Who Else Is Counting Down The Days / Weeks?

Travel-Jen

Happy2Cruise you sound just like me. I think our countdown started at something like 400 days....now I am even looking at the hours....47 days, but only 752 waking hours...67,680 minutes...ha ha...that's to much...the days sound better. And I too have spent the year looking at pictures, researching ports, excursions, etc, etc, etc. I know when I see it, there will be an instant of recognition and then they incredible amazement. No doubt in my mind that the research will enhance the experience, not the reverse, although my sister doesn't like looking at the pictures....she wants to wait and see if fresh. To each his own...

Happy2Cruise you sound just like me. I think our countdown started at something like 400 days....now I am even looking at the hours....47 days, but only 752 waking hours...67,680 minutes...ha ha...that's to much...the days sound better. And I too have spent the year looking at pictures, researching ports, excursions, etc, etc, etc. I know when I see it, there will be an instant of recognition and then they incredible amazement. No doubt in my mind that the research will enhance the experience, not the reverse, although my sister doesn't like looking at the pictures....she wants to wait and see if fresh. To each his own...

Think I have driven the entire family nuts with stuff. If we were on a cruise right now they would probably make me fish food.

63 days for us! I just booked about two weeks ago. Usually I am one that plans over a year ahead, but this was such a good deal and my DH has always wanted to see Alaska (well, me too). And I thought by the end of June, some cooler weather might feel pretty good. Who knows, it could be in the 90s by then around here!:p

I booked the Southbound Radiance for 8/21/2009 the day they opened, started the Roll Call and have been counting down like this every Friday, plus we are going up a week before the cruise:

DSC_3873Cropped.jpg

What's everyone so excited about?

Only

Fridays

Until we are all enjoying

The majesty and splendor

of Alaska

Together on the Radiance!

alaska24.jpg

The Real Alaska Cruise!

DSC_4293.jpg

Wooooo Hooooo

Only 45 days for husband and me until we board the Island Princess! All excursions booked but a few odds and ends to figure out--what camera equipment to take and bags to pack them in. I continue to read new post everyday and that certainly fuels the excitement. Can't wait to start reading trip reports from everyone.

I booked the Southbound Radiance for 8/21/2009 the day they opened, started the Roll Call and have been counting down like this every Friday, plus we are going up a week before the cruise:

[/center]

You'll be getting off and we'll be getting on :D! I hope I get to see the whales like you did. What fantastic pictures. Where were they taken?

It's a great thing for cruise critic because my family isn't at all interested in the planning. My dh just says "how much is that going to cost?" I'm over the shell shock now. In the end they will all be happy I have 1,000's of hours in planning. :)

You'll be getting off and we'll be getting on !

Don't you hate that feeling you get when you get off the cruise ship for the last time and then you see all these people in tourist outfits getting ready to board your ship?

Four weeks and one day until we leave for Vancouver - two days there, then it's on to the Island Princess for 7 days plus a five day interior trip. I'm especially excited because the whole family is going, including my little granddaughter - at least that's the plan. AS she has cancer, it's always a little touch and go, but it looks like she is going to make it too, so it's a very special trip for us.

My dh just says "how much is that going to cost?" I'm over the shell shock now. In the end they will all be happy I have 1' date='000's of hours in planning. :)[/quote']

My fiance is like that. When I was planning our day in Skagway, I told him about the Chilkoot Charters tour that I wanted to take. He asked, "Is it expensive." I said, "That depends on what you consider to be expensive." He says, "Over $100." So, I say, "Yes, it is expensive," and leave it at that. I booked the tour anyway, and he has no idea how much it cost, and I'm not going to tell him. :eek: He will love it and be glad I chose it!

Archived