Puerto Vallarta on your own all inclusives

phatsneaks

We were in Puerto Vallarta in Oct 07 and did a Princess excursion to the Dreams resort. We passed a few along the way to it. I don't remember anyone talking about all inclusives on their own, but I know there are several. Dreams is about a 45 minute drive along a Mexican "highway" from the pier. Do a search and you can ask them if they do private parties vs. ship's excursions.

we ave visited many hotels in pv on day visits from cruise ships. The most luxurious we have seen are the Westin, and the Paradise village (in Nueva Vallarta, worth the farther drive around the airport from the cruise terminal). We have heard that the Westin offers all inclusvie day use. You should be able to Google and easily contact either and ask about their current all inclusive day use policy (and be sure to let us all know what they say).

westin

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

Paradise Village in Nueva Vallarta

CIMG2362.jpg

CIMG2375.jpg

pv5.jpg

I emailed the Westin Puerto Vallarta last week to ask about their day pass and haven't heard back yet. If I ever hear I will post here and let everyone know what they say.

We went to Puerto Vallarata several years ago on a cruise and went to the Krystal it was great, but sounds like it has gone down hill since then. Hopefully the Westin will get back to me.

I emailed the Westin Puerto Vallarta last week to ask about their day pass and haven't heard back yet. If I ever hear I will post here and let everyone know what they say.

We went to Puerto Vallarata several years ago on a cruise and went to the Krystal it was great, but sounds like it has gone down hill since then. Hopefully the Westin will get back to me.

PJ, we went to the Krystal a few years ago too and it was fine but we're looking for something different. We don't want an all-incl, usually those are over $50pp and we can't drink and eat that much in a few hours, so it's better if we pay as we go. The resorts on the other side of the marina from the ship look great, Weston, Mayan, Melia, and Marriott. We got a reply from the Marriott that day passes were $20pp. The Mayan Palace does not appear to have a beach area, just a pool, the others all have a beach.

-Bob

Hi, I know several people are looking for an all-inclusive day pass for PV. I read from another post that someone contacted RCCL excursion desk and found out that they use the Marival Resort and Spa for their Resort Day Excursion--$78 Adults, $60 kids. Assuming that is true, here's what I was told by Marival for bookings directly with them:

Buenas días Sr. Branch.

Greetings from Marival Resort & Suites!!!

We thank you for your email and are pleased to let you know that we offer the following all inclusive passes, the prices are per person and children up to 12 years have a 50% discount.

Day pass: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or 6:00 pm to 12:00 am for 45 usd.

Full day pass: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm for 75 usd.

Breakfast pass: 7:00 am to 11:30 am for 20 usd.

Lunch pass: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm for 25 usd.

Dinner pass: 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm for 30 usd.

Our drinks pass for three hours costs 25 usd. Children (up to 12 years) have a 50% discount.

As we are an all inclusive hotel you can not pay separately for any meal or drink, you must get a pass.

Please If you have any question do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day..

Luis L. León

Concierge

Marival Resort &Suites

Phone: ++ 52 (322) 226-8200 Ext. 4465 or 4460

Direct phone: ++52 (322) 2269602

Fax: ++ 52 (322) 29-70262

E-Mail: concierge@marival.com.mx

Visit us at: www.gomarival.com

Hope this helps anyone looking into this as we are for our RCCL cruise on Mariner April 12,09.

WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS FROM PAST PV, CABO, MAZATLAN CRUISERS FOR ALL AND ANY ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORTS THAT YOU FEEL ARE WORTH GOING TO FOR ADULTS AND KIDS. WE REALLY WANT TO FIND A RESORT WITH AN AWESOME POOL, SWIM UP BAR, & MOST IMPORTANTLY A SLIDE IN THE POOL. LOOKS LIKE BOBNSOFI FOUND THAT AT PARADISE VILLAGE IN NUEVA VALLARTA--WE ARE WAITING ON A RESPONSE EMAIL FROM THEIR CONCIERGE FOR DAY PASS INFO.

their response is a bit confusing as to the times for day pass & full day pass- are you reading it to say it is $45 US for the daytime pass per adult?

If so, that is much less than the cruise charge

How much would transp by taxi be to & from that resort? How far is it from the port?

If it is that much less expensive on our own we'd do that--

Is this a nice resort?

Thanks--this will be our first Mex Riv cruise..

Day pass: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or 6:00 pm to 12:00 am for 45 usd.

Full day pass: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm for 75 usd.

Breakfast pass: 7:00 am to 11:30 am for 20 usd.

Lunch pass: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm for 25 usd.

Dinner pass: 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm for 30 usd.

Our drinks pass for three hours costs 25 usd. Children (up to 12 years) have a 50% discount.

I don't read it as confusing at all....

Full day and night pass from 10 Am to 12 Midnight is 75 usd

10am to 6 pm 8hours is 45 usd excellent deal btw

6 - midnight is 45 usd for 6 hours, at first glance does not seem like such a great deal BUT you get dinner in this and Marival has fvery good (for an AI) night time restaurants.

I would say a taxi from ship to Marival would be about 20 usd each way and would take roughly 25 mins maybe a few minutes more depending on traffic.

This is a noce resort we have stayed here twice and plan on going back :)

paradise village is a VERY LARGE resort. We are usually able to walk right in to most all resorts, but we were stopped (no wrist band). We would usually just leave, but it was so nice an area ambiance, that we wanted to see the resort. It worked out great. We had a short time share pitch and then a great private walking tour including a visit to one of their premier rooms. They then turned us loose in the resort. We could have used the pool, but we ordered and expensive drink and chips and then left. We never stay long anywhere, as there is always more to see. Here are a few more pics of paradise village. The westin is also very nice, and it is much closer. We make a habit of briefly touring the resorts, and most in mexico are not so nice. The Westin and Paradise are nice!

