11am Flight From YVR?

GMoney

Great. I will change my flgiht to 11:00 am. Im hoping that I wont need to be at YVR so early as I will do customs in Toronto.

You think that will work?

Thanks

You should be ok with that but I would be inclined to recommend something more noonish just in case of a hicup somewhere on route. I just hate to end a relaxing cruise with a huge stressful rush to the airport .:)

Great. I will change my flgiht to 11:00 am. Im hoping that I wont need to be at YVR so early as I will do customs in Toronto.

You think that will work?

Thanks

It isn't just the customs line that is extensive, the security line can be an hour++ long, can also run into big lines at the ticket counter checking bags.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - to confirm American Airlines is a participating airline in US Direct. IF you use the program you will have no trouble getting to the aiport in time.

If you are travelling via a Canadian city you are not eligible to use the program as you will be entering Canada and therefore can not go through the simplified customs procedures.

Is there an equivalent service that takes you from the cruise ship to the Seattle airport. We are on a cruise from Seward to Vancouver on Celebrity. Appears there are better flight options to return to NC from Seattle than Vancouver.

Is there an equivalent service that takes you from the cruise ship to the Seattle airport. We are on a cruise from Seward to Vancouver on Celebrity. Appears there are better flight options to return to NC from Seattle than Vancouver.

There are bus transfers available, both cruise contracted and independent. Also one way rental cars. I don't recommend any flights leaving the same day before 4pm.

Just to say that I'm cruising with Regent, have cruised with them a number of times and have never heard of anyone missing a plane. Their air department books flights out of Vancouver not before 11:00 A.M. on day of disembarkation. This time conflicts with much of the info on this post, but I think I'd be confident in their arrangements (since I've never heard of trouble).

Good luck to all!

I find, most of the time, people put a LOT of faith in TA's, when most don't know anything beyond what is read and on paper. No flames please, but it is frequently seen over and over, with TA's giving the wrong advice.

The Carnival website has recommended times for flights leaving each port. For Vancouver - YVR, it says 11:30am or later.

Just to say that I'm cruising with Regent, have cruised with them a number of times and have never heard of anyone missing a plane. Their air department books flights out of Vancouver not before 11:00 A.M. on day of disembarkation. This time conflicts with much of the info on this post, but I think I'd be confident in their arrangements (since I've never heard of trouble).

Good luck to all!

Good luck to all!

Have you sailed out of Vancouver??? No one here is "making up" these significant delays that can happen at this airport. I have personally been 2 1/2 hours in lines. IF you encounter that YOUR departure day, without US Direct, you won't be making any 11am flight.

Have you sailed out of Vancouver??? No one here is "making up" these significant delays that can happen at this airport. I have personally been 2 1/2 hours in lines. IF you encounter that YOUR departure day, without US Direct, you won't be making any 11am flight.

What time of day do the lines normally start building up? It can be the same way in San Juan Puerto Rico unless you are the first to arrive. I also have a 11:00 am flight out of Vancouver that I'm hoping to make. Last year in Vancouver we did the self disembark off Radiance, caught the first cab out of the terminal and were sitting at the gate by 9:00 am. I can see how any hiccup though would throw us off though. I'm afraid that experience might have made us overconfident. There's nothing we can do now though!

Can I make an 11am post-cruise flight from YVR if I self-debark?

i havent read threw the replies but my opinion is no. debarking might get held up by something unforseen. what about heavy travic or road construction on the way to the airport. how many ships will be getting into the vancouver that day and having thousands of passengers making a mad dash to the airport. yvr is not an easy airport to get threw with all the security and check points. if you can get a later flight i would book it instead. better to set at the airport for a couple of hours than missing your return flight for home.

? It can be the same way in San Juan Puerto Rico unless you are the first to arrive.

But in San Juan you don't have to go through US immigration in addition to checking in and going through security - one more time consuming step in Vancouver, one more chance to miss a flight. And in San Juan you shouldn't book a flight before noon either. Yes, there is always a possibility of making an earlier flight - but the earlier you go, the less probability you'll actually make it.

