Does anyone actually order room service on a cruise?

cruisecastle

Other than the menu you hang on your door for breakfast? Seriously why would anyone eat a full meal in their cabin??

That's why they have it because people use it ! Some love to have a meal on their balcony or in a suite etc. Cheese and crackers etc before a meal etc Not bad in most instances :)

Actually my husband and I order room service quite often on the ship. We are late owls and usually the only things open are the pizza and deli so we like to order a late night snack from room service for something different. The food is usually pretty good and we've never waited too long. But that's just our experience.

Kim

Carnival Freedom-Dec 6(Coming up soon)

Carnival Sensation-July 08

Carnival Destiny-May 08(Our Wedding Cruise)

NCL Pearl-Nov-07

Carnival Legend-July 07

NCL Jewel-April 07

Carnival Inspiration-Nov 06

RCCL Soverign of the seas(Dave Matthews Caribbean Getaway)

And a bunch in the 80's and 90's

Sure they do, but I doubt anyone has what is considered full meals in the cabin via room service. One thing, there are only sandwiches, salads, desserts, etc. offered.

I always have coffee and croissants or Danish delivered in the early morning. I sometimes order only dessert and coffee in the afternoon, maybe a sandwich. It's available, and always good, as well as quick, so why not, if you have a snack craving? :)

I love having fresh hot coffee in the am, can't start the day without it! Kinda nice to lounge around while waiting on the shower. Sometimes we add danish, etc. And hubby loves brownies and milk for midnight snack :D

Take advantage, if you are like me it is rare to get breakfast in bed.

After spending all day at Playa Mia in the sand, sea, and surf,,,and having several drinks,,,,DH and I just could NOT go to dinner or up on deck,,,we ordered sandwhiches and cheesecake for dinner and lay in bed and watched post-election stuff,,,I wasn't planning on it,,,but we were totally exhausted,,,,

Holly

Debarked Elation yesterday and we spent most of our cruise in bed relaxing and catching up to some needed sleep. The room service menu became the go to piece of info when it was time to eat.

We used room service lots on this cruise.

Fred

I never use room service. No food in the cabin is one of my rules for not gaining weight on a cruise. If I absolutely must have something, I walk up/down the stairs and go get it and have it there. It's too easy for me to graze all day long if it's readily available.

The night my DH and I went to the supper club on Glory, oldest DS decided he wanted to go to the dining room anyway, but youngest DS thought it would be fun to have room service. So he ordered a sandwich and some chocolate cake and was as happy as could be. He even took a picture of the chocolate cake to show us after.:D

Coffee and a bite to eat in the morning are a must for me. I am not a morning person so I like to wake slowly and laze around the cabin/balcony for a bit. We also order cookies and hot chocolate for the kids at night alot. Also, when we have late seating dinner I especially like to order a sandwich or salad in the afternoon when we get back from a shore excursion because we usually haven't bothered to eat lunch while we are out and about.

One morning I got up to order some Room Service and was told that I could only order from the Breakfast menu :confused: So I ordered white toast with butter and 2 bagels with cream cheese, forgot to order the Grape Jelly to mix the cream cheese in but that alone was very good.

Fred

On port days, I love having coffee when I have to get up so early! And, as I like to spend sea days on deck in the sun, I don't want to dress to go to the buffet or lunch so round about 2:30, ( dinner is still a long way away at 8:15!) I'll go to my cabin, order a sandwich and some veggie stix, take a nice hot shower, put on my robe and curl up in the "window seat" with my good book and have a nice quiet lunch. Geez, who WOULDN'T order room service now and again?!:D

Archived