Did you book a 2010 Europe Cruise?

caribbeansun

To be fair, pickpockets are found the world over.

I've only had my pocket picked once, it was in the New York City subway, just after leaving the theater. The perpetrator was a fifty-ish VERY well groomed woman who was wearing a fantastically expensive sable coat.

sable4f.jpg

:confused:I spent the first five minutes wondering why a woman who could afford a coat like that was riding the subway.

:confused:I spent the next five minutes wondering why she lost her balance so easily (she fell against me during a turn)

:mad:I spent the rest of the night wondering where my wallet was..........

StanandJim,

Where do you get your pictures from? You seem to have a picture for every post.

Most of pretty hillarious.

Sorry, that was mean't for stujake. Still thinking about the Butler I had on that trip that I won't have on the next.:D

So, 'fess up, how often were you alone in your cabin with this paragon? Bet you were not busy knitting when he was butlering (sic; is that the proper word?) at your behest!:)

My wife and I are thinking about booking this cruise. I got a quote from a TA and the airport transfers seem to be quite high. This would be our first cruise to Europe so maybe that's normal. Transfer from airport to the ship is $258 for the both of us and $138 from ship to airport. Our quote for interior room with air was $9232 which included transfers.

CujoK, thanks for resurrecting Kathypet's April post. We signed up for this cruise about a month ago, and just got the first response on the roll call thread I started. (I totally forgot she had signed up for this cruise, and encourage you both to take this cruise, a great itinerary, and to join the roll call.)

I love Oceania (the only cruise line I have sailed in my vast experience of two cruises, Istanbul to Athens last September and Athens to Rome in June), but have never used their transfers.

Here's the link to the lengthy cruise review I posted for the June cruise, which visited many of the same ports this cruise will visit as well.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=56647.

I have not yet been to Barcelona, but I spent five days in Venice a few years ago. It should cost perhaps 45 Euros total for a taxi from the Venice airport to the ship; alternatively, a few Euros per person for the bus to Piazzale Roma (with luggage placed under the bus) and 10 more Euros for a taxi from there to the ship if you choose. I also think the Barcelona airport is not all that far from downtown; my Rick Steves' Spain 2009 guidebook says that taxi fare should run about 25 Euros from downtown to the airport (and the port is not much farther away).

Of course, you are paying to have it all taken care of for you, a convenience which many prefer.

We also did our airfare separately as well because the total airfare charge for the days we requested (arriving a couple days early in Venice and spending three extra days in Barcelona) was almost twice the airfare we were able to book on our own.

Good luck in your planning!

Pam

So, 'fess up, how often were you alone in your cabin with this paragon? Bet you were not busy knitting when he was butlering (sic; is that the proper word?) at your behest!:)

LOL. The Mediterrean Tapestry was very port intensive. I didn't want to get up each morning, let him in, so the routine was knock twice, he would come in and pour the coffee and hand it to me in bed, covered of course, didn't want to offend him:eek: Each afternoon he would bring in chocolate covered strawberries as requested and chill the wine on the counter. Still laughing.

IMG_0370.jpg.58d459a5f04c182749223b2206fae2ab.jpg

My wife and I are thinking about booking this cruise. I got a quote from a TA and the airport transfers seem to be quite high. This would be our first cruise to Europe so maybe that's normal. Transfer from airport to the ship is $258 for the both of us and $138 from ship to airport. Our quote for interior room with air was $9232 which included transfers.

You can decline the transfers if you wish then take local transport or taxis usually cheaper in the long run.

Hi, If this is your 5th O cruise, then you DO get an OBC of $200!! We'll be taking our 5th in January 2010 and my TA has assured me that we wil get it. In fact, in one of O's cruise planner brochures, it lists what you get for how many cruises you take - i.e. 5-9 = $200; 10-14 = $400 with some other extras. Check it out. Arlene

Booked on the Route of the Vikings (does northern Europe count???) August 4-19. Our 5th on O (if only Renaissance counted - would get the ship board credit!!!) Can't wait!

