anniversary question

i have never been on rccl. however, i have traveled carnival and princess and i know for a fact that for your anniversary (or birthday) they will decorate your door with balloons and give you a cake. does rccl do that?

thank you

Yes, they do - but for a price. If you check the "Gifts and Gear" section of the website, you can see what's available.

I don't know anything about decorating doors but on a cruise we took a couple of years ago with friends who were having an Anniversary, we told the Head Waiter about it and they did get an Anniversary cake on the day of their Anniversary at no additional charge. Of course, we made up for that in the additional tip amount we made at the end of the cruise.

I don't know anything about decorating doors but on a cruise we took a couple of years ago with friends who were having an Anniversary, we told the Head Waiter about it and they did get an Anniversary cake on the day of their Anniversary at no additional charge. Of course, we made up for that in the additional tip amount we made at the end of the cruise.

It's no longer free nor automatic.

And the regular desserts look lovely with a candle in them. ;)

Just pull your waiter aside and tell him about the occasion. They'll stick a candle in anything. They'll even stick it in NOTHING. (one year, my daughter said that she didn't want dessert on her birthday, so the waiter brought a plate, with chocolate syrup spelling out Happy Birthday, and a candle in a puff of whipped cream in the center of the plate.)

It's no longer free nor automatic.

And the regular desserts look lovely with a candle in them. ;)

Just pull your waiter aside and tell him about the occasion. They'll stick a candle in anything. They'll even stick it in NOTHING. (one year, my daughter said that she didn't want dessert on her birthday, so the waiter brought a plate, with chocolate syrup spelling out Happy Birthday, and a candle in a puff of whipped cream in the center of the plate.)

thank you all, i guess i was spoiled on princess they did it up big and no charge!!!! i'll have to figure out another way to surprise him!!!

thanks again

i have never been on rccl. however, i have traveled carnival and princess and i know for a fact that for your anniversary (or birthday) they will decorate your door with balloons and give you a cake.

does rccl do that?

thank you

When you say you know for a fact, are you sure about that? Have you been on a cruise with princess in the last year?...... Could it just be cerntain ships? Yes, they do something nice in the dining room, usually head waiter comes up and asks you about the occassion. But we have received no decorated door our last 2 cruises that were special occasions on Princess. Have only received decorations on our door one time and that was 4 years ago.

RCI cruises...since Jan. head waiter on the Monarch was on top of it, twice, without being told. Great staff on that ship.

Med. cruise staff on the NOTS had to be told, average staff.

When you say you know for a fact, are you sure about that? Have you been on a cruise with princess in the last year?...... Could it just be cerntain ships? Yes, they do something nice in the dining room, usually head waiter comes up and asks you about the occassion. But we have received no decorated door our last 2 cruises that were special occasions on Princess. Have only received decorations on our door one time and that was 4 years ago.

RCI cruises...since Jan. head waiter on the Monarch was on top of it, twice, without being told. Great staff on that ship.

yes i was on princess this year!!! they decorated my door and they put 3 balloons outside!!! then at dinner they gave us a delicious chocolate cake and even wrapped it for us to take to the room because we were totally full after dinner.

it was wonderful. shame rccl doesn't do it!!!

Will be travelling with SO for his birthday. I have arranged for the room to be decorated for our arrival and for chocolate covered strawberries to be there too!!!! Have also booked one of the specialty restaurants for his birthday itself.... Portofino's. It's going to be awesome..... and a total surprise!!!

yes i was on princess this year!!! they decorated my door and they put 3 balloons outside!!! then at dinner they gave us a delicious chocolate cake and even wrapped it for us to take to the room because we were totally full after dinner.

Just asking the obvious question: Are sure that someone else did not order this for you? (Spouse, friends, etc?). I know for a fact that the 2 carnival ships I went on did not do this. One was an anniversary cruises, one was a birthday cruise. I did, however, buy the package, and they provided a cake, but I did pay for it.

Just asking the obvious question: Are sure that someone else did not order this for you? (Spouse, friends, etc?). I know for a fact that the 2 carnival ships I went on did not do this. One was an anniversary cruises, one was a birthday cruise. I did, however, buy the package, and they provided a cake, but I did pay for it.

no one paid for the cuise but me, i surprised him so i know no one else paid for it!!!

the golden princess put balloons in the entry to our cabin and put streamers on the door and mailbox!! then at dinner they presented the cake, again, no one paid for it. i was the only one who knew what ship, what cabin and when!!!!!

and it was april of this year!!!!

Archived