Opinions on this dress please

katmu

Would this dress be dressy enough for one of the cruise elegant nights on Carnival Valor? Mine is black instead of the brown shown in the photo. I'm trying to pack light but I want to be appropriate.

F106_B1503_F_33A_zoom.jpg

Here's the current dress code policy:

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

I have 2 pairs of evening shoes, but I'm worried that on a cruise ship they might fall into the "fall and break my neck" category. 1 is an open toed glittery D'Orsay pump and the other are a pair of bronze metallic crystal sandals. Neither are very walking friendly though.

I think what looks dressy on one person can look washed out on another. this being said yes anything can work if it falls under the dress code per say. A dress can be considered dressy or career dressy. This seems to fall under both

Would either of these 2 be better? I've been hunting all over town trying to find something that I might be able to wear at other times too. I found these online again though.

This one is very similiar to one I tried on today, but the local store didn't have my size. It comes is this color or sapphire blue.

SW08_E1521W_F_APR_0006zoom.jpg

Or this one in the teal.

F107_D1508_F_34Bzoom.jpg

Would this dress be dressy enough for one of the cruise elegant nights on Carnival Valor? Mine is black instead of the brown shown in the photo. I'm trying to pack light but I want to be appropriate.

F106_B1503_F_33A_zoom.jpg

Here's the current dress code policy:

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Deffo fine, your look beautifull, I allways say there is only 1 thing worse then being undersressed and thats over dressed...:eek: honestly till you've been there your not understand....;)

Would either of these 2 be better? I've been hunting all over town trying to find something that I might be able to wear at other times too. I found these online again though.

This one is very similiar to one I tried on today, but the local store didn't have my size. It comes is this color or sapphire blue.

Or this one in the teal.

F107_D1508_F_34Bzoom.jpg

Top one love it ! Not the other, not sure your like wearing it on the cruise let alone else where,,,,

Or this one in the teal.

F107_D1508_F_34Bzoom.jpg

Katmu,

I think that the sleveless one is the dressiest of the three you've posted. The other two could easily be worn to the office or a business event, the sleeveless one couldn't.

The two long sleeved ones- especially, the first one you posted in your initial post, are good looking but are better suited for a less formal evening. That said, Carnival has very relaxed guidelines, and if you wore the first one, you would be more dressed up than some, and less dressed up than others.

So, if you're struggling with budget and/or time limitations, you can certainly wear the first one, add some nice sparkly bling and a pair of black patent peep toe pumps (and if you've got shapely legs, a pair of black fishnet hose) and you'd be absolutely within the wide window of what's acceptable. But if you prefer to be dressed more "special", and with more pizazz, I'd definitely go with the sleeveless one.

But again, don't drive yourself crazy. You can feel confident and comfortable in any of them.

You will see all types dresses on formal night. Some very formal and some semi formal or even church appropriate. The 1st black dress is definitely fine. The important thing is to wear what you are comfortable with for the evening. Like others said the right shoes and jewerely. But be sure to wear shoes that are comfortable.

Archived