Orient Beach -- families concerned about nudity beware

THE BEACHCHICK RULES!!!

I just love it when the "sweetheart of toplessness" speaks her mind in a fashion that can easily and clearly be understood.

After spending 3 weeks at Orient, I worshipped at the alter of womankind. It's such an interesting day when you can sit and have a lengthy conversation with a new lady aquantaince sitting next to me on a beach lounge with her wearing only a string bikini bottom. It's a real challenge to maintain constant eye contact and still carry on a thoughtful conversation. And my wife complimented me in never uttering a word about me telling the lady "I like your outfit"!

And I didn't even mind that she had been to the body shop for some "enhancements".

Now thats what I'm talking about LOL!

Basic rule when at Orient - always wear large dark wrap around sunglasses :D

Anyways, last time we were at Orient, we were in line at the Perch for our half price specials at 12:30 discussing with 4 other couples the activities of our grown and almost grown adult children (jobs, spouses if any, kids). Except for sunglasses and a couple of baseball caps worn by us follicle-challenged guys, nobody had anything on. I thought to myself, "Only at Orient".

<edit> two of the women had been to the body shop for customization, which DW pointed out when we were back at the loungers with our libations. Boob Jobs Rule :)<edit>

Basic rule when at Orient - always wear large dark wrap around sunglasses :D

....Boob Jobs Rule :)<edit>

I dearly miss my old Serengeti Mirrored Drivers. Now my lenses are a graded dark to light where the eyeballs can be observed.

With regard to the issue of "Rule" I have images of two case studies where the rule is trashed. There must have been a big discount on tupperware! :eek: and dangling metal ornaments. There were also some issues regarding Strabismus. ;)

• 8 months later...
I am also traveling to St. Marteen with my 2 young daughters so I share your concerns. Because of this we booked with a company called Aquamania at the Pelican resort marina in Simpson Bay. They offer a "kids lagoon cruise" and a "playstation" which is a playground (trampoline,slides,etc.) that is anchored in about 8 feet of water.They do have life jackets the kids can wear, I checked on that b/c my youngest is also 4. Based on the pictures I have seen, it appears to be off a very small beach area so I'm not expecting to see many sunbathers, topless or otherwise. (If anyone knows differently please respond.) I, like you, don't wish to stay on the ship (and we live next door to Disney:rolleyes:) so this looks like a fun option for our kids. If you want to check them out go to http://www.stmaarten-activities.com . I'll post a review of them when we returrn in April.

How was Aquamania?

don't go. Most go to see what it's all about and expect to see nude people. There are lots of other beaches on the island. As for pervy people, what about all the kids who take pictures of themselves and email to friends? Sexual repression in America creates the problem not surpresses it. When you try to legislate or preach morality you only make immorality more intrieging. I've been to St. Martin about 10 times and after the first visit, I no longer waste time going to Orient. There are better things to do and see on the island. For example, a bowl of fish soup in Marigot or buying DF liquor in P'burg.

..>>SNIP<<...There are better things to do and see on the island. For example, a bowl of fish soup in Marigot or buying DF liquor in P'burg.

How about really good food at Andy and Cheryl's Baywatch on Orient. That way you get a great meal at a reasonable price, get to watch the parade 100 feet away, and the money goes back to NJ, where they come from.

What does DF stand for? I thought I knew all the CC abbreviations.

The new Baywatch

2784458280096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

How about really good food at Andy and Cheryl's Baywatch on Orient. That way you get a great meal at a reasonable price, get to watch the parade 100 feet away, and the money goes back to NJ, where they come from.

What does DF stand for? I thought I knew all the CC abbreviations.

The new Baywatch

I am thinking DF means Duty Free.

I've been to Orient and personally did not find enough nudity. Can anyone tell me where to see the most naked people? :D

Thanks to the OP for the warning to Families. Although it is common knowledge Orient is clothing optional it is glossed over a lot of places.

Cheers!

