Puerto Vallarta on your own all inclusives

phatsneaks

From this thread and others I got to thinking about options in pv. So I took a closer look at Google earth in the Nuevo Vallarta area and was surprised at what I saw, The Grand Mayan Palace, a very large resort that we somehow had missed in prior trips. The Google earth of the Grand Mayan Palace makes the very nice and very large Paradice village look small.

From the Google earth shot, the Grand Mayan Palace appears as a "must visit" for us. We leave tomorrow on the Mariner, and this time we will visit the Grand Mayan Palace.

Boy, what a pool spread. Can't wait to see for ourselves.

Hey Sofi good info. We leave in 3 weeks on the Mariner too. Please don't drink all the beer on the ship. We were thinking of the Marriott for $20pp non-incl but noted Sheila's report on the iffy beach. Please post what you find at the Mayan Palace, day pass cost and what you thought of the place, thx! And thx for the pics!

Bon Voyage

-Bob

Hi, I've been e-mailing some resorts about an all-inclusive day pass (it's for my husband and his friend on a guys trip, so they want 1 day to drink since it's pretty expensive to do so on the ship).

The Golden Crown Paradise said they charge $69 per person per day, but it includes full access to any restaurants all day including supper (their ship, Carnival Splendor is in port 10am to 10pm, so that's great), unlimited drinks, and all activities and facilities. I've e-mailed back to see if that also includes access to Crown Paradise next door (as hotel guests of Golden get). Haven't heard back yet.

The Golden Crown is adults-only, so that's a plus. But I was looking for feedback if anyone knows anything about this resort? It appears that it can be walked to from the port, so that would save a cab ride, but I've asked that in my e-mail too. Just thought this was an interesting option.

Just to follow up on the previous post, I got an e-mail back from the Golden Crown Paradise. They say it is within walking distance of the port, it does include full access to the Crown Paradise (family) Resort next door as well, and you can just buy the day pass directly at the hotel the day you arrive.

From this thread and others I got to thinking about options in pv. So I took a closer look at Google earth in the Nuevo Vallarta area and was surprised at what I saw, The Grand Mayan Palace, a very large resort that we somehow had missed in prior trips. The Google earth of the Grand Mayan Palace makes the very nice and very large Paradice village look small.

From the Google earth shot, the Grand Mayan Palace appears as a "must visit" for us. We leave tomorrow on the Mariner, and this time we will visit the Grand Mayan Palace.

Boy, what a pool spread. Can't wait to see for ourselves.

nuevovallarta.jpg

GrandMayanPalace2.jpg

Would love to hear all about the Mayan Palace when you return, hope you enjoyed it.

This is the email I received from the Crown Paradise. Looks like a great place to spend the day with the kids.

Note that it is only until 6pm:

Hola, thanks for your interest, yes we do have day pass it is 69 usd per

adult, 2 child free it is from

9am - 6pm all inclusive tax included already

Thanks

Martha Ramirez Vazquez

The Dreams resort though Princess was a really nice place. Great food and lovely pool etc. The bad part was they were serving kids as young as 12 or 13 lots of alcohol. I was not happy! My dd never left my side as she was almost 16 and thought that it was ok because they were allowing it and it was another country...BET ME! LPT:mad:

We just got back last night from Dreams and I certainly never ever saw anything close to that what so ever. Legal drinking age down there is 18 years old. Dreams pride themselves on being a classy well ran upper scale resort and sorry but I just can not believe that bartenders were knowingly serving kids as young as 12 or 13 lots of alcohol :mad:

We saw children there happily being served virgin foo-foo drinks but certainly not alcoholic drinks at all.

Hopefully you said something to the parents or bartenders....certainly I would have....if indeed I saw such a thing..:rolleyes:

We were there last March. There was a teen activity guy and he was pouring shots into a girls mouth..she was about 15...There were a group of teen boys and some younger teen girls sitting at the bar. They had tons of different kinds of shots. The bartender talked to me and said he cannot do anything. Their parents did not care. I sat next to a girl about 12 and she was reading a book, and watching the other kids. She said is was disgusting what they had been doing all week. The teen next to me was 17 and he was the oldest of the group. He had a bad injury from diving off of some rocks the prior day on his back. Pool games started and girls were getting thrown across the pool. One girl was drunk and hit her head. Staff came and tended to her. There were no parents around! We are going back this month on a day pass. I will see if things are different, I hope so. DD will still not be leaving our sides! LPT:(

Wow that is so far off of what we experienced......I simply can not imagine the bartenders and servers we made friends with allowing that to happen. Or the guests watching and not saying anything. I just told dh about your posts and he also said he couldn't imagine that going on at Dreams, it truly isn't that type of resort.

I did see one very drunk??? woman and the staff were taking her to the on site doctor.

If you see a tall blonde young man walking around, he is the director of food and beverage and I would address your concerns to him. OR go up to the Chief Conceriage (his name is Gregory)

I would also make sure the my child stayed close to me, it is amazing how quickly they become part of the it.

