Caesar Salad

Krazy Kruizers

I have not yet tasted said salad. If it is to my liking, every meal is just the correct amount. If it is not, then it is inconsequential. One of my many joys of eating is a really good Caesar Salad.

Fran

Again, choices.

It's nice to have the choice to have caesar salad or not. It isn't as though that is the only salad offered.

Caesar salad is probably about the most popular among North Americans..... those that make up the biggest majority of people who sail HAL ships.

:) No one makes us eat it.

Overboard with Cesar Salad? Love your little pun!

And, no, there is no such thing as "too much" Cesar Salad for me!

(But, I don't do bread pudding... ever. So, y'all are welcome to my share of that.)

I love caesar salad and do order it most days. HALs leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion. It's too bland. That said it's just awesome in the Pinnacle. Maybe because they make it fresh tableside.

Agreed! It's OK, not great! Doesn't help that the Chef's name was Brutus

I have not yet tasted said salad. If it is to my liking, every meal is just the correct amount. If it is not, then it is inconsequential. One of my many joys of eating is a really good Caesar Salad.

Fran

We had caesar salad made tableside to taste in Pinnacle on Maasdam and it was great. They make it with the amount of garlic you request, pepper, anchioves etc as per your individual taste.

I also really like Caesar Salad, and I'm glad they offer it. Sometimes I eat a different salad, but so far HAL makes it well. Of course, it's not like those places that make it tableside ... smashing the anchovies and garlic in the bottom of the bowl. But I digress -- Caesar Salad is okay by me.

We had caesar salad made tableside to taste in Pinnacle on Maasdam and it was great. They make it with the amount of garlic you request, pepper, anchioves etc as per your individual taste.

Thank you so much. I made a mental note to choose that salad option. What a shame that I must wait until February to try it.

Fran

Where we live Caesar Salad is very rarely on the menu -- not popular here.

We do like Caesar Salad -- when it is made fresh!!

The lunch version and main dining room dinner version is made up in way too large of batches and sits around for too long -- gets very whimpy. They put far too much dressing on it -- the greens are literally swimming in the dressing.

Have yet to try it in the Pinnacle.

Do you think HAL has gone over board with Caesar Salad??

It is made every day for lunch.

It is available every evening for dinner.

And now it is also offered in the Pinnacle.

Your thoughts please.

By the way, it is not CAESAR salad as in Julius CAESAR of Italy.

It is instead CESAR salad as in CESAR Cardini, the man who invented the salad in his restaurant in Tijuana Mexico in the 1920s.

I think the Caesar Salad offered in the Lido is pretty good and especially since you can add items to your liking (croutons, extra Parmesan) but I have been disappointed in the dinner offering. It seemed to have been made up hours in advance and wasn't crisp. I skip it but would like to see some other salad choices. I don't care for the tomato in their salads that include fruit. The two don't go together, IMO. I would also like to see their daily salad offering with a special dressing - not your choice of the regular selection. I try to modify my dressings at home to complement the salad I make. Like raspberry vinaigrette with pears, blue cheese and pecans or orange vinaigrette with avocado, red onion and orange segments. (And yes, I have been called a salad snob but I love salad and spend more time planning and making it than most cooks.)

To answer your question, I think the Caesar at dinner should not be dropped but perhaps dressed at the table as their other salads are.

I like to have a salad once or twice a day. If there is an interesting salad, I'll choose that - if not, I'm very glad that there is the Caesar Salad option. I've certainly had better than onboard, but it's always been edible there.

I was glad they had it on my last cruise on the Noordam every night. It was very good. The other salads did not interest me at all.

I don't remember which but it was either the Zaandam or Volendam that whenever I ordered it for dinner it was very soggy like it was laying around since lunch. :rolleyes:

As one who usually doesn't like (can't eat) something in the other salad offering, I'm very thankful there is a salad (Caesar) that I can order. I'm sorry, I don't do fungus, cukes....

I'm totally with you MaryEllen...

For places where I can't just make my own and ONLY get what I like, the Caesar is a safe bet...

Not to mention probably one of the most popular salads in the world.

It was 4 or 5 HAL cruises beforeI discovered the caesar salad station at the sandwich area. I now make that part of my welcome aboard routine :)

Do you think HAL has gone over board with Caesar Salad??

It is made every day for lunch.

It is available every evening for dinner.

And now it is also offered in the Pinnacle.

Your thoughts please.

However I DO wish they had kept that pear salad on the PG menu...

While I love the food available in the PG, it's slowly crept further and further away from Pacific Northwest...

Where we live Caesar Salad is very rarely on the menu -- not popular here.

We do like Caesar Salad -- when it is made fresh!!

The lunch version and main dining room dinner version is made up in way too large of batches and sits around for too long -- gets very whimpy. They put far too much dressing on it -- the greens are literally swimming in the dressing.

Have yet to try it in the Pinnacle.

You must mean the dining room for lunch?

In the lido there's a make your own ceasar station on the right side of the sandwich area... Big bowl of romaine, big bowl of dressing, anchovies, croutons, parmesan cheese.... Then sometimes I'll go to the regular salad bar area and get some olives and/or carrots

If I don't like it THEN.... it's all my fault :)

Archived