Drydock Update to Owner's Suite on Sensation.. FANTASTIC!

Tom-n-Cheryl

Howdy strangers! Been a while. Hope all is well with you. Going on Liberty Eastern Carib July 4...roll call is not as active as ours was. Hope to cruise with you guys again someday!:rolleyes:

Hi guys!

You two need to sail on the Dream... there are THREE great dates in our signature (HINT HINT :) ) !!

Tom

Tom n Cheryl,

Thanks for those great pics of the "new" Sensation and the OS (WOW!!) My wife and I love this boat, we have been on it several times and now that it has had a facelift, we will have to schedule a cruise to experience the new look. We usually just get an interior room in the best category as possible, but looking at those photos - I dont know now. From one fellow smooth jazz lover to another, keep the photos and reviews coming of your future cruises - can't wait to see the Dream photos. I will also be checking your smug photos of the other ships you have been on :D

We have one of these booked for the 12/20 departure. The diagram on the Carnival page is, to say the least, a bit underwhelming. These photos, however, make me VERY happy that we upgraded!

You won't regret it! Which cabin # are you in?

Tom

We have stayed in these cabins a few times on different ships, before and after dry docks. Although we liked the updates on the Inspiration, I and others felt it fell short. I doubt that those same people will be able to find as much to say (critically speaking) about the changes made to the OS on the Sensation.

Carnival has, IMHO, hit a home run with this one! Up until the date of sail (3/26/09) it was not known if we would be in the starboard or port side (S1 or S2) due to some work still going on in S2 (our preference). As it turned out we were able to enjoy S2, and were the first people to sail in there since the modifications - breaking in the tub, shower, etc... From what I understand, S1 has been utilized a couple of times. S2 is not TOTALLY finished (no lamp over the dining room table, and no bed skirt on the bed). That mattered not, as we really enjoyed it!

Here are a few photos, with a lot more in our SmugMug link below.

501125863_NBxo8-L.jpg

501126245_UPFcC-L.jpg

501132795_sRtNq-L.jpg

501142272_giRPr-L.jpg

501142717_cnYkL-L.jpg

Before some of you (new to CC) ask about booking this cabin - that has all been covered in previous threads. Here are links:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=922389

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654231

Tom

Is this the SS category on Sensation, for example on Upper Deck 101 or 102, extended balcony penthouse suite?

Is this the SS category on Sensation, for example on Upper Deck 101 or 102, extended balcony penthouse suite?

No, these are on Sports deck (hence the S1 and S2 cabin numbers).

... check out the links at the bottom of my first post!

Tom

I'm in the process of trying to book a Owner's Suite on the Ecstasy for November, however they haven't confirmed availability for me yet, as they said they didn't know if it would be the new location for the Circle C Club post dry dock. Has anyone heard anything about whether the Ecstasy will lose its Owner's Suite in September. I'm hoping they keep them, and that they get a nice make-over also.

I'm in the process of trying to book a Owner's Suite on the Ecstasy for November, however they haven't confirmed availability for me yet, as they said they didn't know if it would be the new location for the Circle C Club post dry dock. Has anyone heard anything about whether the Ecstasy will lose its Owner's Suite in September. I'm hoping they keep them, and that they get a nice make-over also.

I have heard that rumor - from time to time - about most of the Owner's Suites. Thus far, NONE have been converted!

Sadly, I just realized that your pictures are of the Owner's Cabins. I've got an SS booked on the Upper deck for our cruise, U87.

Oh well, I'm still psyched!

Still - you'll have a great time. The larger balconies that come along with the SS cabins give you a lot of elbow (and knee) room!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I have both of them booked on the Ecstasy in late October...post dry dock. So, I guess they'll still be there. They have done bits and pieces of updates over the past year, so I think they're keeping them.

I'll check with my TA and let you know for sure, but I've not had my ressie cancelled yet.

I have both of them booked on the Ecstasy in late October...post dry dock. So, I guess they'll still be there. They have done bits and pieces of updates over the past year, so I think they're keeping them.

I'll check with my TA and let you know for sure, but I've not had my ressie cancelled yet.

Yep, just talked to my TA, and I am confirmed for late October. Hopefully, that was just a rumor about using that space for Circle C/O2...I've stayed up there many times and would hate to not have that option in the future.

Yep, just talked to my TA, and I am confirmed for late October. Hopefully, that was just a rumor about using that space for Circle C/O2...I've stayed up there many times and would hate to not have that option in the future.

Hey Stir --- you should have been in Vegas. Just got back last night. WHEW!!!

One of those "I could not lose" weeks - amazing!

Even killing some time, I played Video Poker and within 2 minutes was dealt 4 aces. For that I received $1250 :D and a TAX FORM... :(

If only all gambling trips were like that!

Tom

I would love to stay in one of those, but I couldnt imagine spending that kind of money on a vacation. I would rather book an OV and give the rest to a local charity or something. 1700pp is kind of insane:eek:

$1700 is a chunk of change --- but that is relative. I was playing Blackjack at the Bellagio night before last when a guy plunked down $20 grand at the table and began betting $1,000 to $5,000 a hand. All of that is well and good, but he was a jerk to boot - would not participate in the friendly small talk of the table. The next morning I went down to play, and he was STILL THERE. This time with a BLANKET, a cup of coffee, and a can of RED BULL. By the way, his YELLOW chips were gone, and he was playing "lowly" purple ($500) chips... "poor" fellow, LOL

Tom

That is one thing that I cant stand. Some people think that having a ton of money makes them better than the rest, and cant lower themselves to the small talk at the table. As for my DW and I, we are paying 692 for our porthole room on the sensation, and that was alot of $ to us. For those of you who do stay in these expensive rooms, more power to you. I will think nothing more or nothing less of you, as long as you dont have the "greater than thou" attitude.

Guess I will just dream of a penthouse suite;)

Hey Stir --- you should have been in Vegas. Just got back last night. WHEW!!!

One of those "I could not lose" weeks - amazing!

Even killing some time, I played Video Poker and within 2 minutes was dealt 4 aces. For that I received $1250 :D and a TAX FORM... :(

If only all gambling trips were like that!

Tom

We take the short trip to Lake Charles, La...to L'auberge du lak. We came home a few weeks ago with 14...yes, FOURTEEN...W2Gs between the two of us! In two days!!

Almost 20K worth!

Ain't life grand?!?

I need you to look at a tooth...and bring me those shoes of Cheryl's, too...

We take the short trip to Lake Charles, La...to L'auberge du lak. We came home a few weeks ago with 14...yes, FOURTEEN...W2Gs between the two of us! In two days!!

Almost 20K worth!

Ain't life grand?!?

I need you to look at a tooth...and bring me those shoes of Cheryl's, too...

LOL... Cheryl bought something like 3 or 4 pairs of shoes (and as many purses) during some daytime shopping in Vegas. She said "you just can't find these things in most cities". We ended up having to ship her (booty) box home via UPS. :rolleyes:

Tom

Archived