Express Walk Off

jamesnnb

We recently tried the Express Walk Off on Princess earlier this month and it worked well for us. Does anyone know if RCCL has a similar program -- walk off handling your own luggage and be first off?

And more power to you if you can pack for a week in a carryon size bag!

Although we couldn't take advantage of it, we saw how this seemed to work on the Explorer this year. First of all you had to sign up to be part of the express walk off. Then you had to get all your stuff to Deck2 and carry it down the stairs to Deck1. Then roll it off onto the buses to the terminal.

I would do this in a heartbeat if I could. Having said that, I would take a deep breath and be prepared to be patient. What actually seem to happen was that folks got their stuff to Deck 2 really early and then completely overran the area waiting to get off. The lower floors and stairs were jammed with people and their luggage. It looked like an airport luggage hell in a confined space. Unless you are desperate to get off, I would wait somewhere else until the first wave of overeager folks get off and the congestion eases.

Ask on the board for your particular ship to see if others know how it will work. The Explorer is different because of the shuttle buses.

..... First of all you had to sign up to be part of the express walk off....

It looks like it depends on the ship if you have to sign up for the express walk off. We just got off the 4 day Majesty cruise on Friday (the 10-27 cruise) and did not have to sign up. The video in the room stated that we would have to sign up. My wife checked at the desk and they said we did not have to sign up and that that wished they would stop playing that part of the video. Friday morning around 720a they made an announcement that the first group as well as express walk off's could now get off the ship. We walked down the 2 decks (figured it was easier then taking the elevator) and right off the ship. Only stop was to scan the Seapass cards.

we have disembarked an hur to an hour and a half after they called the "lug your own luggage" group.

We got to back past them as their line creeped along through Immigration and Customs.

Just one person's opinion, but why would I want to wrap up a cruise by becoming a baggage handler for the last hour of my vacation?

I used it this week. One of the reasons we used it was because I had my car parked at the pier and had to drive my sister to the airport (we took the cruise together). So I wanted to make sure she made her flight. Our ship was delayed a few hours getting back.

Worked out great and loved not having to put the suitcases out at night and have to plan what I would need to leave out to use in the morning.

Archived