CIMG2364.jpg

CIMG2372.jpg

CIMG2369.jpg

Hi everybody:

Here is the email I finally received back from the Westin:

"Thanks for contacting us!

We do offer day passes, the cost is $40 usd per person per day and includes $30 usd credit in our Arrecifes restaurant.

Any other question do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards! "

It sounds good, I just don't know about the Arrecifes restaurant. The website says its seafood/steaks beachfront from noon to midnight. I much rather have a credit to use for poolside service, but would love any feedback from anyone who has been to this resort.

thanks

Pam

Just thought I would let you all know that I also have heard back from the Melia Puerto Vallarta and they offer a day pass that is all inclusive $60 for adults $15 for children. It includes everything they have. Has anyone been to this resort?

thanks

Pam

Thanks. That's the address I used too, I'll try again.

Also, does anyone know if the only way to get to the Westin or Marriott is via taxi? We will be traveling with two kids and DH is scared of a taxi without a car seat for our DS. It looks too far to walk so I was hoping there was a water taxi or something.

The only way I have heard of getting there is by taxi. I have 2 kids and have travelled all over the place with them. It is scary because when you are in Mexico and the Carribean, I have yet to find a way to use a car seat. Lots of time no seat belts in taxis. You can try to take a car seat and see. I have just always put them in the back seat wedged between us and hoped for the best. It is a very short taxi ride to either the Westin or the Melia. You might want to look at the Melia because they look to have lots of kids activities and the people there were a lot more responsive than the Westin. Also their price included food, drink activities, everything. With 2 adults and 2 children teh Melia would actually be $10 less than the Westin.

good luck to you with the taxi siutation

Thanks for the great info! I'm not that worried about taking the boys in a taxi but DH is and that's strange because I'm the usually the worry wart. I'll make sure to show him your post and hopefully he'll be okay with it.

The Melia is beautiful and is actually ranked #11 on tripadvisor so it's definitely on our list of properties to check out. There are so many beautiful resorts it's hard to narrow it down to just one. I guess we'll go with the one that will be easiest to get to with the kiddos. You mentioned kids activities at the Melia, I wasn't sure if they would be able to do those or not. The Flintstones land looks like a lot of fun! Do you know for certain if they can use it?

One other resort we are looking into in the same area is the Marriot and it's ranked #6 on tripadvisor. Do you know anything about it? Supposedly it's 20.00 pp. Decisions, decisions...

Here is the e-mail I got from the Melia:

"Dear Pam,

Gladly we confirm your request for day pass as follow:

Adults: $60 usd per person per day

Children: $15 usd per child per day (chidlren from 5 to 12 years old)

Children from 0 to 4 years old are free

If you buy the day pass, you can be able to enjoy the bech, pool, kids club, meels, drinks and everything of our All Inclusive Plan. And you don´t need to reserve, when you arrive at the hotel just go to front desk and ask for the day pass.

Best Regards!"

In another email from them they told me a cab ride would cost about $6 that we need to go out of the cruise terminal and get an outside taxi as the ones in the terminal are too expensive.

Hope this helps. Don't know about the Marriott. I was going to email them, but heard from the Melia and it looks like a nice property. Hope this helps.

Pam

Here is the email I received from Concierge at Paradise Village:

This is the concierge desk. We have our day pass that is $25usd per person plus taxes. And you open an account at the front desk and you will get your towel cards and you can have any meal at our restaurants.

Please if you have more questions please let us know!

DANIELA PIÑONES

CONCIERGE

Paradise Village Group

Tel : [322] 226.6770

Fax : [322] 226.6752

Email : concierge@paradisevillagegroup.com

And and FYI for anyone interested in the Melia Puerto Vallarta, children 0 to 4 years are free at their resort.

FYI, so check to see reviews of beach area of all of the hotels. For instance, we stayed at the Marriott, which is a lovely hotel, but hated the beach...dirty looking water (not blue or green) and coarse sand with lots of people selling stuff. Pool area is nice. The nicest beaches are in Nuevo Vallerta (sp?) The Westin is near the Marriott but I haven't seen their beach

The beaches are nicer and quieter and cleaner up in Nuevo where Paradise is but there is more action, bars and people watching in the hotel zone in PV proper. Depends what you are looking for.

The sand is brown and flecked with sparkly gold specks. I hear that snorklers aren't into the area but for a gal that is just happy to have some sand and sun....LOVE PV!

From this thread and others I got to thinking about options in pv. So I took a closer look at Google earth in the Nuevo Vallarta area and was surprised at what I saw, The Grand Mayan Palace, a very large resort that we somehow had missed in prior trips. The Google earth of the Grand Mayan Palace makes the very nice and very large Paradice village look small.

From the Google earth shot, the Grand Mayan Palace appears as a "must visit" for us. We leave tomorrow on the Mariner, and this time we will visit the Grand Mayan Palace.

Boy, what a pool spread. Can't wait to see for ourselves.

nuevovallarta.jpg

GrandMayanPalace2.jpg

The Dreams resort though Princess was a really nice place. Great food and lovely pool etc. The bad part was they were serving kids as young as 12 or 13 lots of alcohol. I was not happy! My dd never left my side as she was almost 16 and thought that it was ok because they were allowing it and it was another country...BET ME! LPT:mad:

Archived