Huge Discount - 12/6/09 - Golden to Hawaii

Lynda90

I just switched from 2/14/10 to 12/6/09 and saved $1,000! I guess I won't see as many whales in December, but I like the savings anyhow.

Thanks for posting this!

Wow, you can't beat that! Please join our very meager roll call. :p:p

Hi Lynda,

I am very happy for you. I am looking at the Hawaiian cruises in November or December of 2009, but my past rates don’t show any discounts! I am very disappointed. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we are in Canada. But I will keep checking…

Chelsea

welcome to cruise critic :)

and my rates don't change either if i sign in or not. sigh...no hawaii for me.

In December, I was pleased when our fares for a minisuite for a Hawaii cruise went down by $100.

But, thanks to a CC poster's information, today I was able to get our fares reduced by another $500 apiece for that cruise.

THANK YOU, Thank you, thank you!!!

That total of $600 almost pays for my balcony fare for the Alaska cruise I booked using the 2-for-1 pricing email offer!

In December, I was pleased when our fares for a minisuite for a Hawaii cruise went down by $100.

But, thanks to a CC poster's information, today I was able to get our fares reduced by another $500 apiece for that cruise.

THANK YOU, Thank you, thank you!!!

That total of $600 almost pays for my balcony fare for the Alaska cruise I booked using the 2-for-1 pricing email offer!

That's the same thing we were talking about today. The $638pp we saved actually pays for the balcony on our Alaska 2 for 1 booking. A true 2 for 1. Too bad we have to thank the rotten economy for our windfall.

For a $1000 savings, you could book the 2 for 1 Alaska and see a bunch of whales and get a "free" cruise

Hmmm .... you make a good point. My husband was looking at it from a "free helicopter flight and whale watch in Hawaii" standpoint (and some left over). :D

Wow, you can't beat that! Please join our very meager roll call. :p:p

I did join the roll call, and it's not nearly as meager as the one for the 2/14/10 sailing. That entire roll call consisted of only a lady named Donna and me posting back and forth to each other. She was trying to talk her husband into that sailing, but if she did she never posted back. The 12/609 roll call looks pretty lively to me! :D:D

I did join the roll call, and it's not nearly as meager as the one for the 2/14/10 sailing. That entire roll call consisted of only a lady named Donna and me posting back and forth to each other. She was trying to talk her husband into that sailing, but if she did she never posted back. The 12/609 roll call looks pretty lively to me! :D:D

Well we did get a few more joiners. Now, we'll have to keep it going. My Alaska roll call is also not getting many hits.

Well we did get a few more joiners. Now, we'll have to keep it going. My Alaska roll call is also not getting many hits.

Lynda, now this is funny as TucsonSue(see above) who is joining you on your Hawaii cruise is on my Alaska Cruise this coming May on the golden. Are you sure you do not want to change your mind.:D

Marilyn

Lynda, now this is funny as TucsonSue(see above) who is joining you on your Hawaii cruise is on my Alaska Cruise this coming May on the golden. Are you sure you do not want to change your mind.:D

Marilyn

Yes, I do want to change my mind but the cost is almost twice what I paid for the one I'm on. Unfortunately, I didn't look at it when the 2 for 1 was originally offered. The only reason I chose the Star over the Golden is because I've never been on the Star and I'll be on the Golden to Hawaii.

Just got an email from my TA today with a new re-fare on our Hawaiian cruise. This particular cruise has been reduced by a huge amount. It may have to do with the new past passenger rates that Princess has been promoting lately, but it's worth a try for those of you on that cruise or looking to sail to Hawaii. I have never seen the prices so low. I logged into "my Princess" and checked the prices in the booking area. The huge discount only shows in conjunction with my past passenger number. It does not show without first logging in.

Any idea who or what the requirements are for this reduction? We are booked for the Jan. 31, 2010 sailing to Hawaii. I tried to go onto Princess' website and act like I was booking this cruise (after logging in) and there did not appear to be any reduction in this sailing. Is that how you check for any price reductions?

Any idea who or what the requirements are for this reduction? We are booked for the Jan. 31, 2010 sailing to Hawaii. I tried to go onto Princess' website and act like I was booking this cruise (after logging in) and there did not appear to be any reduction in this sailing. Is that how you check for any price reductions?

Yes that is how you find ut about price reductions. Just keep watching. it really also depends on how full your ship is getting. Mine is on the oct. 25th cruise and obviously it was not selling out fast enough so I also discount on that particular cruise too.

Marilyn

Yes that is how you find ut about price reductions. Just keep watching. it really also depends on how full your ship is getting. Mine is on the oct. 25th cruise and obviously it was not selling out fast enough so I also discount on that particular cruise too.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn! I'll keep watching to see if we can get any reductions on this cruise - that would make me even MORE excited about this cruise - if that's possible!

Red Hat:

I just checked the Princess website and it came back with a 2,099 for the lowest mini rate for the Dec 6, 2009 cruise. We have cruised 3 times on princess and were signed in when I got the quote. Are you a Gold memeber and that is why your price is even lower??

Rick

If you like, you can join the roll call that is going for the January 31, 2010 cruise on the Golden. There are 3 couples right now and it actually started 7 or 8 months ago.

We check the prices daily and so far we have only had one reduction of about $50 per person a couple months ago for our cabin. I hope we see a big reduction sometime as it is always nice to have a little extra spending money for the trip.

I'm really glad for you savers.:D

We're taking our family - there will be 11 of us - to Alaska at the end of May, and there have been no reductions. Guess we booked too soon.:(

Are you going out of San Francisco? We're booked on the Sea Princess 10 day roundtrip and the prices are not going down. :(:(:( We could do a B2B, 14 day Vancouver to Whittier for what we're paying for the 10 day SF. But not having to fool with the airlines is still worth it for me.

Are you going out of San Francisco? We're booked on the Sea Princess 10 day round trip and the prices are not going down. :(:(:( We could do a B2B, 14 day Vancouver to Whittier for what we're paying for the 10 day SF. But not having to fool with the airlines is still worth it for me.

It's important that we encourage the port of San Francisco. I doubt that ships will be calling there too much longer, considering both the cost of fuel, even tho' it has gone down, and the distance from Canadian and Mexican ports to put in a call to a foreign port. I'd love to sail from here to Hawaii, but don't think that will ever happen. Three of us are coming from Sonoma, four from Michigan, and four from Anchorage (sort of like coals to Newcastle, but they don't get to the Southeast very often). Nancy

Red Hat:

I just checked the Princess website and it came back with a 2,099 for the lowest mini rate for the Dec 6, 2009 cruise. We have cruised 3 times on princess and were signed in when I got the quote. Are you a Gold memeber and that is why your price is even lower??

Rick

For some reason, these promotions are not given to all past passengers. No one really knows how the selection worked. I am an Elite member but I don't think it's only geared to Elite.

Actually, I just logged in and the Dec. 6 cruise has gone up in price. The lowest price for the mini is the same as what you got, $2099. The balcony has gone up from $1449 to $1699. So evidently, the prices are on the rise again. But who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Archived