Does anyone actually order room service on a cruise?

cruisecastle

Since you will be in port everyday I am sure you will be getting up early. We now fill out the menu card and hang it on the door for morning coffee and rolls. You can put the time on it that you would like to have it delivered. They will call you right before they bring it and that is wonderful especially on port days.

OJ in the morning to add to beverages brought from home, makes a nice screwdriver or mimosa to start the day!!

They also have assorted veggies that we order around 4-5 as our munchies to have with our before dinner drinks --- we also choose late seating.

My vegetarian son always orders 2-3 pb&j sandwiches a day--- only way you can get them is thru room service

We never have but I think this cruise we will. Four sea days and coffee on the balcony sounds great!!!!

NCTribeFan what gives?? If you didn't like the question then why did you bother reading it?? Its only a question not your life history!!!!

We have never ordered room service on any of our past cruises but after reading this thread it sounds like a better option than waiting for pizza or having ice cream late at night.

What is the standard tip for the servers?

Depends on the order. Coffee,toast and fruit for two in the morning, 2 bucks

It simply never occurred to me that room service was available! (DUH). I can’t wait to order now! Tea and croissants on the balcony in the morning (or maybe mimosas!;)); wine and cheese & crackers on the balcony at night; and who knows what (definitely a BLT) in between! :D

We ordered room service just this past Saturday Night on the Legend. Alabama (Roll Tide) was playing LSU and we could NOT miss the game even for the dining room. :)

Sharon

ROLL TIDE BABY!!

You are much more brave than I am...we only cruise when it's not football season or on a Bama off weekend!

Two Tigers down....One to go! Along with a Bulldog and Gator! :p

I never use room service. No food in the cabin is one of my rules for not gaining weight on a cruise. If I absolutely must have something, I walk up/down the stairs and go get it and have it there. It's too easy for me to graze all day long if it's readily available.

It's only for a week - go ahead and enjoy. You can walk it off when you get home. There's nothing better than coffee on the balcony while you are coming into port - GO FOR IT!!!!

For breakfast can you order criossants? What about Bacon? Any cereal? Kaboochi

I have never ordered room service but i will definitely have to try it after reading this thread!! Sounds like a must! I believe I remember reading somewhere before that the chicken wings are good thru room service??? does anyone know about that??? I am definitely going to try the BLT! I am a lover of those! :)

Never used it before we had a child. Our DS is on a different schedule than us, and a smaller stomach, so he needs to eat sometime after lunch and before sushi, so we call in for him. Ive gotten the portabello sandwich, and its pretty good, but we will probably stop using room service as the DS gets older. Its good though, and fast.

I have never ordered room service but i will definitely have to try it after reading this thread!! Sounds like a must! I believe I remember reading somewhere before that the chicken wings are good thru room service??? does anyone know about that??? I am definitely going to try the BLT! I am a lover of those! :)

Never saw chicken wings of the menu

no chicken wings on the Inspiration menu last week,,,,,,never heard of them on this board, either,,,Holly

For some maybe but eating right before sleep is not good for you. Fine for some but not for me

Of course it's not good for you. It's once a year so be bad - it's a cruise, enjoy. Plus with a belly full of food you will sleep like a baby! You might need a tums or two but it's worth it.

What I fail to understand is why it matters to you whether anyone does or doesn't?

So many prying, personal questions asked on these boards! It's none of your business what other cruisers do or don't do!

Obviously people order room service or they'd stop offering it. And obviously they're responding to feedback about the menu and have changed it.

I've used it a couple of times. I also don't cruise to lay in my cabin and watch tv, but I'm not going to start a thread asking people why they bring their DVD players! It's none of my business what they do, when they do it, why they do it, or how often they do it!

So many nosy questions! Maybe we could stick to "real" cruise questions, like, oh, what's the dress code, or can I smuggle booze, or is there anything wrong with saving a deck chair? :p

Obviously you don't get the purpose of CC. Why are you here? So sad.

Archived