Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn of South America

glgolfer

Have not tried the sims on any ship.

I had a happy birthday today. First I hit a penny slot for $300+ and then hit a quarter slot with a 7 - 12X -12X for $3600.

It was a good birthday.

Smooth waters and mostly sunny today. Sea day tomorrow and then the last day of the 2nd leg in Valparaiso.

it's going much too fast.

Paul, congrats on your win and your BIRTHDAY! A great birthday gift to you from RCCL!

Feel better.

Glad you are doing better Paul. I can relate to back trouble, so I know how you felt and not able to walk! Also glad most who were sick are getting better. I really hope all the germs and icky stuff is out of there when we board on the 22 nd. :)

It so hard to believe your journey is almost over. Thank you for taking time post. Enjoy the remainder of your cruise!

I overheard someone in the theater right before we got off saying that someone's camera was snatched 3 blocks from the pier in Valparaiso. It WAS a pretty seedy looking area.

I hope everyone is over their illnesses. Tom & I both came down with a terrible cough after we got home and I have been in bed for the last 3 days:(.

I overheard someone in the theater right before we got off saying that someone's camera was snatched 3 blocks from the pier in Valparaiso. It WAS a pretty seedy looking area.

I hope everyone is over their illnesses. Tom & I both came down with a terrible cough after we got home and I have been in bed for the last 3 days:(.

Hope you're both feeling better!

:( Well, hope I didn't pass the germs to you at the dinner table - I came

down with the same cough our first day in Valpariso and have spent most

of the last 10 days home in bed. Am better but can't believe I have been

coughing for almost 2 weeks. Get better soon. Hope you and Tom had

a pleasant flight home and found everything safe and sound. Enjoyed

sharing a table with you and Cal and Sally. ;)

Hi Sherrie,

We could have gotten the "bug" anywhere, anytime! It started on the flight down when the violent coughing was constant. I told Tom then that it would be a miracle if we didn't come down with something. Then on the ship it was also very prevalent (along with other symptoms). The flight home was the same. About 3 days after we got home Tom started the coughing. He is still coughing--but better. I followed.

Used to be I would get sick 7-10 days after any long flight. Then that got better; I assumed because the airlines were filtering the air better--but with fuel conservation a high priority they may have lapsed into old bad habits.

Hope you are feeling better!

Hi Sherrie,

We could have gotten the "bug" anywhere, anytime! It started on the flight down when the violent coughing was constant. I told Tom then that it would be a miracle if we didn't come down with something. Then on the ship it was also very prevalent (along with other symptoms). The flight home was the same. About 3 days after we got home Tom started the coughing. He is still coughing--but better. I followed.

Used to be I would get sick 7-10 days after any long flight. Then that got better; I assumed because the airlines were filtering the air better--but with fuel conservation a high priority they may have lapsed into old bad habits.

Hope you are feeling better!

Mine started in Buenos Aires (we disembarked in Rio)and by the time I got back to Australia on Jan 27th I developed full on Laryngitis. After a week, it cleared up (with antibiotics) but I still have an intermittant bronchial cough - so nothing to do with the ship.

Paul, hoping your enjoying your last day of what has been a truly incredible adventure. Thanks for your posts - appreciate you taking time to keep those of us landlocked informed during this trip.

Hope you are feeling better and have a safe trip home!!

Posting this here first:

For all who knew Mexico Ken, he passed away at 0430 this morning in his sleep. Pene is doing as well as can be expected. Father Dale is onboard and provideing support.

So very sorry indeed to be reading this. Thanks for letting us know.

wow - this repo cruise has seen it all, people turned away at the pier for boarding, sickness, and now death. I hope Mariner's future is less troublesome on the West Coast! My sympathies to Penne and the other cruisers currently onboard, but Ken went peacfully, doing what he loved to do, in a place he loved to be.

Posting this here first:

For all who knew Mexico Ken, he passed away at 0430 this morning in his sleep. Pene is doing as well as can be expected. Father Dale is onboard and provideing support.

Our deepest sympathies to his family and friends. Will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Archived