Maybe is was just a fluke...a bunch of Spring break high school kids with clueless parents...The staff was overwhelmed. It really is a nice place! I want my husband to go with us this time. It was hard to find a beach chair, because they were all taken by the time we got there. Anyway, I am glad you enjoyed your time there and that things are different. I ordered a drink at the buffet and my daughter then 15 ordered and iced tea. He asked her if she wanted a long island iced tea. He was serious! I gave him a look and he walked away and brought a regular...All kinds of kids were coming back to the ship drunk. They do not really ask for Id at the bars etc. Parents were letting them drink if they got served....Omg! some people! Then they expect them to go back home and go to high school and not drink anymore! Ya right!:mad: LPT

Maybe is was just a fluke...a bunch of Spring break high school kids with clueless parents...The staff was overwhelmed. It really is a nice place! I want my husband to go with us this time. It was hard to find a beach chair, because they were all taken by the time we got there. Anyway, I am glad you enjoyed your time there and that things are different. I ordered a drink at the buffet and my daughter then 15 ordered and iced tea. He asked her if she wanted a long island iced tea. He was serious! I gave him a look and he walked away and brought a regular...All kinds of kids were coming back to the ship drunk. They do not really ask for Id at the bars etc. Parents were letting them drink if they got served....Omg! some people! Then they expect them to go back home and go to high school and not drink anymore! Ya right!:mad: LPT

The beach chair thing was sooo over the top!!!! I get up at 7 anbd already over half the chairs were taken with towels!!!!We saw some people reserve towels at both the pools and then the BEACH and then left the resort for part of the day!!!! Very maddening!!!!!

Each day we got up at 7, took a walk, reserved two chairs, had breakfast and then went to reserved area to stay for the day but made side trips for lunch and bathroom breaks. A few days chairs around us would sit empty for hours so when new people came by we would tell them these chairs had been sitting for hours and to take them, many others around us did the same thing.

Please know I do BELIEVE you saw what you saw, no doubt there was a bad bartender there that day...but that wasn't the norm of what we saw for a week

Our youngest is 17 and no way would I let him drink at any resort unless he was 19 (legal age in Canada) you did right by shooting bartender a look. Please if it happened again let the Food&beverage director or Resort Manager or someone in head office know about it. If you are not sure go to the front desk.

Have a great holiday :)

We sooo want to go back on the Sapphire Princess and redo the mexican rivera trip. :)

I detest chair hogs. It is one thing to put a towl or book down and grab a quick bit, or a drink. The people that hog them all day and never come really get my goat. In the cruises I have taken things to lost and found after I see the chair empty for over and hour! We love the Sapphire and the Diamond. The Golden was nice as well, but older and smaller. I will say something to management if I see a repeat at Dreams..I am braver when I have my dh with me. Thanks! LPT:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
The beaches are nicer and quieter and cleaner up in Nuevo where Paradise is but there is more action, bars and people watching in the hotel zone in PV proper. Depends what you are looking for.

The sand is brown and flecked with sparkly gold specks. I hear that snorklers aren't into the area but for a gal that is just happy to have some sand and sun....LOVE PV!

Have you heard where snorkelers did like the beach?

Jessica

We are currently booked through the ship for what appears to be the Marival Resort &Suites all-inclusive. Looking at their web site, it appears that they are more geared towards families. I don't dislike kids, but I do think I'd prefer an adults only or "couples" type all-inclusive.

Any suggestions for PV?

BTW, the ship was getting $76 for the $45 day pass, but includes transportation, so essential that meant $13 per person to not have to deal with a cab and to be guaranteed not to miss the ship sailing. I don't think that's outrageous.

Here'e the email response I have received from Dreams. We are going there on 3/18 for the day while in PV on MOS.

Thank you very much for your interest in our all inclusive day passes to our Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa.

We are delighted to offer you our special price for cruise ship passengers of $58 US dollars. Children from 2 to 12 years old pay half.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on the 11th of March in our Dreams.

• 2 weeks later...
We are currently booked through the ship for what appears to be the Marival Resort &Suites all-inclusive. Looking at their web site, it appears that they are more geared towards families. I don't dislike kids, but I do think I'd prefer an adults only or "couples" type all-inclusive.

Any suggestions for PV?

BTW, the ship was getting $76 for the $45 day pass, but includes transportation, so essential that meant $13 per person to not have to deal with a cab and to be guaranteed not to miss the ship sailing. I don't think that's outrageous.

<shameless bump>

Any recommendations for an AI in PV that caters to adults?

• 3 weeks later...

Any suggestions for PV?

We stayed there with our kids a few years back, its huge but there will be a million kids...its a great deal....but a million kids...but the beach is great and the restaurants are decent....I am thinking of going during our day in PV for the Apr 3 cruise

AI in PV that caters to adults?

Seems seasonal sensitive to us. When kids are out of school, their folks take them on vacation (or the parents pay for them to go, in the case of young adults). If you are going Fall/Winter, more adults. If you are going Spring/Summer, more kids.

