Where does the Eurodam dock in Puerto Rico?

whenzuc

She docks at the downtown Old San Juan docks and it is walkable to Old San Juan. All the shops and restaurants and plenty within walking distance.

We were just there two weeks ago on Maasdam and had a GREAT time. We were at the little Dock (#21 ? I think) but the smaller ships get the smaller dock. Eurodam wouldn't likely be there. We loved it as it is the closest to downtown but very little available in the terminal. The larger terminals have far more in them. No big deal. :)

She docks right in the middle of town! Perfect location, beautiful old city, gorgeous harbor, great views of both from the ship.

Also, fyi, a really good duty free, attractively priced and well stocked liquor store on the upper level of the terminal building.....as well as a couple of other shops.

She docks right in the middle of town! Perfect location, beautiful old city, gorgeous harbor, great views of both from the ship.

Also, fyi, a really good duty free, attractively priced and well stocked liquor store on the upper level of the terminal building.....as well as a couple of other shops.

Agreed!

Ship+Photo+SEA+DREAM+I+%26+EXPLORER+OF+THE+SEAS.jpg

Ship+Photo+Club+Med+1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just starting my research of what to do for ourt 1st time in in Peurto Rico. Only a few days left before we will be heading south and I am panicking a bit as I dont have this port figured out at all.

Does the Eurodam still dock right in the middle of old town ?

What amenities are walking distance from the dock please ? I will be interested in seeing some interesting local shops/straw market / farmers market perhaps.

We are also interested in riding with the locals and catching the local bus and do some sightseeing that way.Where do I find the bus near the ship please ? And where does it go to ?

Thanks so much in advance.

Eurodam docks as described above in middle of Old San Juan. From the ship, you can walk to restaurants, stores, forts for interesting touring..... Old San Juan is hilly but for people with no mobility issues, wonderful fun for walking. Lots to see, good food, lots of 'tropical drinks' and great architecture to view.

Thanks so much.

I am researching like crazy tonight to get a plan for us together. We will be there from 10 am till 11 pm with 2 other ships in port.

Now I still need to figure out how to find the local bus to do some sightseeing and get to a nice beach sort of close to the port.

I am thinking to do the walking tour later in the day when its cooler ( late in the afternoon /early evening )

And possibly get back to the ship after the walking tour with the trolley.

San Juan is not the best choice for going to the beach. On Eurodam itinerary (assuming you are on the regular 7 day), beaches/pools are better at Grand Turk, St. Thomas and HMC.

The best beaches within reasonable reach from the port are at Isle verde. The beaches are public, however, not all hotels will permit you to pass through their property to reach the beach. We have been a guest a number of times at these resorts and see them stop cruisers from trying to cross through their pool areas to the beach. A taxi from ship to Isla Verde area runs about $20 + depending upon traffic which can be heavy.

You may wish to look at the Ports of Call Section of CC - San Juan for information.

(If someone in your party likes Coach, Burberry, Polo, Dooney & Bourke shopping..... these stores have outlets a short walk from the ship.)

As most people have said Eurodam seems to dock at Pier 4. I'm sure that's where I was a couple of weeks ago. Easily accessible for sightseeing, shops, restaurants etc and there are guys outside the ship offering city tours for $10 if you're interested and don't want to fork out the HAL shore excursion price :)

Thanks so much.

I am researching like crazy tonight to get a plan for us together. We will be there from 10 am till 11 pm with 2 other ships in port.

Now I still need to figure out how to find the local bus to do some sightseeing and get to a nice beach sort of close to the port.

I am thinking to do the walking tour later in the day when its cooler ( late in the afternoon /early evening )

And possibly get back to the ship after the walking tour with the trolley.

If you go to the ports board you will find info on beaches in San Juan. Isla Verde and Condado are the best nearby alternatives. It will run about $12 for a taxi ride which will take about 10-15 minutes. Some people get day passes at a hotel, but there are public beaches in both areas.

there are also free hop on/off trolleys that go thruout old san juan. we just used it last week and it was fine with multiple trolley stop areas. just exit the peir and go left a short distance and you will see the stop areas and wait. they supposedly arrive approx every 20-30 minutes and the locals do use them. have fun- we did!

Archived