We vacation on Orient Beach. Just back. Most of the beach clubs tolerate topless..only a few go nude. Orient Beach Club at the south end and Coco near the rocks toward the north end. At the other beach clubs,most people are wearing modest suits. If you really want to see that ugly flesh, take a look....very ugly. The nude parade still happens on the beach before 9 am. I usually go later in the day.

I think everyone has the right to raise their kids as they see fit [for the most part] and can understand why some may object to clothing optional beaches. I just want to say that when I took my 2 kids [preteen and teen] it was no big deal to them and they basically ignored it. There were no topless bathers in the area we were in, but they did stroll along the beach. I think just the novelty of telling their friends that they had been to such a beach was about it for them. Overall I can say it had absolutely no long term affect on them. For my son seeing a topless woman old enough to be his grandmother was not something he had any desire to watch and therefore went about having fun instead.

Same here. Our kids at the time were more like 5 8 and 9, and there was a little giggling even though we warned them ahead of time.

We were in the area of the water toys. We also saw a topless grandmother and various happy couples strolling along without any clothes at all.

After we got home my neighbor said to me, "What did your kids do in St. Martin? My son says we have to go there."

Same here. Our kids at the time were more like 5 8 and 9, and there was a little giggling even though we warned them ahead of time.

We were in the area of the water toys. We also saw a topless grandmother and various happy couples strolling along without any clothes at all.

After we got home my neighbor said to me, "What did your kids do in St. Martin? My son says we have to go there."

Too funny!icon10.gif

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise, and I thought Orient was wonderful. We only got to stay an hour do to our tour guide, but I would love to go back. We rented 2 chair and an umbrella with 2 drinks for $14. The right side was totally nude, but the left was only a few topless women, and there was 1 couple that was fully nude walking. It wasn't a big deal, but nudity doesn't bother me, although I would never do it myself!

How about really good food at Andy and Cheryl's Baywatch on Orient. That way you get a great meal at a reasonable price, get to watch the parade 100 feet away, and the money goes back to NJ, where they come from...

The new Baywatch

We were on the island for a week and ate at the old Baywatch the last day it was open in October. A quick question, just to clear this up for me: I read on another site that after the move next door, the name is now Andy and Cheryl's and they no longer use the Baywatch name.

Now I see your post with a picture of "the new Baywatch" so I'm confused:confused:

Baywatch or Andy & Cheryl's (or both)???

We were on the island for a week and ate at the old Baywatch the last day it was open in October. A quick question, just to clear this up for me: I read on another site that after the move next door, the name is now Andy and Cheryl's and they no longer use the Baywatch name.

Now I see your post with a picture of "the new Baywatch" so I'm confused:confused:

Where's Baywatch located in reference to the parking lot for the tour buses? We will be visiting Orient on our island tour and would like to stop at Baywatch for a bite to eat. I grew up in NJ and my wife in Brooklyn. Sounds like it would be fun.

It appears that the official name is now "Andy and Cheryl's".....

2190341940096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

....But the inside sign over the cutout to the kitchen uses the name Baywatch......

2121259310096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Where's Baywatch located in reference to the parking lot for the tour buses? We will be visiting Orient on our island tour and would like to stop at Baywatch for a bite to eat. I grew up in NJ and my wife in Brooklyn. Sounds like it would be fun.

The tour buses drop people off at Bikini Beach, an overcrowded and pricey spot. Facing the water, turn right, so the water is on your left, and walk down the beach maybe 600-900 feet and you will see the place. The first picture I posted is outside their place. They have lots of NJ road signs and many license plates from the US.

The woman in blue shorts and top is Cheryl and Andy is the chubby guy in the white tee shirt (wearing the black bb cap) lounging in the middle, taking a few minutes break - he does the cooking. The menu board is leaning agains a wall in the middle of the picture.

Your tour may drop you off at one of several places including Pedro's. If you are at Pedro's then Andy&Cheryl's/Baywatch is to you left as you face the water and is only about 150 feet or so away. From most any other drop off point, such as The Pirate, it would be to the right if my memory is accurate. If you aren't certain about the drop off point, ask your tour driver or any of the folks putting up umbrellas and they will tell you which way to turn. Someone here has a a panorama but I can't find my link.

