Cruise Director List 2009

MrPete

Does it really matter who the cruise director is on your trip? I couldnt tell who mine was ever, and whoever it is makes no difference in how much I enjoy the cruise.

we thought the same thing - until we had an amazing CD and we realized what we had been missing. I won't plan a cruise just for the CD though...

On my first cruise, I had no clue what a CD was! But then again I was younger...

Then I took the Fasination in 2005, and had Wee Jimmy. He was a hoot!

In 2006, I had Brent M. and he was soooo boring compared to Wee Jimmy. He did his job, but in comparison - it was lame.

Last year on the Glory...I had Butch! He was awesome! He was hilarious. He always had the crowd going; never a dull moment with him. I loved his morning shows - they were so funny. I found myself wanting to get up just to watch it!

I was wondering about who would be on the Miracle this year. So thanks Mr. Pete for the post. But I'm bummed, it looks like Brent again! Ugh, well thankfully I don't pick sailing according to CD's - lol.

Nola - that list only showed till April 2009. Do you have more? Or am I viewing it wrong? (Hoping maybe Brent's on vacation or something - no offense Brent if you read this - lol)

PS - Does everyone do morning shows and I've just never been awake? Or is that just a "Butch" thing.

One small correction...this chart shows Kevin Noonan as the CD of the Imagination.

He was moved to the Destiny but I do not know if it was as CD or ACD....

I just got an email from his wife letting me know of the change.

Any idea who will be the CD on the Imagination in Feb? Thanks

One small correction...this chart shows Kevin Noonan as the CD of the Imagination.

He was moved to the Destiny but I do not know if it was as CD or ACD....

I just got an email from his wife letting me know of the change.

Ship happens.

The list is here:

http://johnheald.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/cd-schedule-october-2008-april-2009.jpg

but they don't continuously update. It only goes through April. Maybe time to nudge them into posting a later list.

Imagination in February looks like Kevin Noonan.

A number of cruise directors do Morning Shows. John Heald certainly does.

You can find bios for a number of CDs, but not all, here:

http://www.carnivalentertainment.com/index.htm

Ship happens.

The list is here:

http://johnheald.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/cd-schedule-october-2008-april-2009.jpg

but they don't continuously update. It only goes through April. Maybe time to nudge them into posting a later list.

Imagination in February looks like Kevin Noonan.

A number of cruise directors do Morning Shows. John Heald certainly does.

You can find bios for a number of CDs, but not all, here:

http://www.carnivalentertainment.com/index.htm

I just talked with Kevin Noonan's wife a few days ago and Kevin will NOT be going to the Imagination as the schedule shows.

He was transferred at the last minute to the Destiny.

She did not say who will be the CD on the Imagination...sorry...but it won't be Kevin.

I think I read on John's Blog the other day that he wasn't sure if he was going to be the CD on our March 29th Valor sailing. To me his blog can be quite confusing and I can't find out if he will or will not be our CD for that date... Does anyone know for sure?

Another thing, does John still do "If I Were Not Upon The Sea?"... Each time I've had him as CD we made sure not to miss his show... Seen others too, but John's is still the best!!!

Conquest: KYLE POST

Destiny: KEVIN NOONAN

Ecstasy: STEVE CASSEL

Elation: JASON STINETTE

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: JACQUES DeLANGE

Freedom: TODD WHITTMER

Glory: JAMES CHARLETON

Holiday: TORY SECOY

Imagination:

Inspiration: PHILPE COUTO

Legend: JEN BAXTER

Liberty: STEVE KNISLEY

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Paradise: JEFF BRONSON

Pride: MARK PRICE

Sensation: PAUL SANTLEY

Splendor: GOOSE NEUMANN

Spirit: CHRIS ROBERTS

Triumph: JORGE SOLDANO

Valor:

Victory: KARL with a K

Conquest: KYLE POST

Destiny: KEVIN NOONAN

Ecstasy: STEVE CASSEL

Elation: JASON STINETTE

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: JACQUES DeLANGE

Freedom: TODD WHITTMER

Glory: JAMES CHARLETON

Holiday: TORY SECOY

Imagination:

Inspiration: PHILPE COUTO

Legend: JEN BAXTER

Liberty: STEVE KNISLEY

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Paradise: JEFF BRONSON

Pride: MARK PRICE

Sensation: PAUL SANTLEY

Splendor: GOOSE NEUMANN

Spirit: CHRIS ROBERTS

Triumph: JORGE SOLDANO

Valor:

Victory: KARL with a K

I know that Kevin Noonan went to the Destiny instead of the Imagination (I just got an email from him)....but I do not know if it was as ACD or Acting CD.

Maybe someone can confirm??? ( I forgot to ask him "what" he was doing ...just "where" he was.)

I think I read on John's Blog the other day that he wasn't sure if he was going to be the CD on our March 29th Valor sailing. To me his blog can be quite confusing and I can't find out if he will or will not be our CD for that date... Does anyone know for sure?

Another thing, does John still do "If I Were Not Upon The Sea?"... Each time I've had him as CD we made sure not to miss his show... Seen others too, but John's is still the best!!!

I hope he is going to be on the Valor March 29th...there are a lot of people booking that cruise based on that ....

Is it to early to find out who will be the cruise director on the Destiny Oct. 24? One of the young men in our group is planning to propose on the cruise and I figured if any one can help us get that done - and done right - it would be someone from CC....ya'll just seem to know everyone.

What can anyone tell me about GOOSE NEUMANN? Looks like he'll be the CD on the Splendor when we cruise on 04/05/09.

This is only going to be my second cruise. We had Stu on the Elation in November, and he was a hoot! :D

I had Goose on my Splendor sailing a couple weeks ago. He was competent, engaging, and did his job well, but I was rather disappointed compared to my last CD on another line.

My last CD did a morning show each morning, recorded at like 6 AM or some other god-awful hour, and re-broadcast periodically throughout the morning. It was great to get that brief intro to the day, what port we're in, what to expect, and so on. On our 7-day sailing, Goose had 1 morning show that was "live", another that involved a trip to the bridge that had been recorded around the first part of January, and the rest of the sailing he either didn't broadcast a show or it was a repeat of the bridge show.

Also, my last CD would walk around and engage people in "How are you?"s and all, and I ran by Goose twice and both times it was like I wasn't there. Of course, I'm not going to hold that against him TOO MUCH because CD's are busy people within the ship, as they deal with both passengers and crew, so perhaps he was busy with something. Still, I don't think it's asking too much to at least GREET your passengers.

Overall, I don't think he was BAD, just didn't meet my expectations all that much. It could be my expectations were a tad high. :rolleyes:

Will John Heald be on the Dream in September-he usually takes out the newest ship??? I can't find any info on this, but it may be too early.......

Todd Whitmer will be taking out the Dream, and not John Heald.

Joanne

any info on Jeremy Mayes? It looks as if he is taking over for Chris Jefferson on the Valor and I have not heard anything about him.

That is Big Tex who is currently on the Fantasy.

We have sailed with him 6 times (7 come next Saturday woo hoo)

He is a sweetheart.

Will John Heald be on the Dream in September-he usually takes out the newest ship??? I can't find any info on this, but it may be too early.......

JXR is correct. Bringing out a new ship is a lot of work and John has handed that "experience" off to Todd for the Dream.

John's wife is expecting and his "role" at Carnival may be changing from a full time CD to more of a mixture of CD and PR.

Archived