Kathie

Hi, If this is your 5th O cruise, then you DO get an OBC of $200!! We'll be taking our 5th in January 2010 and my TA has assured me that we wil get it. In fact, in one of O's cruise planner brochures, it lists what you get for how many cruises you take - i.e. 5-9 = $200; 10-14 = $400 with some other extras. Check it out. Arlene

Yes you will get it ..they bring a card to your stateroom to sign to acknowledge that you will be getting the OBC.

As well you will get your PIN during the Past Guest party & dinner with the Captain or a top staff member.

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Thank you Arlene and Lyn for your replies. I think I was "under the weather" when I made that post. It will actually be my 4th O cruise (more if Renaissance counted, after all, aren't they really the same???). Guess I will have to book another quick!

Kathie

No they aren't the same, just the ships themselves, any more than Azamara (which has 2 of the ships), or Princess (which has the rest) are the same. Why would you expect to count any Renaissance cruises on any of the 3 cruise lines? Have you owned more than one house or car or boat - not yours any more. Move on.

I'm a bit confused about this fabulous deal. It says "free air" but that is for economy. Can this free air be upgraded to Business? Regent is offering free business fare on all bookings above a certain category. We are interested in either the 8/15 Nautica sailing or the 9/30 Regatta sailing. It is getting harder and harder to find a ship with no formal nights. Even Regent has formal nights on their Mediterranean sailings!

I'm a bit confused about this fabulous deal. It says "free air" but that is for economy.

Yes it is for economy

You can also take the air credit & book your own flights

Check with your TA for the amounts as it varies by cruise itinerary

ElleninNY

Yes, you can get business class seats through Oceania. For the 8/15 cruise, Barcelona to Istanbul, the business class fare from New York to Barcelona and return from Istanbul is quoted on the Oceania website as $3799 per person.

Don

Does anyone know if there are refrigerators in the oceanview rooms on the Regatta
No, there are not. You'd need to move up to concierge level to have a refrigerator.

If you require a fridge for health reasons, the ship will rent you one at a nominal cost. Your TA can arrange for that (it's the same type of thing as ordering low sodium or gluten free meals onboard)

Hope this helped :D

No, there are not. You'd need to move up to concierge level to have a refrigerator.

If you require a fridge for health reasons, the ship will rent you one at a nominal cost. Your TA can arrange for that (it's the same type of thing as ordering low sodium or gluten free meals onboard)

Hope this helped :D

Well that's just wrong. Even RCI has refrigerators even in their inside cabins except on their smaller ships. I am very surprised that a ship of this caliber do not have refrigerators in their cabins. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well that's just wrong. Even RCI has refrigerators even in their inside cabins except on their smaller ships. I am very surprised that a ship of this caliber do not have refrigerators in their cabins
At the risk of sounding defensive, I believe that it is equally wrong to put a rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, or a wave rider onto what is supposed to be a ship!

genesis_RCI_510x383.jpg On Oceania, we also do without Towel Animals on the beds, dining room waiters performing the conga, Professional photographs of our every waking moment, and a lawn at the top of the ship.......

Still, we manage to struggle through

121181862904475.jpg

On Oceania, we also do without Towel Animals on the beds, dining room waiters performing the conga, Professional photographs of our every waking moment, and a lawn at the top of the ship.......

Still, we manage to struggle through

How do we do it:eek:

BTW there is some LAWN on deck 11 :D

Lyn

The Vision and Radiance class ships don't have them in the cheaper rooms. I believe they have them in the suites though.

I just checked the sizes of those ships they are still almost 3 times the size of Oceania ships the cabin are a bit smaller than Oceania so I guess that is why no fridge.

Oceania ships do not very big cabins are cozy but functional (165 sq ft for most CAT)

You can get a fridge if you book CAT A or above

Lyn

I just checked the sizes of those ships they are still almost 3 times the size of Oceania ships the cabin are a bit smaller than Oceania so I guess that is why no fridge.

Oceania ships do not very big cabins are cozy but functional (165 sq ft for most CAT)

You can get a fridge if you book CAT A or above

Lyn

I think I'll use the ice bucket as opposed to spending another $1800 for a refrigerator :D

Archived