks.

The reservation fee is $30 per guest, per entree. This fee includes the wait staffs' gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The reservation fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water.

There is nightly entertainment during dinner such as a cabaret singer or duet along with a large dance floor. There is also a cooking display area where guests can watch the chefs prepare their culinary masterpieces. The dress code requires that men wear jackets on the formal nights of the cruise.

Judy

I say tip well and tip often....BUT at $100 , you should also tip wisely ! Where would the gratuity ever exceed the price of the meal ? It makes no economic sense to me. Those who have sufficient cash flow to improve the life of someone else should also be able to find a better vehical to do so , rather than dropping a $100 tip...perhaps a charitable donation ?

Just my 2 cents.....Bob

Are you serious?? If your intent it to be generous and giving then send the entire $500 to Africa where it will do far greater good then blowing it on a dinner on a cruise ship which seems far more self centered and greedy as you mentioned. :eek: $500??

Well said.

Are you serious?? If your intent it to be generous and giving then send the entire $500 to Africa where it will do far greater good then blowing it on a dinner on a cruise ship which seems far more self centered and greedy as you mentioned. :eek: $500??

I would say for us the two times we did the supper club, since I drink wine and only 1 glass, hubby does not drink. We usually get out for cost of $60.00 for the two and then another $20.00 on top. So usually $80.00 or so give or take the tip for the wine, which is automatically added.

Over a thousand posts so the OP is not new to cruise critic. In the past few days there have been at least 2 threads about the supper club and tipping. Therefore you would know what other people have done/said about tipping. Me thinks this thread was created to brag.

On our typical cruise we spend zero at the Specialty restaurants. In 23 cruises we've been maybe five times total. We found the offerings to be better than the main dining room but not OMG better. Nor, IMHO, $20-30 per person better.

The service in the specialty restaurants was, again IMO, no better than service that we normally receive in the dining room.

If the final bill is $500 including the $100 tip, your total gratuity for the dinner and beverages is around $205 including the $30 per person fee. It's your money, do with it as you wish.

I'm still trying to figure out what would be narcissistic, greedy, or typically American about pba20493's comment:confused:

Charlie

Personally my financial condition would not let me tip $100 bucks nor do I value the size of my tip on the world’s economic condition or lack thereof. With that said if the OP wants to tip $100 bucks go for it but don’t slam the rest of us for not doing so.

How did you know the poster was American? Nothing on his profile.....

I feel sorry for you and your arrogant Anti American tenor.

Our bill at the Point was $120 for four adults, and our bar tab was $70 (bottle of wine, and several drinks). We tipped in cash, so I don't remember the total amount; but as we normally tip 20-25%, I would assume we tipped the same.

Once, my DH tipped a waitress $100.00 at Cracker Barell (our bill was under $20). She was wonderful, and should have been retired, due to her age. She cried and tried to give it back, but he refused. I would hope that on occassion, everyone has the chance to feel as good as we both did on that day :D .

Archived