Sydney- blue mountains

wsailher

We took Oz Trails tour and was very satisfied. We booked it at the information center in The Rocks. What we liked about the tour was seeing kangaroo in the wild instead of at a nature park. Also for $15.00 extra you can have lunch in Katoomba and if you like Italian food it was a great lunch. We also came back from the Blue Mountains on a ferry boat and you cruise into Sydney Harbor under the bridge. I highly recommend this tour.

We took Oz Trails tour and was very satisfied. We booked it at the information center in The Rocks. What we liked about the tour was seeing kangaroo in the wild instead of at a nature park. Also for $15.00 extra you can have lunch in Katoomba and if you like Italian food it was a great lunch. We also came back from the Blue Mountains on a ferry boat and you cruise into Sydney Harbor under the bridge. I highly recommend this tour.

Sounds such an excellent tour, I've added the website to my favourites.

Discovered the ferry trip back was from Parramatta. What a clever idea!

You can do the Blue Mountains quite easily on your own by catching a train and buying a Blue Mountains ExplorerLink ticket, which combines CityRail travel to Katoomba Station and day access to the get-on-get-off Explorer bus, a red double decker that drives between 30 attractions around the Blue Mountains ... see http://www.cityrail.info/fares/link_tickets.jsp and www.explorerbus.com.au.

Here is a thread from about 12 months ago that discussed going by train.

Bob

You can do the Blue Mountains quite easily on your own by catching a train and buying a Blue Mountains ExplorerLink ticket, which combines CityRail travel to Katoomba Station and day access to the get-on-get-off Explorer bus, a red double decker that drives between 30 attractions around the Blue Mountains ... see http://www.cityrail.info/fares/link_tickets.jsp and www.explorerbus.com.au.

Here is a thread from about 12 months ago that discussed going by train.

Bob

An elderly lady, where I was staying last week, did this trip and really enjoyed herself.

I saved the Oz Trails website for overseas visitors, as they love to see Australian wildlife in the wild.

Speaking of seeing creatures in the wild - I saw my very first koala in the wild over the last Xmas break. It was amazing! I'm 53 years old and after years of seeing them in zoos and wildlife parks I couldn't believe it.

It is really nice to see them in the wild but I also think that a lot of visitros like to pat them (kangaroos).

Speaking of seeing creatures in the wild - I saw my very first koala in the wild over the last Xmas break. It was amazing! I'm 53 years old and after years of seeing them in zoos and wildlife parks I couldn't believe it.

It is really nice to see them in the wild but I also think that a lot of visitros like to pat them (kangaroos).

It is always a joy to see animals in the wild, even for locals.

I have been fortunate to see a number of koalas in the wild - the most recent at Magnetic Island next to a walking path with people walking past not noticing.

My most memorable experience was to see a koala swim between 2 islands, near Mackay, as I understood they didn't like water.

If we go to the Blue Mountains again I would take the train. Last time we signed up for a tour and were picked up at Circular Quay, the tour bus then picked up at various places in Sydney before proceeding to the Blue Mountains. We spent a lot of time sitting in traffic on the way out and back. The train takes you to the Blue Mountains direct and there is a shuttle at the train station to take you to the various points of interest.

• 2 weeks later...
Advice please on best tour to Blue Mountains ?:cool:

We used Sydney Tours R Us www.sydneytoursrus.com for a tour of the Blue Mountains and the Featherdale Wildlife Part. Our group considted of about 50 people, but Tours R Us will arrange tours for any size group.

Click on the link below for information on how to view a video of this tour.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=926243

Cruzer Two

Archived