Norwegian EPIC'S profile revealed

[g]cruiserke

OT: Apparently some of the "Haters" couldn't wait to get over here to share their critical review of Epic's features... Seems their true motive is to use this thread to assert their real NCL objections, like nickel and dime(ing), MDR food, towel deposits, entertainment, jabs at Colin.

I especially like the "NCL groupies" reference. Nice touch. :rolleyes:

All those that are surprised, please raise your hand.

CG

That's freakin' funny.

I was hoping you'd vote for Western.. We'll let that simmer too.

OT: Apparently some of the "Haters" couldn't wait to get over here to share their critical review of Epic's features... Seems their true motive is to use this thread to assert their real NCL objections, like nickel and dime(ing), MDR food, towel deposits, entertainment, jabs at Colin.

I especially like the "NCL groupies" reference. Nice touch. :rolleyes:

LOL. I don't mind being a groupie and they can jab all they want, we'll be sailing in paradise! You may be on to something with the "true motive" because I don't understand why the look of the ship brings out so much passion. :confused:

We have lots of time to simmer, my only request would be that it be a winter cruise. This year I am cruising to Bermuda in June and my only regret is that I am not escaping the snow.

LOL. I don't mind being a groupie and they can jab all they want, we'll be sailing in paradise! You may be on to something with the "true motive" because I don't understand why the look of the ship brings out so much passion. :confused:

We have lots of time to simmer, my only request would be that it be a winter cruise. This year I am cruising to Bermuda in June and my only regret is that I am not escaping the snow.

I'm down with winter.

Funny how people's opinion differ. I LOVE the hull art on NCL's ships. Absolutely love it.

CG

I agree about hull art. I love it. My favorite is the NCL Dawn. Dolphins on one side, Statue of Liberty on the other and from the front the ship looks like she is smiling.

I agree about hull art. I love it. My favorite is the NCL Dawn. Dolphins on one side, Statue of Liberty on the other and from the front the ship looks like she is smiling.

They need to make this ship smile!:D (and in a pleasing inviting way I might add)

Any guesses as to how the ship would have looked had the design changes not been mandated? Better? Worse? :confused: My guess would be "better" because it is difficult to imagine how it could look any worse.:D

Also wonder what the NCL execs think about the response to this latest revelation about the ship.

The Dawn will always be our favorite ship. The Epic looks like a giant container ship. The only way I would sail it would be round trip out of New York to a good destination. In the interim, I'll keep sailing the Dawn to Bermuda every fall- the ultimate cruise experience.

I still really like the design ... and, Yes, the hull art work is coming down the road ...

In design, Form always follows Function. It seems to me the designers were given a mandate to make some great spaces for the CV and GV guests. I can't wait to see that area!

Hopefully, we'll all be pleasantly surprised when we see her in person. She looks good to me ... :D

They need to make this ship smile!:D (and in a pleasing inviting way I might add)

All the NCL ships have that smile. :)

And, I'd like to go on record as loving the hull art work. To me it's classy. Now, I think the AIDA (German cruiseline) ship's hull art work is UGLY ... but, I've never been a fan of Picasso either .... :o

~dianne

The portion referred to as "Donald Trump's hair" looks to be functional, as in, additional Garden Villas!? Or more Courtyard space? That's good news!

The rest is just unique and different. I like that--who wants to cruise on a ship that looks just like all the others?

It would be neat if all the lines had more distinctive exterior features.

Open your mind! Change can be good! (Repeat twice and look at the pix again:p)

(Repeat twice and look at the pix again:p)

I did---didn't help ;)

But then, exterior appearance of the ship doesn't do anything for me on any ship--so long as I'm sailing in the interior :D

I wonder if it's first public appearance will be on Letterman "will it float?"

OR on the segment " Is this something?":confused:

LOL!!

I'm betting many people would like to see what would happen if it were dropped from a tall building. :D

With all the hype that has surrounded this ship, I was expecting something awesomely beautiful. Instead, I see something awsomely BLEEEEEEHH!!

Who designed this ship? It looks like it had to stop suddenly and everything slid violently forward. The hull art should be police crime tape....:eek:

LOL!!! Awesome Post!

Police crime tape, huh? CSI: NCL?

I have admittedly not been a huge fan of the aesthetic qualities of NCL's ships, but this one takes the cake.

is the announcement of new shots, which are artist's rendering of the complete ship, with the same shots of rooms & bars, pool, etc. No big deal to me but maybe they are adding stuff this week. So keep looking at http://epic.ncl.com

NCL can add whatever they want to this ship but it is still butt ugly and what I have seen of the interior isn't much better. I still do not know what Colin was thinking when he approved this thing. It will be a head turner when arriving in port but not for a good reason. I can only imagine what it will look like with the hull art.

It makes one wonder that NCL can build something so square and boxy yet Royal Caribbean is building something even larger and it still resembles a ship with curves and a nice profile.

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com

It will have only balcony outside staterooms ... no true Oceanviews ... except for crew. The large windows we are seeing must be dining rooms' date=' etc.[/font']

Actually ... I think it's a nice looking ship. But, I think I'm in the minority here, eh? :cool:

Matt, I am so glad I am not the only one that is crazy. I just don't see why so many think she is ugly, huge, yes, a little strange? yes, but like most of the the contempory ships she is just different. I am excited to see her for real. I didn't think we would ever want to cruise a ship that size, I still am not sure she will attract the older crowd (I an not sure NCL wants to) but I can assure you, we will cruise the Epic..

Nita

Archived