Would also seem to reason, the more expensive the resort, the less kids

• 2 years later...

This is an old thread, but since I got good information here I thought I'd update with current pricing:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melia:

Greetings from Meliá Puerto Vallarta!

The price for day passes are $70.00 USD per person.

Children 4 and under are free.

Best regards,

Francys Moreno Olea

Auxiliar de Reservaciones

MELIA PUERTO VALLARTA

reservas3@meliapvr.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paradise Village:

it is 89 usd per person per adult, for children it is 45 usd per kid.

(I had explained that our kids were 3, so that's all I know about "kid")

it is about 30 min distance. The taxi would be around 200 pesos

Concierge Hotel <Concierge@paradisevillagegroup.com>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krystal:

reservacionespuertovallarta@krystal-hotels.com

The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

I then sent email to the corporate email address, but no response so far (2 business days)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crown Paradise:

Thanks so much for contacting us

We are pleased to inform you the special price for cruise members is 35 usd per adult children under 6-12years old it is 18 usd per each

It is from 9am-5pm

It is all inclusive, all meals, drinks and activities.

To purchase directly at the front desk upon arrival

For further information please do not hesitate to contact us

Saludos

T. (322) 226 6832 | F. (322) 226 6856 | E. resercrownpv@crownparadise.com

http://www.crownparadise.com

I assume this means that 6-12=18USD, and under 6 is free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marival:

Dear Mike,

Greetings from Marival Resort & Suites,

The day pass for that day it will be of $450.00 pesos per adult, the rate for each kid I still do not have it, but until I know is the half price of an adult.

About the taxi rate, it is of $200.00 pesos.

Looking forward to your replay.

Concierge <concierge@marival.com.mx>

My favorite response... I guess you print the email and they'll give you that price for kids. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're going to stay closer to the ship with 2 small kids, so most likely Krystal, but I thought this info might be useful to others who are going soon.

I got further clarification from Crown Paradise, plus some additional answers.

Black text is mine, red it hers.

If I could just clarify:

$35 USD per adult (age 12 and up) yes

$18 USD for children (age 6 to 12) yes

Does that mean children under 6 are free? For each adult paying it is one child under 0-5yrs old free.

Also: looking at a map it appears that you are right next to the cruise terminal. Is that correct?

Yes we are, you can reach to us walking it is aprox 3 blocks.

If so, does your price include the ability to re-enter? We have the 2 small children, so it would be great if we could take them back to the ship for a nap and then come back to your resort.

Yes it is possible just tell at the front desk please.

Alternately: do you rent rooms for the day? If so how much would it be to rent a room, including entry/food/drive for the 4 of us for a day? The rate it is 78 usd per person per night children under 6-12yrs old it is 27 usd per night. All inclusive .

Note that the Crown Paradise is a fraction of the size of Krystal (based on the satellite view) so that might sway a decision.

• 2 weeks later...
This is an old thread, but since I got good information here I thought I'd update with current pricing:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melia:

Greetings from Meliá Puerto Vallarta!

The price for day passes are $70.00 USD per person.

Children 4 and under are free.

Best regards,

Francys Moreno Olea

Auxiliar de Reservaciones

MELIA PUERTO VALLARTA

reservas3@meliapvr.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paradise Village:

it is 89 usd per person per adult, for children it is 45 usd per kid.

(I had explained that our kids were 3, so that's all I know about "kid")

it is about 30 min distance. The taxi would be around 200 pesos

Concierge Hotel <Concierge@paradisevillagegroup.com>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krystal:

reservacionespuertovallarta@krystal-hotels.com

The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

I then sent email to the corporate email address, but no response so far (2 business days)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crown Paradise:

Thanks so much for contacting us

We are pleased to inform you the special price for cruise members is 35 usd per adult children under 6-12years old it is 18 usd per each

It is from 9am-5pm

It is all inclusive, all meals, drinks and activities.

To purchase directly at the front desk upon arrival

For further information please do not hesitate to contact us

Saludos

T. (322) 226 6832 | F. (322) 226 6856 | E. resercrownpv@crownparadise.com

www.crownparadise.com

I assume this means that 6-12=18USD, and under 6 is free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marival:

Dear Mike,

Greetings from Marival Resort & Suites,

The day pass for that day it will be of $450.00 pesos per adult, the rate for each kid I still do not have it, but until I know is the half price of an adult.

About the taxi rate, it is of $200.00 pesos.

Looking forward to your replay.

Concierge <concierge@marival.com.mx>

My favorite response... I guess you print the email and they'll give you that price for kids. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're going to stay closer to the ship with 2 small kids, so most likely Krystal, but I thought this info might be useful to others who are going soon.

Thank you very much for posting this information. We are going to be on the Splendor in a couple of weeks and will possibly be visiting the crown paradise going off of your information and online reviews. I appreciate you taking the time to share what you found. I'm hoping All-inclusive means Alcohol as well :D, which is what all - inclusive typically means, but I will call and find out tomorrow.

Archived