If I were ti cruise Carnival which ship would I take?

Savoia

Having cruised on many cruise lines over the past 2 decades I have never once cruised with Carnival. I have always associated Carnival as being loud, roudy, with ships that look very predictable. I have seen videos and pictures and it doesn't seem like a line I would like. But, my travelling companion wants to try Carnival so I'm being roped in. I have tried many brands in the past and to be honest have always associated Carnival as being rather cheap looking so I have avoided the brands they own as well.

Any suggestions for a quiet Carnival cruise?

We'd be sailing from Miami...having not tried Carnival before I'd like to do a route I know just in case. I've looked at the interiors of their ships and thereis a great deal that looks good and then there is a great deal that looks garish. I realize it is a compromise but for me my cruise experience is not enhanced with flaming Baked Alaska on top of a steward's head or endless art sales and gold by the yard...

I'd like to find a ship that offers something different within Carnival.

I may be going out on a limb here, but it sounds like you already have your mind made up that you probably won't like Carnival. If that is the case, I'm not thinking you will enjoy any ship. They have thie gold by the yard and all that, but I am also not a fan, so I just don't go there. I have been on 3 Carnival cruises....all very different classes of ships. I have enjoyed every one, and none were rowdy. Of course, if you go at predictably school vacation times (ie spring break), I'm sure it could be a possibility. My favorite ship is the Legend, but that goes out of Tampa. Wonderful ship, excellent staff, great Western ports. It is Spirit class, and those are often cited as seeming the least crowded. But I don't think any Spirit class ships sail out of Miami...not positive. If you're looking for a very quiet cruise, I don't know if Carnival is for you. Although the "Party Cruise" thing is really not the case, there can be alot of children on board (even during school times) simply because it is the most affordable line. I have always enjoyed sailing Carnival because it is a vacation with regular folks...not a stiff crowd who is always trying to outdo each other. But that atmosphere is not pleasing to everyone. If you're really into the "upper crust" cruise experience, then I wouldn't recommend it. While so many of us just LOVE Carnival, we also understand that it may not be the right thing for every person.

Good luck with your decision, and have a great cruise, whatever you decide:)

Check out these other posts by Savoia on other threads. I thiink we are dealing with a pot stirrer. He/she has been over on the Cunard boards doing the same thing.

Savoia calls Carnival "Carnivore":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18931797&highlight=#post18931797

Some derogatory comments toward John Heald:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17479977&highlight=#post17479977

And yet another post with a slam toward Carnival

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18704548&highlight=#post18704548

I have always associated Carnival as being loud, roudy, with ships that look very predictable. I have seen videos and pictures and it doesn't seem like a line I would like. But, my travelling companion wants to try Carnival so I'm being roped in. I have tried many brands in the past and to be honest have always associated Carnival as being rather cheap looking so I have avoided the brands they own as well.

Yes, forget cruising on a Carnival ship then and stick with what makes you happy. FTLOG, it isn't rocket science. If you go into something with an "I am not going to be happy" attitude then you won't. Stick with the lines that please you.

Check out these other posts by Savoia on other threads. I thiink we are dealing with a pot stirrer. He/she has been over on the Cunard boards doing the same thing.

Thanks Jeanie. I came over to Carnival to warn everyone of this poster. He/she has had threads locked/pulled and have been totally negative towards the Carnival brand and its subsidiaries.

Ignore the posts or please asked to have them pulled. Sooner or later this poster will be banned.

David

She is saying all the Carnival Corp. ships are the same.

If anyone reads John Healds blog, maybe she is one of the people that keep saying all Carnival Corp. ships are the same!:D

LOL! Oh Carnival Corp owned ships...........

Well she is wrong:p

Having cruised on many cruise lines over the past 2 decades I have never once cruised with Carnival. I have always associated Carnival as being loud, roudy, with ships that look very predictable. I have seen videos and pictures and it doesn't seem like a line I would like. But, my travelling companion wants to try Carnival so I'm being roped in. I have tried many brands in the past and to be honest have always associated Carnival as being rather cheap looking so I have avoided the brands they own as well.

Carnival is horrible, stay far, far away! Your eyes may be blinded by the horrible decor, heck you will be lucky to make it off alive. People may trap you in the hallways and throw liquor down your throat, or you may trip over all the sick drunk people strewn all over the ship. The food will make you horribly sick, to the point you may have to be evacuated. Again, I warn you...stay away!!!!

Carnival is horrible, stay far, far away! Your eyes may be blinded by the horrible decor, heck you will be lucky to make it off alive. People may trap you in the hallways and throw liquor down your throat, or you may trip over all the sick drunk people strewn all over the ship. The food will make you horribly sick, to the point you may have to be evacuated. Again, I warn you...stay away!!!!

ROFLMAO! I agree with this suggestion. :D

i will hopefully be one of the drunk people you all have to step over

hee hee

kidding

Just be careful and don't trip one of the waiters with the flaming baked alaska on their head :cool::p I would hate to see it go to waste. But what do we care...we have no class...we would just eat the baked alaska off the floor with our Wal-mart bought plastic cutlery ;)

We'd be sailing from Miami...having not tried Carnival before I'd like to do a route I know just in case. I've looked at the interiors of their ships and thereis a great deal that looks good and then there is a great deal that looks garish. I realize it is a compromise but for me my cruise experience is not enhanced with flaming Baked Alaska on top of a steward's head or endless art sales and gold by the yard...

I'd like to find a ship that offers something different within Carnival.

You have such a horrid, negative, animosity toward a cruise line, that you have never sailed on. You want us to give you advise?? Mine is to stick with whatever cruise line you enjoy and tell your friend you don't want to sail on Carnival. It seems to me there's a possibility of you making that friend absolutely miserable for a week.

Just be careful and don't trip one of the waiters with the flaming baked alaska on their head :cool::p I would hate to see it go to waste. But what do we care...we have no class...we would just eat the baked alaska off the floor with our Wal-mart bought plastic cutlery ;)

Oh, you don't have to buy your own plastic cutlery, Carnival provides it - - well most of the time anyway. Just look on any table (or whatever is used for your table - may be a box with a paper tablecloth covering most of it). :eek:

Sometimes I just wish I could see pics of people and see if they really are, All That and A Bag of Chips.

PS...the devil made me write that...just saw it was post number 666...LOL!!!

666...omg that is scary! :eek:

You know I was just wondering that same thing..I have a picture in my mind and it "taint" pretty...lol

Oh, you don't have to buy your own plastic cutlery, Carnival provides it - - well most of the time anyway. Just look on any table (or whatever is used for your table - may be a box with a paper tablecloth covering most of it). :eek:

Well, hey at least they provide tablecloths, right?? And I hear they have upgraded to vinyl ones! And the cardboard boxes are the heavy duty type, not those that have been recycled over and over. They have to be heavy duty to hold up the waiters when they get up there to dance with the baked Alaska on their heads!!

Sometimes I just wish I could see pics of people and see if they really are, All That and A Bag of Chips.

PS...the devil made me write that...just saw it was post number 666...LOL!!!

no need to see a picture. Just go into a person's post history and do some reading. This one is a real eye opener.

Archived