Does anyone actually order room service on a cruise?

cruisecastle

Other than the menu you hang on your door for breakfast? Seriously why would anyone eat a full meal in their cabin??

We ordered room service to get an usual item...a bottle opener! I had ordered hubby the carnival insulated lunch box with 6 Bud lights in it. This was the second time I had ordered them. The first time the bottle caps screwed off...this last time they did not. The room service person came and opened the bottles.

This next upcoming cruise (B2B in 17 days!!:D) we are bringing our own bottle opener!:D

after reading this thread, with the kids being older and since we'll be on the Southern iterinary with a port everyday, ordering room service will come in handy for packing lunches for the beach.

You will not be allowed to take food off the ship unless it's processed or pre packaged.

We use room service quite a bit. I like to call and place an order either in the morning or after returning from an excursion - then jump in the shower and am clean and dressed by the time the food gets there.

It is such a time saver. It also keeps me from being tempted by all the choices and extra calories in the buffett and dining room.

We are trying to switch our focus from eating all the time to enjoying the activites and relaxing.

Room service is actually quite tasty and I enjoy the salads and crudites.

For some reason the pot of coffee they bring is much better than what you make with the little maker in the room.

For some reason the pot of coffee they bring is much better than what you make with the little maker in the room.

Unfortunately, Carnival ships do not have the little coffee maker in the cabins. As soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning, I am on the phone ordering a pot of coffee. Gotta have my "go juice"! :D

I don't function without my coffee in the am so always order a pot and some pastries in the AM so that I don't have to rush. Tip well for the room service. If it is a sea day then I order more for breakfast and skip the buffet. I lay in bed and relax!

We order coffee, OJ, and croissants as soon as we wake up to tide us over until everyone is ready to go get breakfast at the buffet. I like the dining room for breakfast, but Jim usually just wants to do the buffet because it's quicker.

We sometimes get RS when we come back on board from port. The deli and grill are always packed at that time. RS can be slow then too though.

At least one afternoon I like to hang out in the cabin/on the balcony and order an assortment of all the yummy sandwiches they offer and share them with whoever we happen to be cruising with on that trip.

Other than the menu you hang on your door for breakfast? Seriously why would anyone eat a full meal in their cabin??

We will always order snacks to eat on our suite balcony, why wouldnt you want to take advantage of that?????

When your sunburn is soooo bad that you can't even image walking down a hall way.

ROOM SERVICE!

When you stayed on board while everyone else went on a excursion, and you don't want to sit by yourself.

ROOM SERVICE!

When you are still in the early part of your relationship, that time when you don't want to leave the cabin, get dressed, or even leave the bed.

ROOM SERVICE!

I remember my brother telling me about a Royal Caribbean cruise he was on, and Johnny Rocket burgers and shakes? I think he said he had them delivered to the room so that people wouldn't know he was eating so many of them! (He probably told me this in confidence, so keep that one just between us.)

24 hour ROOM SERVICE IS GREAT!

Hahah! Adorable, and all so true! Well, except Johnny Rockets on RCIs ships do NOT, will not ever deliver. (Not even to the Royal suite unless your Concierge gets it for you)

Enjoying this thread so!! Amazing how much fun food can be to talk about! lol We're much looking forward to Miracle in a few weeks!! Anyone who has been on her please feel free to brag about everything you like! ID love to hear all about her!

(email is below)

For those Pineapple Juice lovers, the Dining room service it for breakfast.

Fred

Will they add some chambord?

Ya just gotta love room service. :)

First off , DW and I have to have coffee and maybe an English muffin when we first wake up and start getting ready for the day. We are ugly people without coffee in the morning *LOL*

And there is nothing like a BLT and a salad for a mid afternoon or late night snack.

And HEY, whats this "at the beginning of the relationship when you don't want to leave the bed"

DW and I have been married 6 years, been together (I don't know how to count that high many years *LOL* and have 3 teenagers and we still have our times we don't want to get out of bed. (Especially on cruises when they aren't with us) :)

When I have a balcony cabin I like to order a nice breakfast and enjoy eating it on my balc rather than amoungst the crowds. Besides . . . Room service breakfast (IMO) always tastes so much better than the buffet food. I can enjoy a liesurely breakfast and take my time getting ready for another fun day:-). Works for me.

ROLL TIDE BABY!!

You are much more brave than I am...we only cruise when it's not football season or on a Bama off weekend!

Two Tigers down....One to go! Along with a Bulldog and Gator! :p

LOL....Roll Tide!!

Coming from somebody that despised football UNTIL I went to the Alabama/Tennesse game this year.....now I semi love the game :)

Archived