No Incentives Offered

shabri

Hi,

I have made many inquiries about booking a cruise...none of them seem to offer any incentive. Is this a normal occurence?

What kind of incentive are you looking for?

Past guest rate? Resident rate?

There are sales periodically but not sure what exactly you are looking for.

Hi,

I have made many inquiries about booking a cruise...none of them seem to offer any incentive. Is this a normal occurence?

Why don't you look at the group cruises on these boards, they offer some incentives for booking with them. Like ship board credit, bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, some have lower hotel rates.

Hi,

All the incentives I need are a number of days away from work, exotic ports of call and a beautiful ship to enjoy!:rolleyes:

I was hoping for on board credit or paid travel insurance.

You can still find these through particular TA's and sometimes it's for particulars sailings. I've ususally seen these offers with TA's that specialize in cruise bookings. These won't be offered through CCL direct.

Since you're newer to CC, just in case you're unaware, we're not supposed to list names of particular agencies.

Hi,

I booked a cruise with Carnival a couple of months ago (directly), then set out to find a TA to transfer the booking to if I could get any good incentives. It's me and two girlfriends, and we want to save as much money as possible. I pretty much just looked at online TAs (yes, there is a risk there...try to do research to find a good, reputable one!). I only ever found one that offered anything decent for a Carnival sailing, so we went with them. I don't know what the cost would have been if we booked through them, but we were able to transfer the booking with no extra cost at all. They don't charge any fees and have paid for our gratuities ($70 each). He has sent me confirmations so that I know he's paid everything to Carnival. Very easy to work with. If you're interested in the company, you can email me at foreternity7@aol.com.

Many of the popular on-line sites offer $XX Mastercard for booking. there are several that offer pre-paid trip insurance (I'd carefully check out the coverage). Many local TA's will offer OBC or perks. Most all of these come out of their Commission.

Your TA can most likely set you up in one of their "Group" bookings where you get a lower Group Rate and some perks including wine, obc, etc.

Carnival's "standard" rate is the FunSelect Rate. You can checkout the various CashBack, Early Saver offerings and the Past Guest, 55+, Residency and Military Rates that are all less than the FunSelect.

Also, if you are flexible and shop amongst different sailings, dates, itineraries you'll often find offers that include several deck upgrades at the time of booking.

ken

You will occasionally see offers of paid gratuities or insurance but those offers come from TAs not Carnival itself. I am subscribed to what feels like about 50 online TAs and get offers in my inbox every single day. Do a search for these agencies (just google "discount cruise" and you will get a zillion). Each has a place where you can sign up for email offers. During January and February I was getting offers like you want just about every day. But, we are coming into high season now, so even with the economy tanked, I believe that the offers will be less as cruises are selling better.

Archived