Norwegian EPIC'S profile revealed

[g]cruiserke

... with the Epic you're designed a ship that makes the redo of the Carnival Sensation, which had batches of balconies added to her sides that appear to be tumors, look pretty in comparison! OMG someone had to try HARD to make a ship look that bad!

So while we're onboard, tripping over animal print chairs on the crushed velvet carpets in the lounges we paid to get into, bumping into other passengers because the ship has less tons/passenger of any in it's class, heading over to our cabins with round beds and no privacy in the shower, we can rest assured that passengers on nearby ships are pointing at us laughing and saying how they would never cruise on anything that ugly!

Lord, who works over there?

too funny

lmao@ the other pax on the other lines waving, pointing, laughing as she sails by...like kids on a playground making fun of the not so popular kids

I bet she will look much better once we see the final product.

I will want to ride her at least once:o I think she looks really interesting

• Administrators
I actually agree with the majority of NCL posters in this thread.

That ship is OOGALEE. Just plain ugly.

On the other hand (and I should have said this above in my "toaster" post), I surely will sail her. An NCL offering from Florida during the summer is worth a shot! A great thinker once said "all cats are grey in the dark" - and it's likewise true that one doesn't have to look at the outside of a cruise ship once one is on it! :)

... with the Epic you're designed a ship that makes the redo of the Carnival Sensation, which had batches of balconies added to her sides that appear to be tumors, look pretty in comparison! OMG someone had to try HARD to make a ship look that bad!

So while we're onboard, tripping over animal print chairs on the crushed velvet carpets in the lounges we paid to get into, bumping into other passengers because the ship has less tons/passenger of any in it's class, heading over to our cabins with round beds and no privacy in the shower, we can rest assured that passengers on nearby ships are pointing at us laughing and saying how they would never cruise on anything that ugly!

Lord, who works over there?

LOLLLLL!!!!! :D:D:D You got that right- all of it. I am embarrassed to sail into a port wearing HULL ART- thankfully, out of four NCL sailings it's only been twice- but this???? Wait- is there any way to get off the ship without anyone else in port knowing where you came from? Is there some sort of "back entrance" onto the pier? Can I wear a burka until I'm safely away from IT?

I was hoping the leaked design that has been posted here previously from Meyer Werft was a fake. Unfortunately, it was real... No doubt, the ugliest newbuild maybe ever. The addition of upper decks on older ships don't even come close to this embarrassing design.

Just heard that the hull art will be announced at a later date. Any guesses?

Moses parting the Red Sea?

I know they didn't like the first draft and sent it back but I don't know what was.

Sandy

Wow this ship is butt ugly :eek:. Basically as bad as marine architecture can get. It seems like the section on top is an architectural after thought. If you take it off, the ship has the basic modern cruise ship profile. Norwegian should look at Royal Caribbean or Celebrity for ship designs (though they are not spectacular either).

WARNING LABEL REQUIRED

"This is a multipurpose passenger ship which will handle and maneuver differently from an ordinary passenger ship, in crusing conditions which may occur on oceans,and inlets and off shore, As with other vehicles of this type, if you make sharp turns or abrupt maneuvers, the ship may roll over or may go out of control and crash. You should read cruising guidelines and instructions in the Owner's Manual, and wear your seat belt at all times."

Sandy

WARNING LABEL REQUIRED

"This is a multipurpose passenger ship which will handle and maneuver differently from an ordinary passenger ship, in crusing conditions which may occur on oceans,and inlets and off shore, As with other vehicles of this type, if you make sharp turns or abrupt maneuvers, the ship may roll over or may go out of control and crash. You should read cruising guidelines and instructions in the Owner's Manual, and wear your seat belt at all times."

Sandy

LMAO, Sandy!! :D

I thought this ship would have only balcony staterooms as the outside rooms...? I see some window oceanview rooms...?

It will have only balcony outside staterooms ... no true Oceanviews ... except for crew. The large windows we are seeing must be dining rooms, etc.

Actually ... I think it's a nice looking ship. But, I think I'm in the minority here, eh? :cool:

It will have only balcony outside staterooms ... no true Oceanviews ... except for crew. The large windows we are seeing must be dining rooms' date=' etc.[/font']

Actually ... I think it's a nice looking ship. But, I think I'm in the minority here, eh? :cool:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:)

I think they were trying to make the ship look like the competition, but got lost.

The sharp flat back of the ship is almost exactly like the newer Princess ships.

The side of the ships balconys are very much like Holland Americas and the Celebrity Solstice's wavy sides. And Im very close to thinking that the enormous extra levels on the front are going to be loft suites or something equvilant, like the popular Loft Suites on the Oasis.

These are just my ideas, but I think they new what they were going for, but kind of just messed up getting there.

LOLLLLL!!!!! I am embarrassed to sail into a port wearing HULL ART- thankfully, out of four NCL sailings it's only been twice- but this????

Funny how people's opinion differ. I LOVE the hull art on NCL's ships. Absolutely love it.

CG

Archived