Is it me or are we seeing some pretty lame threads

Between the cheesy t shirt thread and the one about Johnny Rocket and the pool band. Either people have way to much time on their hands or they just live to complain about trivial things that don't amount to much.

I like cc put these threads have hit a real low even lower then the smuggling liquor and chair hog threads. If you want to complain about something how about something with a little more meat on it. Have we really become such a superficial society where the slightest thing sets us off and we are so quick to complain about it? Really does selling t shirt ruins someone cruise if so I would like someone to explain how it does. or the pool band only plays two hours so I am not going to cruise on RCL anymore... someone needs to get a realty check

I am seeing a new low here and it is a shame how trivial some people can be. I fully understand that this is CC and everyone has a right to their opinions. Everyone is not going to like the RCL experience and they are entitle to express that. These comments are coming from who knows where and not even sure why someone would take their time to even write it. Such small things can ruin someone cruise experience just baffles me.

Thought the same thing, but I guess some people just take stuff A LOT more seriously than I do...

I'm just happy to be cruising...

Don't get me wrong, I will complain if it is something ridiculous-- but I agree with you, dfish.

It's the end of the holiday break, or at the very least an extended period of "downtime" at work for many, so a lot of folks are bored this time of year. What you're reading is probably a few bad attempts to get attention or start arguments to liven things up. :rolleyes:

Just ignore them

Lame is not the word Dale. I cannot believe that people can be this unhappy about a vacation. If that were the case for me, then I would find a new way to spend my leisure dollars.

I have an idea, RCI should lower the price of the cruise to $20.00 a night per person for the cabin and the rest is pay as you go. Put hammocks in each cabin and take out the beds so that all cabins can all sleep up to four campers. Then open a Wal-Mart on the Royal Promenade. Next door they could set up a 24 hour coin laundry and also a 7-11 so that people can buy their Slurpee's and beef jerky while waiting for their clothes to wash. Next bring in McDonalds, BK, Wendy's for casual dining at $2.00 a person and for upscale dining nothing but the best with Golden Corral for five bucks.

Allow roll on coolers for Jed Clampett style cruising complete with a moonshine still on the pool deck and just dip your cup into Grannies washtub full of fresh made hooch. No need to smuggle anymore.;)

Any other ideas to make everyone happy??????

Between the cheesy t shirt thread and the one about Johnny Rocket and the pool band. Either people have way to much time on their hands or they just live to complain about trivial things that don't amount to much.

I like cc put these threads have hit a real low even lower then the smuggling liquor and chair hog threads. If you want to complain about something how about something with a little more meat on it. Have we really become such a superficial society where the slightest thing sets us off and we are so quick to complain about it? Really does selling t shirt ruins someone cruise if so I would like someone to explain how it does. or the pool band only plays two hours so I am not going to cruise on RCL anymore... someone needs to get a realty check

I am seeing a new low here and it is a shame how trivial some people can be. I fully understand that this is CC and everyone has a right to their opinions. Everyone is not going to like the RCL experience and they are entitle to express that. These comments are coming from who knows where and not even sure why someone would take their time to even write it. Such small things can ruin someone cruise experience just baffles me.

OK............do we want to take another run at the $14.95 steak!!:D:D:D

Rick

If this important to them let's hear it. Someday what's important to you others will roll their eyes as well.

Seems your getting equally as worked up as the ones you speak of

I agree with you & I like to read some of the threads considered lame by the OP. To each his own & it is nice to see an active board in comparison to some other boards and sites. Happy sailing. :-)

This happens every year after the holiday sailings ;)

I think most of the postings are from bored kids during their winter break.

###

Or.........they are all flying to Orlando........to have a wonderul dinner tomorrow evening.......and then on Sunday they are on the Mariner.

Then many will be mesmorized with Marion_Moms thread.......LIVE......LIVE from the Mariner, as she........and over 200 0ther Cruise Critic members take the Mariner of the Seas around the horn...........of South America......that is!!:D;)

MM started the thread.......as she is on the pre cruise.......to the start of the REAL cruise on Sunday.

