Can I check a bag for the duration of the cruise?

cocobam

Let's say I do some shopping in my departure port before embarkation, and I won't need the things I bought during the cruise. Can I check a bag with the cruise ship so I don't need to keep it in my room? If so, is there a fee, and how do I get it back at the end?

Let's say I do some shopping in my departure port before embarkation, and I won't need the things I bought during the cruise. Can I check a bag with the cruise ship so I don't need to keep it in my room? If so, is there a fee, and how do I get it back at the end?

What you you buying that would not fit in your cabin?

Put the stuff in your empty suitcase ...out of sight if that is your worry

If it is alcohol that you are buying, have no fear. They will take it upon embarkation and "store" it for you until the evening before debarkation. They will be waiting for you.

Fran

Have the store where you shop ship your purchases home. We sometimes do that.

If DH buys some clothes etc, the store sends it to his office and it is waiting when we come home.

There's really no place for them to store it, and they don't want the liability if it should get lost or stolen.

They've got some room somewhere.;)

I was in an art gallery in Bermuda and as I was walking in, 2 ladies were on their way out with a rather LARGE painting all wrapped up in brown paper. It took both of them to carry it...was probably 4'x6'. The sales person told me they were taking it back to the ship and the lady had bought one just as big the day before.:eek:

Archived