Cruise Director List 2009

MrPete

I think CDs are like the sprinkles on an ice cream sundae.....yes it would still be a sundae without them...but it would not be as good!!! ;)

On a personal note, we depend heavily on the Cruise Directors for assistance with our special needs son....and ALL (but one) have been FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we get the SR CD on the Destiny. we leave on 02/14. DOC'S came in the mail yesterday.

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.

John's off at the end of the month. Your CD will be DAN GHILDARDUCCI.

So since it's Karl with a K right now, that's not guaranteed it will still be him when we cruise on June 28, or will he have vacation and then re-board?

Not a big deal, I just always like to know who it is :)

John's list only goes out through April, but shows Wee Jimmy will be replacing Mr. Bird in on 3/31. Mr. Bird then joins the Splendor on 4/21.

What can anyone tell me about GOOSE NEUMANN? Looks like he'll be the CD on the Splendor when we cruise on 04/05/09.

This is only going to be my second cruise. We had Stu on the Elation in November, and he was a hoot! :D

We have sailed with him 3 times.

The first time he was not as visible as the next two times....it just took some time to get to know him.

Once we got to know him...we found him delightful.

I have a tendency to judge CDs on the job they do with our special needs son and he did very well in that department....even on the first cruise!!!

You mean to tell me Todd Witmer not on will be on the Jan 31 sailing of the Freedom but the will be fresh back from vacation?????

How awesome is that?? Hubby and I had him on our first cruise years ago and just thought he was so much fun and booking thinking we would get him. Then lately it showed a sub for his vacation and we were bummed. He did so much with the guests and had a great sense of humor that was right up our alley.

Thanks for the good news!

Sailing in 2 days baby!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Is Chris Jefferson not coming back to the Valor? We were so hoping he would still be there again in October.

I just got an email from Chris and he is headed to the Conquest after his Valor contract....which coincidentally happens to be the first ship we sailed with him on when he was Entertainment Staff (not yet a CD)....

cd-schedule-october-2008-april-2009.jpg

One small correction...this chart shows Kevin Noonan as the CD of the Imagination.

He was moved to the Destiny but I do not know if it was as CD or ACD....

I just got an email from his wife letting me know of the change.

Does it really matter who the cruise director is on your trip? I couldnt tell who mine was ever, and whoever it is makes no difference in how much I enjoy the cruise.

I can see how people would think that, but my second Carnival Cruise had the legendary John Heald as the Cruise Director and he was SO awesome! Having him as the Director really did make the entire cruise that much better, and that is saying a lot, because I cruised with my turd of an ex-husband a couple of months before we finally split up, so his company wasn't the greatest that week. The idiot (ex-husband, not John Heald) sulked the entire cruise because I happened to book us on Superbowl Sunday.

I can see how people would think that, but my second Carnival Cruise had the legendary John Heald as the Cruise Director and he was SO awesome! Having him as the Director really did make the entire cruise that much better, and that is saying a lot, because I cruised with my turd of an ex-husband a couple of months before we finally split up, so his company wasn't the greatest that week. The idiot (ex-husband, not John Heald) sulked the entire cruise because I happened to book us on Superbowl Sunday.

Can we say "turd" on here?

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!

Thanks for the laugh today...I had one of "those", too. He's gone now.

Does anyone have any info on Trevor Block. It appears that he will be our CD on the Fascination. Not sure yet, as the list doesn't include May 2009.

Trevor was the CD on our Fascination cruise last October. Maybe he was just having a bad week or something, but he just didn't impress us. Everyone has a different opinion, and many like Trevor, and he would probably be a great guy to "hang out" with and maybe tilt back a few, but as a CD, I thought he was.....there.

I don't remember the CD on our first cruise on Jubilee, but in addition to Trevor, we've sailed with Chris Roberts and Malcolm Burn. Chris was pretty good, probably the best on stage, but Malcolm was pure entertainment all week long.

POST YOUR CRUISE DIRECTOR!

Conquest: WEE JIMMY

Destiny: JEN BAXTER

Ecstasy: STEVE CASSEL

Elation: JASON STINETTE

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: JACQUES DeLANGE

Freedom: LENNY HALLIDAY

Glory: BUTCH BEGOVITCH

Holiday: TORY SECOY

Imagination: SKIP LYONS

Inspiration: PHILPE COUTO

Legend: SHAWN BUSSEY

Liberty: STEVE KNISLEY

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Paradise: JEFF BRONSON

Pride: DAN GHILDARDUCCI

Sensation: PAUL SANTLEY

Splendor: GOOSE NEUMANN

Spirit: KIRK BENNING

Triumph: RYAN FITZGERALD

Valor: CHRIS JEFFERSON

Victory: KARL with a K

Where did Risa go on Inspiration, we really enjoyed her.

Archived