Jump on......ask her questions..........and hopefully, with pictures, you will have a virtual tour of the voyage of the ship that is (kinda) replacing the Monarch of the Seas.:)

Rick

This happens every year after the holiday sailings ;)

I think most of the postings are from bored kids during their winter break.

###

You're probably right, but I'm not sure why kids, even bored ones, are coming over to a message board filled with adults who are discussing topics that just could not be that interesting to them......a lot of the threads are fairly specific and are only interesting to a small handful of adults.....certainly not too interesting to kids!

Lame is not the word Dale. I cannot believe that people can be this unhappy about a vacation. If that were the case for me, then I would find a new way to spend my leisure dollars.

I have an idea, RCI should lower the price of the cruise to $20.00 a night per person for the cabin and the rest is pay as you go. Put hammocks in each cabin and take out the beds so that all cabins can all sleep up to four campers. Then open a Wal-Mart on the Royal Promenade. Next door they could set up a 24 hour coin laundry and also a 7-11 so that people can buy their Slurpee's and beef jerky while waiting for their clothes to wash. Next bring in McDonalds, BK, Wendy's for casual dining at $2.00 a person and for upscale dining nothing but the best with Golden Corral for five bucks.

Allow roll on coolers for Jed Clampett style cruising complete with a moonshine still on the pool deck and just dip your cup into Grannies washtub full of fresh made hooch. No need to smuggle anymore.;)

Now you did it G, you owe me a new bottle of screen cleaner AND paper towels ;);)

I guess folks can pack their own towels and silverware?? Just trying to help!

###

I agree with you & I like to read some of the threads considered lame by the OP. To each his own & it is nice to see an active board in comparison to some other boards and sites. Happy sailing. :-)

Geez Jack..........you and I are the only ones left.......after everyone else has headed for Port Canaveral!!

We will have to single handedly, almost, ..........help keep this board together!!

Rick

Sorry..........a small "inside" joke!!

Soon RCI will be just like EasyCruise. Pay a base fare and everything else is a la carte pricing. I hear on EasyCruise you even pay to have daily housekeeping, imagine if RCI started that!!! Hmmmmmmmm, my towel animal looks suspiciously like a bottle of Jack Daniels!

I'll say the "boredom" comment is probably pretty accurate. Has been for me at least, but I'm more interested in looking for a good laugh than in complaining. That would be part of the reason the "Sign the Pledge" thread got so many posts last night even if it was a little bit weird.

People were just cracking up on that one. Wish it had rolled along as well tonight!

Anyone with 13,049 posts obviously has a lot of ideas!

Soon RCI will be just like EasyCruise. Pay a base fare and everything else is a la carte pricing. I hear on EasyCruise you even pay to have daily housekeeping, imagine if RCI started that!!! Hmmmmmmmm, my towel animal looks suspiciously like a bottle of Jack Daniels!

Wolf...............you know Jack???:D

Rick

Hi cruisingator2,

Boy did you earn this one tonight. That one can't be beat!

The sad thing is, there are some that would love it if RCCL had that. :(

The Blue Ribbon award goes to cruisingator2 for the best laugh of the night.

ribbon_blu.gif

Now you did it G, you owe me a new bottle of screen cleaner AND paper towels ;);)

I guess folks can pack their own towels and silverware?? Just trying to help!

###

They can dry off with their own dirty T Shirts at the pool.

Use plastic utensils, paper plates and their handkerchief for a napkin in the dining room. Just like at home.

:

Originally Posted by browneyes7

Anyone with 13,049 posts obviously has a lot of ideas!

:

Originally Posted by cruisingator2

Yes I do. Want to hear more? It that the best that you could come up with?

I realize that I only have 8,000 some posts....are you willing to read my ideas as well :rolleyes::confused:

###

I have 17 less than you. :p

I suspect the other areas of the boards must be boring tonight and we just have some occasional visitors. ;)

Archived