But in San Juan you don't have to go through US immigration in addition to checking in and going through security - one more time consuming step in Vancouver, one more chance to miss a flight. And in San Juan you shouldn't book a flight before noon either. Yes, there is always a possibility of making an earlier flight - but the earlier you go, the less probability you'll actually make it.

You're absolutely right about u.s. immigration not being an issue in San Juan. I don't remember doing this step in Vancouver. Is it at the port or the airport?

You're absolutely right about u.s. immigration not being an issue in San Juan. I don't remember doing this step in Vancouver. Is it at the port or the airport?

You go through US immigration at YVR before boarding flights to the US.

If your cruise begins in Vancouver, you will go through US immigration at the pier before boarding your ship.

If you go through US immigration in YVR, do you have to go through it again once you land in the US for a connecting flight? I would assume not, but just wanted to check.

Also, is it standard for ALL US flights out of YVR to have immigration in YVR, rather than in the US?

If you go through US immigration in YVR, do you have to go through it again once you land in the US for a connecting flight? I would assume not, but just wanted to check.

Also, is it standard for ALL US flights out of YVR to have immigration in YVR, rather than in the US?

If you are flying to the US from Vancouver, you will go through US Customs & Immigration in the Vancouver airport and then you won't go through them once you arrive at your first US destination. This applies to all flights going to the US

You only go through US immigration at YVR. When you connect in the US its considered a domestic to domestic connection.

Yes, all US bound flights from YVR do US immigration at YVR. Same with several other Canadian airports and a few other places (Dublin Ireland for example).

We have a 1:20pm flight out of YVR. Do you think we will be ok? ....Also we were going to use the airshuttle bus to the airport. Will that be a problem.Thanks

Hi,

Our flight out of Vancouver has been cancelled. I just talked to RCI's C&A and was told using US Direct the earliest flight to book would be 11AM. So I'm hoping a 12:30PM flight will be no problem.

With a 1:20 flight you could almost walk to YVR and make it;)...you wont have a problem in the world what ever mode of transportation you decide on. Here is a link for the YVR Airporter shuttle:

http://www.yvrairporter.com/

Thank you for the information. Yes, that is the shuttle bus we planned to use as it was the less expensive way to and from the Canada Place peir from the airport that I could find. So you don't think we will need to do the early self embark? I would rather not if we don't have to. Also on their website it says pick up is at waterfront hotel across from Canada Place peir. Is that the name of a particular hotel as I could not find that hotel name on their schedule.

Thanks again for all your help. Very much appreciated.

Thank you for the information. Yes, that is the shuttle bus we planned to use as it was the less expensive way to and from the Canada Place peir from the airport that I could find. So you don't think we will need to do the early self embark? I would rather not if we don't have to. Also on their website it says pick up is at waterfront hotel across from Canada Place peir. Is that the name of a particular hotel as I could not find that hotel name on their schedule.

Thanks again for all your help. Very much appreciated.

The hotel that the Airporter departs from is Fairmont's Waterfront Hotel which is directly across the street from Canada Place and the Pan Pacific. YVR is about 30/35 mins from Canada Place but allow an hour by the Airporter to be safe. You need to be at YVR a min of 2 hrs pre flight time to clear US customs and security. Even if you were off the ship at 10:00 am which would be late, you still would be able to make it just fine.

The hotel that the Airporter departs from is Fairmont's Waterfront Hotel which is directly across the street from Canada Place and the Pan Pacific. YVR is about 30/35 mins from Canada Place but allow an hour by the Airporter to be safe. You need to be at YVR a min of 2 hrs pre flight time to clear US customs and security. Even if you were off the ship at 10:00 am which would be late, you still would be able to make it just fine.

Thank you again. I don't know how we were ever able to cruise before we discovered all the nice folks here on cc with such great information.

Archived