Pay no attention to me...just celebrating booking my first cruise!!

Hi folks.

Just wanted to shout from the rooftops that it is official! I have booked Freedom of the Seas, room 6640, as our first cruise. This will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and we actually will be on the cruise on the day.

Now I just have to figure out how to get one of those counter thingies on my signature.:p

Congratulations! ! ! You will be hooked. We did our 10th anniversary celebration on our first cruise (actually also celebrated my parents 50th). We are looking forward to our 3rd cruise in just a few weeks.

Enjoy.

Erika

Hi folks.

Just wanted to shout from the rooftops that it is official! I have booked Freedom of the Seas, room 6640, as our first cruise. This will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and we actually will be on the cruise on the day.

Now I just have to figure out how to get one of those counter thingies on my signature.:p

Well done, a positive post, enjoy your cruise, you are about to embark on a very expensive addiction. You should now join Cruisers Anonymous...

Congraduations as well, you'll be hooked, and ready to plan your next cruise when you get back home. I begged my husband to please let us go on a cruise and his response was why do you want to go and sit on a boat? Well, guess what now we have a somewhat family reunion on the voyager of the seas for december and that in fact was his idea. Our first cruise was on the mariner of the seas and loved it. I know the freedom will be great as well - my friends as well as cruise critics love it. have fun! :)

Well done, a positive post, enjoy your cruise, you are about to embark on a very expensive addiction. You should now join Cruisers Anonymous...

I couldn't agree more, we love cruising.

Hi folks.

You have just made a very expensive choice. ;)

Now you will want to cruise every time you are able to take a vacation.

Seeing as how I'd have to sift through thousands of posts to find the answer I'm looking for, a booking thread seems to be an adequate place to ask this question.

Once the cruise is booked, how are payments made? I know there's at least 2 payments made. Can somebody give me the process? I don't really want to go actually booking this thing until I know when I'll need the money, and how much I'll need.

Thanks

Seeing as how I'd have to sift through thousands of posts to find the answer I'm looking for, a booking thread seems to be an adequate place to ask this question.

Once the cruise is booked, how are payments made? I know there's at least 2 payments made. Can somebody give me the process? I don't really want to go actually booking this thing until I know when I'll need the money, and how much I'll need.

Thanks

Unless you book during a "wow" sale, you will typically need a $500 deposit. The rest can be paid in whatever time-frame you choose, so long as it is paid off by the final payment date (which is around 2 months before your sail date).

Congrats!! I agree with the pp, when someone books, it is exciting for all of us. ;)

We went on our first cruise almost exactly 1 year ago and we are now hooked. Just went on our second and are prepping for the 3rd in 98 days. We also have future cruise certs for Disney and RCCL. We have cruise ideas planned for the next 2 years. So, yes, this is an expensive addiction. :D

Have a fun time planning for the next 2 years.

Congrats to you!

I booked my 1st cruise in Jan and felt the same excitement as you. It is also for my 10th wedding anniv.

We are going on the Liberty in June and I'm getting pretty excited!

Hi folks.

Congratulations. Our first cruise was to celebrate our 10th anniversary and that 23 years ago and we've been cruising ever since.

Thanks

how did you book the cruise??? if you used a TA, you can pretty much pay them when you want, however much you want...as long as it's done by final payment date.

if you booked on line or thru RCCL on the phone, you can pay on line, call them to pay or even mail a check/money order to them (use priorty or express mail to their address that can be found on their website...and make sure to use delviery confirmation....)

You will need only the deposit at booking...the amount depends on the length of cruise (ie a 7 day cruise is 250 per person....) . Then, you must pay the rest before the final payment date.

HTH

If no one has directed you to your ship's Roll Call, here it is, just find your sail date and then start making friends with everyone..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261

It's the best way to spend your 1 year, 11 months and 2 days!!!

Thanks.

I didn't see one has been started (probably because it is too far away for most people to be booking) so I started one myself.

Congrats! We booked our first cruise on the Song of Norway in 83 and I STILL GET AS EXCITED as you are today every time we book. This is my first time that I joined CC and I have learned so much! Be sure to sign up for the meet-and-mingle. May this be your first of many happy cruises to come.

Archived