Problem with Early Saver

Big Tillie

I booked a balcony cabin for 3 for myself, wife and daughter and an inside cabin 4C for my son and his wife. Final payment is due in July. It looks like my son and his wife are getting a divorce. He still wants to go. Any ideas on what are my options? If I cancel my daughter in law, will Carnival charge extra for my son being in a cabin by himself? Can I move my daughter into the inside cabin with my son? I know it says no name changes with early saver and I understand I will lose my deposit. My PVP won't be available until Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alan

Don't cancel the daughter-in-law, just let her be a no-show. Your son would pay the same anyway with the single supplement.

Leave the reservations alone. Once you're on the ship you can arrange who sleeps where any way you like. The purser's desk will make extra keys for you as necessary.

Iv seen several people who moved from 4 in a balcony to one balcony and one inside, got around the $50 pp fee.

At worst they may try and charge you $50 to change.

If you only have one person in a cabin, they are going to charge them double, so it wouldnt save you any money to cancel someone out.

Someone else changed names and got around the $50 change fee, so call and hope to get someone like the rep they got when they called.

Cancelling the person has to use the remainder of the deposit (minus the $50) within a year on a Carnival cruise. Try and find someone else to go and do a name change if they need to change. Maybe one of them would rather sleep on the floor of your cabin sounds like instead of in a double booked cabin.

You should be able to get someone to do a name change for your daughter instead of your DIL for $50 Id bet, try? cant hurt.

Iv seen several people who moved from 4 in a balcony to one balcony and one inside, got around the $50 pp fee.

At worst they may try and charge you $50 to change.

If you only have one person in a cabin, they are going to charge them double, so it wouldnt save you any money to cancel someone out.

Someone else changed names and got around the $50 change fee, so call and hope to get someone like the rep they got when they called.

Cancelling the person has to use the remainder of the deposit (minus the $50) within a year on a Carnival cruise. Try and find someone else to go and do a name change if they need to change. Maybe one of them would rather sleep on the floor of your cabin sounds like instead of in a double booked cabin.

You should be able to get someone to do a name change for your daughter instead of your DIL for $50 Id bet, try? cant hurt.

Great advice, EXCEPT name changes are not allowed on Early Saver, so none of what you say makes any sense.

This is apparently an Early Saver, so finding someone to add in place of DIL won't work as the bookings are not transferrable.

DIL can't be a no-show, as she will not be making her Final Payment (presumably) and one way or the other that booking will be cancelled, leaving Son with Single Supplement.

The least expensive solution would be for son to add a friend to his room, which will be at the current rates 2nd passenger.

Otherwise I'd contact PVP and explore the costs associated moving Daughter to Sons cabin.

ken

Great advice, EXCEPT name changes are not allowed on Early Saver, so none of what you say makes any sense.

huh?

This is apparently an Early Saver, so finding someone to add in place of DIL won't work as the bookings are not transferrable.

DIL can't be a no-show, as she will not be making her Final Payment (presumably) and one way or the other that booking will be cancelled, leaving Son with Single Supplement.

The least expensive solution would be for son to add a friend to his room, which will be at the current rates 2nd passenger.

Otherwise I'd contact PVP and explore the costs associated moving Daughter to Sons cabin.

ken

I agree with Ken, definitely call your PVP. I tried to change some stuff on our ES rate and was told no by one Carnival rep and called again and was able to remove one name from the reservation and add another without incurring any charges. A phone call never hurts, good luck :)

Do you have anyone else that would like to go and share a room with DS? Does he have a buddy that would like to attend or a family member? If so have them book in with your DS and have them and your soon to be ex DIL switch once on board. Then you don't lose any $$ paid. You could even pay some of the new persons cruise fare since it would keep you from losing $$ in the end.

huh?

And some say this early saver program is not confusing:rolleyes:

Good grief!

Op I agree with Old sole if you just pay your dil's final payment and she is a no show then once on board switch people.

As long as the cabin is paid in full no matter who pays it and she is a no show your son can keep the cabin......

No name changes with this program according to the fine print.......regardless of who got away with it.....it doesn't mean you will.

Do you have anyone else that would like to go and share a room with DS? Does he have a buddy that would like to attend or a family member? If so have them book in with your DS and have them and your soon to be ex DIL switch once on board. Then you don't lose any $$ paid. You could even pay some of the new persons cruise fare since it would keep you from losing $$ in the end.

NO name changes! If the soon-to-be-ex DIL is not going, how can anyone switch? :eek:

Good grief. Does anyone really have a clue what is or is not allowed? I read the literature when they introduced the rate, but the scenarios some people are coming up with are just too convoluted.

This is why I didn't jump all over an ES rate. Besides the fact that my existing rate is lower than anything else, including the ES.

I'm not 100% sure my DD will be sailing with me.

Oh, but everyone thinks they're getting such a wonderful rate and that they're sure that there won't be any need to cancel or make any changes.

Life isn't quite set in stone after all, I guess.

Just wait and call your PVP. If I call mine on a weekend and leave a voicemail, he always calls me back within a few hours.

But it doesn't sound like this is an "emergency" so if you have to wait until Monday, nothing will change between now and then.

Archived