It is a fun place, and the food is fine. Take cash if you can because if you do most places will take dollars one for one to the Euro which is a good savings and also saves on the foreign transaction fee applied to most credit cards.

TBN Hubby here...

I was looking for the panorama link and Big Booper posted while I was composing. He is absolutely correct about the tour BUSES for some ship tours.

I was thinking of some of the smaller tours, like Bernard's for instance, that drop off at Pedro's or sometimes the Pirate. Also, if you take a taxi to Orient beach instead of a tour, they will normally drop off at Pedro's.

Between our two posts, you should have no trouble finding it.

• 2 months later...
What is your problem? I tried to convey information to help a select group (parents who don't want to expose their children to adult nudity) and get attacked for doing it. Why in the world would I post this in the first place if we went to the beach to gawk at nude people? The nudity was so prevalent when we were there that I would have had to shut my eyes the entire time we were there to avoid it.

I get that our experiences were different. That doesn't make either of us wrong. What I don't get is why you have to belittle me for simply sharing my experience. I haven't said nudity is evil, and I haven't criticized anyone who is comfortable with a nude sunbathing or nude beaches. I merely stated we were not and that parents who wish to shield their children from adult nudity at St. Maarten should know that on the day we were there, nudity was prevalent and unavoidable.

If there is a moderator here, can you please just close this thread? I guess I should not have started it in the first place.

Hey Taking,

I don't mind saying that you are just plain wrong. Just looked back at this thread after a year and wanted to let you know we've booked another trip on SXM. Spending 4 of 10 days at that "den of sin" @ Club O and another 6 in the village. I'm really sorry that you PERSONALLY chose to take your kids there and then expected everyone to change their behavior to match your expectations during your visit. I doubt it matters but I was doing the early morning nude walk when a group of 100 of so kids from a local school decided to walk the beach. Did they care? No...

There are plenty of disclaimers on the web about this beach. The hangups are with parents who don't want to do their job. And, BTW, I have two children, now 27 and 29, who know I'm a nudist...

I am not concerned about the topless aspect of the beaches. I just don't want to explain the male human anatomy to my 4 year old daughter on vacation. Plus, as I said, my husband would be the biggest problem. He gets red in the face when there is a topless woman on TV, so he would probably melt into the sand on a beach with complete nudity. For the ones who seem to think we should just stay on the ship...good grief. I just ask for a little advise on which beach, other than Orient, would be good for a family who doesn't prefer complete nudity. I am not stupid nor naive, nor am I trying to protect my children from anything. I just thought someone here could help me find a quiet, nice beach were my children could play in fairly calm water. Sorry for asking.:rolleyes:

A family that was on the ship with us last week went to Le Galion beach on their Bernard's tour. That may be a great spot to take your children as they described calm, fairly shallow waters with no nudity/toplessness and noone peddling local wares. I wish we'd insisted on going there despite the resistance we felt from Bernard. We spent our entire two hours at Orient on alert to "shield" our three kids from the [minimal] toplessness. Had I read the original post in this thread prior to my tour, I wouldn't have entertained the idea of going to Orient with kids.

So, can anyone recommend a beach for families with children? We will be there is October with a 4 and a 6 year old, and my husband will stroke if he encounters this. (Not because of our children, but because it would embarrass the world out of him!):rolleyes:

I think you wanted to say your husband would have a stroke !! because what you said makes it look like your hubby would fit right in!! lol thanks for the giggle!

A family that was on the ship with us last week went to Le Galion beach on their Bernard's tour. That may be a great spot to take your children as they described calm, fairly shallow waters with no nudity/toplessness and noone peddling local wares. I wish we'd insisted on going there despite the resistance we felt from Bernard. We spent our entire two hours at Orient on alert to "shield" our three kids from the [minimal] toplessness. Had I read the original post in this thread prior to my tour, I wouldn't have entertained the idea of going to Orient with kids.

There are usually topless beach goers at Le Galion. It is a lovely beach and a perfect spot for children.

For our teen daughters it was the guys in the barely there thongs that made them giggle at Orient.

Archived