Aft Cabins on Oceania

canadiansnowbird

Hi All:

Have never sailed on Oceania before, and am not familiar with cabins and sizes of;

Am interested in Regatta cruise in October/10 Venice to Athens. We love aft cabins. What are the aft cabins on Oceania like? We had an aft cabin on the Brilliance of the Seas in the Med and it was regular balcony cabin, but a large wonderful balcony.:)

Would it make a difference in which deck?

Thank you for any help.

Snowbird

Hi All:

Have never sailed on Oceania before, and am not familiar with cabins and sizes of;

Am interested in Regatta cruise in October/10 Venice to Athens. We love aft cabins. What are the aft cabins on Oceania like? We had an aft cabin on the Brilliance of the Seas in the Med and it was regular balcony cabin, but a large wonderful balcony.:)

Would it make a difference in which deck?

Thank you for any help.

Snowbird

If you use the search function on this board, you will find many posts on aft cabins.

there are 4 cabins on each of 3 decks..6 , 7 , and 8

the end right and left on each floor are owners suites...

then you have 2 cabins in between the owners suites.

what cabin "type" are you asking about?

for OS the AFT is THE BEST ( on Oceania/ Aza/ Princess (the Tahitian).. well..any of the "R " ships..

The OS cabins are wonderful..all the cabins on deck 6 aft have a larger balcony width wise, due to the shape of the ship..

the cabins in middle of OS are the same size interior as on all the other floors with exception of the penthouse cabins..

I have never had an aft cabin on an O ship, but given the way their ships handle rough seas, an aft cabin could be a big mistake if you get any weather problems. Though I know some people enjoy excessive motion during a cruise.

I have never had an aft cabin on an O ship, but given the way their ships handle rough seas, an aft cabin could be a big mistake if you get any weather problems.

I'd find it hard to believe that the O ships "handle" and worse in rough seas than the RCCL ships that the OP has already sailed on.

Oceania_Nautica_Cairns_04.JPGiots_elliot_470x300.jpg

If you notice, the Independence is listing here AT THE DOCK. Shades of the Poseidon Adventure :eek:

Seriously, the Independence has 14 enclosed decks above the water line, the O ships have 8.L0000175%20Small%20Web%20view.jpg(9 if you count the Cabana Deck!)

I have never had an aft cabin on an O ship, but given the way their ships handle rough seas, an aft cabin could be a big mistake if you get any weather problems. Though I know some people enjoy excessive motion during a cruise.

That was our worry, which is why we turned back in our aft cabin (6090) for the Regatta TA next March. We've never done a TA, and as much as we love aft cabins, the possibility of rough seas caused us to change cabin locations and opt for one midship. Also, my sister and BIL were able to get a midship balcony cabin right next door to us, so that helped in making our decision. I'm sure, though, that someone snatched up 6090 as soon as we released it. My travel agent has done several crossings on Oceania, and he said he wouldn't opt for an aft on a TA due to more motion. But I think that was his feeling regardless of the ship; TA's generally experience rougher seas, so it's best to be as midship as possible.

That was our worry, which is why we turned back in our aft cabin (6090) for the Regatta TA next March. We've never done a TA, and as much as we love aft cabins, the possibility of rough seas caused us to change cabin locations and opt for one midship. Also, my sister and BIL were able to get a midship balcony cabin right next door to us, so that helped in making our decision. I'm sure, though, that someone snatched up 6090 as soon as we released it. My travel agent has done several crossings on Oceania, and he said he wouldn't opt for an aft on a TA due to more motion. But I think that was his feeling regardless of the ship; TA's generally experience rougher seas, so it's best to be as midship as possible.

Thanks for the replies from all. We have booked an aft cabin on deck 7 (Deck 6 was not available).

Since we are in the Aegean and Adriatic (Venice to Athens) I am hopeful that the seas will be calm.

Snowbird

The deck 7 aft cabins are our favorites and we have been very lucky to get the deck 7 OS for Spring 2010.

We have never experienced turbulence in the aft cabins as we have, in similar conditions, in a forward one. Enjoy your great choice!:)

Archived