Who Else Is Counting Down The Days / Weeks?

Travel-Jen

I think my wife is with you, after the winter here in KY, she thought I needed my head examined to go to Alaska. She has somewhat warmed to the idea, hope I have not made a mistake.

I am betting she will love it!! Last year I did it "for the guys"----SO and DS....this year is for ME (SO is coming along, but DS has college--awww)!! I loved it soooo much :D ....we were planning a new cruise the minute we were off the old cruise...

This year I am just as excited....maybe even moreso since I know what to expect---the most beauty I have ever seen! We are only doing 1 excursion---Harv & Marv---and can hardly wait.....Looking forward to walks and exploring all the towns (new port of Sitka for us) and especially Glacier Bay! I am all packed and ready. We leave So CA on May 20th -- taking Amtrak---cruise leave May 22nd....WOO HOO:D

Flying to Seattle in five weeks, and I've been counting down the months/weeks since we booked in October. Leave for the Inside Passage on Westerdam on 5/31. I think I'm driving the wife nuts with all my cruise talk!

Don't you hate that feeling you get when you get off the cruise ship for the last time and then you see all these people in tourist outfits getting ready to board your ship?

Yes I do!!! I wonder who's in my cabin and envy their excitement as they are beginning on their journey. At least we will have 4 days on land before we have to go home. After planning this trip for so long I am REALLY going to have major let down when it is all over. :( But I can't think about that now, :eek: before I even leave. lol Have a great trip!!

My dad teases me and asks me every day, "How many more days?" And I always know :) He's taking the whole family (8 of us) to Alaska for his 75th birthday, but I think I'm the most excited. :D

Would your dad like another child?? I'll be good:D hee hee What a wonderful trip for all of you. Many happy memories!:)

My fiance is like that. When I was planning our day in Skagway, I told him about the Chilkoot Charters tour that I wanted to take. He asked, "Is it expensive." I said, "That depends on what you consider to be expensive." He says, "Over $100." So, I say, "Yes, it is expensive," and leave it at that. I booked the tour anyway, and he has no idea how much it cost, and I'm not going to tell him. :eek: He will love it and be glad I chose it!

Good thing we are all getting such a great deal on the cruise prices this year. I just keep reminding him of that. Of course then I kept booking more excursions.:rolleyes:

21 days from now I will be in Anchorage with my mom, her friend, my friend and her mom! I have done all the booking, research, planning etc for us all, and since my DH is not coming along I have been feeling a bit of guilt while doing it, but the guilt will fade very quickly upon the tires of the plane leaving the tarmack I am suure! Boarding the Daimond Princess in 22 days! I am more excited than I can say!

24 days until we sail on the Pearl! Time has flown by since we booked in January. I just hope the time on the cruise doesn't fly by as quickly. All this anticipation then, poof, it's over. Guess we need to start booking 2 or 3 cruises at a time to keep the anticipation going.

im being a sport:D, i hate cold weather, family & friends are giving me the double take when i say we're going to Alaska this summer.

found one of those great relatively last min rates (booked & had final payment due in 2 weeks...eek) Things fell into place, flipped our usual summer trip to Orlando (thank God i was able to rent out my timeshare and flip some of prebooked airfare-i luv Southwest)

never having researched an alaskan cruise, im in hyperdrive; figure once I get the plans finalized I can breathe easy & enjoy:cool:

DH & DS are sooo excited; i'll be happy just watching them have a memorable vacation if nothing else...secretly, i expect i'll wind up having a lovely time;) & am looking forward to quite an adventure!

Did I say EXCITED :D! 28 days until we sail (10 of us) cruise first time for this Grandma and Grandpa...to Alaska no less!! We leave from Seattle and cruise the inside passage.

Daughter planned everything! She's the best but then we are biased.

Hope all that have cruised had a great time and for those of us waiting on the perverbial pins and needles...ouch...we can hardly hold it together here;) happynewbie!

We're under the 50 day mark and really really looking forward (to understate it completely) to our Sapphire cruise.....let's see....after booking, my husband got a new job in a totally new place, so we have a house up for sale, have to find a house, have to SELL the house, have our 25th anniversary (on the cruise!), my hubby turns 50 (not me, I'm ever so much younger!!!), our autistic son turns 20 and we have just found out a long awaited spot for him in a residential program has opened up so we're trying to transition him into that so he can be there before our cruise, and my mom lives on the other side of the country and has been diagnosed with cancer (she's responding to her treatments well, and gets more exercise in a day than I do...unless stressing out over my house counts....), AND we have a 14 year old daughter!

