so few mexico sailings, need help with finding a bargain

leeuwarden

Being from Vegas I know what you mean about west coast departures, but we've done Mexico 2x now and don't plan to do again anytime soon only cause we LOVE the blue water of the caribbean - just can't be beat! Due to there only being a very few ships doing this itinerary it is simply a supply and demand thing - smaller supply with their being fewer ships compared to the massive amounts in the caribbean & alaska means higher prices unfortunately. Try to find some of the repositioning cruises coming out of the Panama Canal going up to Alaska, we got a pretty good deal on Princess a couple of years back that was 7 days from Acapulco up to San Francisco, great different itinerary and again we good price. Good luck!

christina, we're here in so. cal. and i just finished searching ALL mexico options for first week of april. i found that either ncl star (we've been on her in hawaii and LOVE her) or Princess Diamond were the best prices and options for us (we were looking at mini suites) but we ended up booking a royal suite on the century for feb. instead!!!!! the price was amazing and we've never been to the e. caribbean.

Hi:) I am in Florida and found a wonderful cruise on Mercury back in March:D

Yes, I flew to San Francisco....had one of the best cruises ever!!! Not sure what is being offered in 2005 but the Mercury was awesome and we had a wonderful group from these boards as well:)

I definitely would recommend that ship to you:)

Hello everyone ~ just a friendly reminder that it is against Cruise Critic Community Guidelines to make travel agent recommendations on our board and/or to ask others to email you for this information. I have removed this information from posts within this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and future cooperation.

We got back from the 10 nt Mercury cruise 11/3 and as much as I like San Fran, I won't sail out of there again... I'm just not a good cool weather cruiser... way too cold for me. However, I think that going out of San Diego would be a possibility.

paul

Hallo Leeuwarden.

Let me confuse you even more. We just found a 3 great cruises to Hawaii, but in March and April 2006..... all leaving to and from LA. Maybe another option?

We just had a cruise (september/ocotber) to Mexico on Mercury and loved it.

Groeten uit Holland:)

Hello everyone ~ just a friendly reminder that it is against Cruise Critic Community Guidelines to make travel agent recommendations on our board and/or to ask others to email you for this information. I have removed this information from posts within this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and future cooperation.

Ok, I am sorry...

To OP, check nice itinerary for April 24, 2005 on Mercury. Prices are vary but still not bad for 10 nighter.:)

Don't feel bad Tatka, it was me too. I didn't even think about it, just wanted to share the info that I have PAINSTAKINGLY gathered!!!LOL! We're now back on the Century but the April 16th sailing instead...long story with many reasons, but very happy!!!

Archived