Transportation from Gatwick to pier

SNAFL

Has anyone else ever used Marathon Taxis to get from Gatwick to Southhampton? They were recommended by another web site and the price is reasonable - 150 pounds for our party of five. Let me know any pros and cons please. Thanks.

And here I was thinking I was getting a deal - I was told RCI was 100 per person so I thought 150 for a party of five was good. Thanks, I'll look around. Considered the train but decided door to door would be better for our group.

Has anyone else ever used Marathon Taxis to get from Gatwick to Southhampton? They were recommended by another web site and the price is reasonable - 150 pounds for our party of five. Let me know any pros and cons please. Thanks.

Take the train, wonderfully relaxing, and probably something you don't do at home. The seats are big and comfy, Gatwick -> Southampton trains leave once an hour, and take just shy of 2 hours. It's about 20pounds/ea.

Gatwick train station is an elevator ride down from the south terminal at Gatwick, and Southampton Central Station is within sight (3/4 mile) from the major cruise terminals.

Photo of Southern Line train (taken while we rode from Southampton to Gatwick)

Archived