Does anyone actually order room service on a cruise?

cruisecastle

Room service is an absolute must! My husband couldn't exist at sea without his afternoon Turkey sandwich with cookies and brownies right before his afternoon nap on the balcony.

As for movies, we bring our portable DVD player and this last cruise we watched one movie a day. Just like Wennfred said, when you work extreme hours, the last thing you want to do is run around the ship trying to fit everything in. Vacation to us = relaxation! If I missed it, oh well, will have to book another cruise and maybe will catch it next time around.

Yes I agree this is very interesting! Do you eat every meal in the dining room and/or buffet? Do you spend every waking minute doing some sort of activity? What do you do for down time?

Actually, yes, I try to eat every meal in the dining room. I like being waited on in a restaurant setting. I only use the buffet when I have a very early excursion or when the dining room is closed for lunch and I'm on the ship at that time. Otherwise, I eat lunch in port.

If I want to chill, I find a quiet place on deck somewhere to read and/or nap. I like being out in the fresh air. I'm only in my room to sleep, shower and change clothes.

Other than the menu you hang on your door for breakfast? Seriously why would anyone eat a full meal in their cabin??

What I fail to understand is why it matters to you whether anyone does or doesn't?

So many prying, personal questions asked on these boards! It's none of your business what other cruisers do or don't do!

Obviously people order room service or they'd stop offering it. And obviously they're responding to feedback about the menu and have changed it.

I've used it a couple of times. I also don't cruise to lay in my cabin and watch tv, but I'm not going to start a thread asking people why they bring their DVD players! It's none of my business what they do, when they do it, why they do it, or how often they do it!

So many nosy questions! Maybe we could stick to "real" cruise questions, like, oh, what's the dress code, or can I smuggle booze, or is there anything wrong with saving a deck chair? :p

I did once. No big deal.. cold foods, warm milk, etc. I prefer to go to the Lido for breakfast with hot eggs, bacon, potatoes, fresh fruit, etc. Breakfast is limited on the ships room service. danish, fruit, cereal, milk, yogurt. maybe a 5 am snack, but not breakfast.

What I fail to understand is why it matters to you whether anyone does or doesn't?

So many prying, personal questions asked on these boards! It's none of your business what other cruisers do or don't do!

Obviously people order room service or they'd stop offering it. And obviously they're responding to feedback about the menu and have changed it.

I've used it a couple of times. I also don't cruise to lay in my cabin and watch tv, but I'm not going to start a thread asking people why they bring their DVD players! It's none of my business what they do, when they do it, why they do it, or how often they do it!

So many nosy questions! Maybe we could stick to "real" cruise questions, like, oh, what's the dress code, or can I smuggle booze, or is there anything wrong with saving a deck chair? :p

Well I guess it is a free for all now.:D

I thought this was actually a pretty civil (non judgemental) thread about the different vacation philosophies out there!

It really isn't personal information. Get a grip. It's very interesting to me as I had no idea so many did RS. Chill out you need a cruise

We've ordered breakfast a few times, when we needed to get an early start on port days. We've never ordered a meal (other than breakfast), but based on the plates you see on the floor outside rooms, I'd say a lot of people do. I've heard someone say that they do not like to dine with crowds, but they love to cruise, so they take all their meals in their cabin. To each, his/her own!

No one is making anyone respond to this question. Lighten up!!:D

I mainly did the breakfast when my DH was confined to quarters when he was sick on one of our cruises. By rights I should have been in the cabin also. I was walking around with pnuemonia and did not know it.

But other than that one time, NO, only the BLT about 3 times each cruise. If I sleep in, and don't want to go up to breakfast, I will order a blt for breakfast as well, but that has only been 2 x in all my cruises.

My brain doesn't work without coffee. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I can flub through shower, dress and get down to the buffet for my first cup, but usually the only thing I can manage is to pick up the phone, stumble through a coffee and croissant order and collapse into numbness and disorientation until help arrives. :D

hmmm well for newbies here, you can get some very good ideas :) On my first cruise it neve occurred to me to order coffee and pastry in the morning,,,whenI read about it here, it was like DUHHHH Holly,,,

and I loved it!!!!!

And you can smuggle booze all you want, I don't care,,,but don't you dare save a deck chair!!!!!!:D

Holly

We just returned from our third cruise and,for the first time ever, ordered room service...on the first two cruises we were always on the go...run, run, run...if we was hungry we'd run to the lido...this last cruise...we tried...very hard...to relax a little more..oh, believe me...we were still on the go...run, run....after a few excursions....and a few hours before dinner...we ordered a salad and sandwich through room service...it was sooooooo nice to relax, eat a little & catch a second wind before heading out for the night..A few times, DH ordered room service for his coffee & toast for breakfast while waiting for me to get around before we headed to the dining room for a nicer breakfast...make sure to bring lots of dollar bills for tips...those trays look heavy and we always tipped nicely...Enjoy the room service that is what it is there for...Happy Cruisin :)

Hi All!

Me and my husband and kids will be sailing on the Victory on the 23rd. (YEA! 12 days away:D) I've been on many Carnival Cruises and never thought to order room service. But after reading this thread, with the kids being older and since we'll be on the Southern iterinary with a port everyday, ordering room service will come in handy for packing lunches for the beach and the snack when we get back from port before getting ready for dinner. I was going to go buy tons of snacks for the room "just in case" anyone gets hungry. Now, I think I'll just buy snacks for the plane rides. How long does room service take? Are they quick at bringing the food to the cabin?

My hubby likes to sleep in on vacation and I like to get up and have coffee, so I'll order room service and try to wake him up by waving it around him. Come on, we're on a cruise, let's go. Other people are doin fun stuff and we're still in our cabin!!!!

Hi All!

Me and my husband and kids will be sailing on the Victory on the 23rd. (YEA! 12 days away:D) I've been on many Carnival Cruises and never thought to order room service. But after reading this thread, with the kids being older and since we'll be on the Southern iterinary with a port everyday, ordering room service will come in handy for packing lunches for the beach and the snack when we get back from port before getting ready for dinner. I was going to go buy tons of snacks for the room "just in case" anyone gets hungry. Now, I think I'll just buy snacks for the plane rides. How long does room service take? Are they quick at bringing the food to the cabin?

how do you pack lunches for the beach when they don't let you take food off the ship:confused: Holly

Hi All!

Food is not allowed off the ship- unless it's pre-packaged.

Yes, we do. My husband usually likes a "late night" snack/sandwich, so we do that several times during a cruise. Also get coffee/juice in the morning until we are ready to go to breakfast. We have never ordered anything during the day, never in our cabin! Too much to do and see!

Archived