Yes, 49 days and counting......are we crazy to be doing this in a year like we have? Just don't ask me to take one of those stress tests. I'd score really well.

Like others, I want out of this stress -- we are also moving (#8 in 10 years) -- have our house up for sale and need to move to another state and find a house on the other end. I can empathize to some degree with "bluenoser2."

Sooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to beginning our Alaska journey on May 23rd.

Wishing everyone a stress-free vacation and happy memories.

I think my wife is with you, after the winter here in KY, she thought I needed my head examined to go to Alaska. She has somewhat warmed to the idea, hope I have not made a mistake.

Never!! You will love it!

We cruised to Alaska last May and we are doing it again on June 6th to celebrate our 34th anniversary!!!

I am driving my DH crazy with all the planning: what excursions should we do, what jackets should we back, where are we eating dinner, which hotel the night before the sailing, what and how many pairs of shoes should I bring (:rolleyes::eek::D), how many salmon bakes should we go to, should we buy an ulee knife (A WHAT!!??), etc. etc.

Don't you hate that feeling you get when you get off the cruise ship for the last time and then you see all these people in tourist outfits getting ready to board your ship?

YES!!!!

It's like "dying on the inside".....waaaaah!

When we booked our cruise way back in July, we had 10 months to go.:eek: Now we're only 5 weeks away from cruising North to Alaska for the 7th time! And we're just (well, maybe even more) :D excited as we were for our first cruise!

We're under the 50 day mark and really really looking forward (to understate it completely) to our Sapphire cruise.....let's see....after booking, my husband got a new job in a totally new place, so we have a house up for sale, have to find a house, have to SELL the house, have our 25th anniversary (on the cruise!), my hubby turns 50 (not me, I'm ever so much younger!!!), our autistic son turns 20 and we have just found out a long awaited spot for him in a residential program has opened up so we're trying to transition him into that so he can be there before our cruise, and my mom lives on the other side of the country and has been diagnosed with cancer (she's responding to her treatments well, and gets more exercise in a day than I do...unless stressing out over my house counts....), AND we have a 14 year old daughter!

Yes, 49 days and counting......are we crazy to be doing this in a year like we have? Just don't ask me to take one of those stress tests. I'd score really well.

It will be exactly what you need right now!! Go and enjoy yourself!

And congrats on your 25th anniversary!!

I am driving my DH crazy with all the planning: what excursions should we do, what jackets should we back, where are we eating dinner, which hotel the night before the sailing, what and how many pairs of shoes should I bring (:rolleyes::eek::D), how many salmon bakes should we go to, should we buy an ulee knife (A WHAT!!??), etc. etc.

This is why I love cruise critic so much! It gives folks (like me) comfort in knowing that they are not the only ones that do this.:rolleyes: Plus, being with all of you that are also so excited, just makes my excitement all that much better. My dh is just not an excitable guy. At least my 21 yo son and his gf are starting to get excited too. They just need to get through their finals this week, graduate next weekend and I know they will humor me :D!

Bon Voyage!

oh my gosh, i have so many bookmarks and favorites for things connected with my cruise. i am totally obsessed with all the info i can take in and save for the trip. i spend hours each day here and read everything i can. when i get back my laptop is going to be so freed up of space when i dump all my stuff i have saved. then i can fill it up again with my cruise stuff for next year :D.

A little over 4 months for me, I can not wait, first time to Alaska. I have lived on this board for the last 6 months, driven my husband crazy. He tells me I will be burned out by the time the trip gets here. No way. I want to know all there is to see & not miss any of it. The friend going with me likes to travel, but not plan, I love the planning part. All excursions are planned, most booked, some packing already done (but different clothes keep coming to mind), all flights but one booked, most tour books read. The notebook with all our reservations, info, & maps is growing so it looks more like a dictionary. But who cares, I'm going to Alaska & will love every minute. The scenery, the wildlife, the grandeur - the trip of a lifetime!

oh my gosh, i have so many bookmarks and favorites for things connected with my cruise. i am totally obsessed with all the info i can take in and save for the trip. i spend hours each day here and read everything i can. when i get back my laptop is going to be so freed up of space when i dump all my stuff i have saved. then i can fill it up again with my cruise stuff for next year :D.

This is me exactly...... I have even created a website for our roll call.

Jamie

Archived