The Prepaid Gratuities Removed List

Wennfred

This is obviously a joke. They do not post a list like this. Where are the names then? I don't believe this for a second.

With two credible sources, I think you lose this one.

I too will be writing a letter to Carnival and complaining that this list was left in a place that was visible to other cruisers during a tour. In my opinion it should not even be available to staff until AFTER a cruise is over. It is rather unsettling the number of people who advise to watch ones toothbrush and food in the event it is fiddled with because of tips that were taken off. I expect professionalish from the people who are handling my food and if they DO tamper with my food, that is a criminal offense and should be punished as such.

Given that almost 100% of you say you leave EXTRA above the suggested gratuity, I can't see where they are losing any money. Quite frankly if you guys are leaving anywehre near what you claim, they are making a really good living, though I think many exaggerate for whatever reason. I never leave extra because they do exactly what I expect them to, deliver great service, which is what I'm paying for.

It is a shame that you feel that way. I feel bad for your wait staff, room steward, and whoever else you have wait on you while on your cruise. I guess tipping $2.00 per meal seems appropriate. And that's if they divide your $10 by only 5 (waitstaff x3 meals, room steward, maitre d). When was the last time you were able to get a meal the quality of what you receive on a cruise ship for less than $13.25 per meal with only 15% gratuity. I'm astonished at the ignorance shown by people who cruise. I would hate to work on a cruise ship and have to depend on tips as my only income. I guess those of us who believe in "over-tipping" take up the slack from the ones who like to slide in just under the radar!!!!!! Thank goodness our world is made up of people who only do what is required. Forget the fact that giving a little bit extra helps our economy, our livelihoods, and each other. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for only doing what is required. No wonder we live in a me, me, me society!!!!!!!!

This is obviously a joke. They do not post a list like this. Where are the names then? I don't believe this for a second.

It's amazing the ignorance shown on this thread. Fred could not show the names as that is a privacy issue. Yea, Fred sits up all day and night trying to figure out ways of creating false paperwork so people like you can having something else to complain about..... wow!!!!! And, don't forget to wear your aluminum foil hat so the super x-rays don't melt your brain and cause brain damage!!!!!!!!

It's amazing the ignorance shown on this thread. Fred could not show the names as that is a privacy issue. Yea, Fred sits up all day and night trying to figure out ways of creating false paperwork so people like you can having something else to complain about..... wow!!!!! And, don't forget to wear your aluminum foil hat so the super x-rays don't melt your brain and cause brain damage!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe call Carnival and ask. I talked to a representative and they said it was ridiculous. They said Carnival would never post that. I bet this thread gets removed soon, because I told Carnival about it and now it's making the company look bad.

Fred, Thanks for posting that picture. I know for a fact that is DOES exsit.

On a cruise about a year ago a group of over 200 all opened their accounts with CASH. During the cruise they "had too much fun" and ran out of money. They ALL removed their auto-tips. The next morning when the baggage was removed from the ship it was not suprising that a lot of baggage did not have tags on them. The porters just put them all in one large pile. Pay backs are hell.

Fred, Thanks for posting that picture. I know for a fact that is DOES exsit.

On a cruise about a year ago a group of over 200 all opened their accounts with CASH. During the cruise they "had too much fun" and ran out of money. They ALL removed their auto-tips. The next morning when the baggage was removed from the ship it was not suprising that a lot of baggage did not have tags on them. The porters just put them all in one large pile. Pay backs are hell.

Well then the moral of that story is don't tip them if they only treat people well that tip them well.

I just called Carnival and they said they do not post a list of people who remove gratutities. So unless your calling the Carnival reps liars, the original poster made that up.

You MUST be new here, if you think 1-888-Carnival is a reliable source of information. Two long-time posters with no history of rumor-mongering have both confirmed it's true. You should quit while you're behind.

You MUST be new here, if you think 1-888-Carnival is a reliable source of information. Two long-time posters with no history of rumor-mongering have both confirmed it's true. You should quit while you're behind.

If you don't belive it, call Carnival and ask. I just forwarded a link to this thread to Carnival. We'll see how long this fraud lasts now when Carnival gets involved.

If you don't believe call Carnival and ask. I talked to a representative and they said it was ridiculous. They said Carnival would never post that. I bet this thread gets removed soon, because I told Carnival about it and now it's making the company look bad.

girlsassylarge.gif

Their offices close at 5:00 est...over an hour ago. :rolleyes: :p

I dont normally quote myself, but speaking of rumor-mongering....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18891634&highlight=#post18891634

:) ;)

See now I know your a liar. You can call Carnival 24 hours a day. Or at least late into the night. Give them a call and see if anyone answers.

I believe the point was that the 24 hour booking agents are not the reliable source of shipboard policies you think they are. You need to speak to HQ staff, who will not be available after 5pm EST.

Keep diggng that hole though. ;)

I have also been reluctant to get into this again, but here goes. I believe a tip is an extra for work done above and beyond. I always tip generously at meals and for service. I do not like the prepay at all. In fact on my last cruise on the second day I went to the guest relations desk and asked to remove the tips and put aside cash in the safe for the end of the trip. It was more than apparent that the room steward had been advised of this because after the second day we never again got turn down service. We still had our room cleaned in the AM, but nothing in the evening. We would return after dinner to a dark room. I thought at first he may have forgotten, but when it happened the next 2 days I knew I was being paid back. Well I did not leave him any tip at all due to this behavior. He only hurt himself by not doing his job as described. Also, on the last day we were charged for a bill from a bar we never went to and also a bottle of water from the room. From this experience I do feel that they will only do their job if the tip is secured and that is not what a tip is for. Now I am sure some of you will say this is what I should expect for doing it the way I did, but I don't agree. Believe it or not, I had every intention of tipping, but not for substandard service.

Methinks someone is just trying to push things until this whole thread gets removed...just ignore them and keep this alive.

:cool:

Good point. I've never reduced/removed auto-tips, and have added cash many times. I also don't think it's any of my business what other pax do with their tips. I don't agree with the "it impacts all of us" argument either. Someone would have to make a convincing argument against those who book private vs. Carnival sponsored excursions, it's roughly the same net impact.

Methinks someone is just trying to push things until this whole thread gets removed...just ignore them and keep this alive.

:cool:

Agreed. Again, if people have a complaint with their steward, server, etc., they should address the purser, and/or note it on their comment card. These cards are read after every cruise, and the good and bad comments noted. Promotions are based on good comments. Instead of punishing everyone by removing the tips, center on the people who you feel did not give outstanding service.

I am not sure that I like the idea of being on that list...it is kind of like being blacklisted in my opinion. And you may not necessarily be not tipping them, but tipping them for the service they provide.

My question to Carnival would be why they would put that list out before the cruise is over? No telling what the head of housekeeping my slip into your bed for you - maybe a sea lion's head if'n he is italian? :(

Attention.....we all know Carnival watches the boards and I was contacted by them to put this statement on this thread....it's from someone many would recognize the name but I'll not post it.......but it is pretty high up on the ladder there. ;)

From Carnival:

"It is not standard protocol for information regarding which guests have removed the pre-paid gratuities from their shipboard accounts to be provided to crew members during the course of a voyage. Crew members do not receive this information until after the voyage is completed and guests have disembarked. In this particular instance, the information should not have been posted and shoreside management is in communication with this vessel to ensure that it doesn't happen again. We appreciate that this was brought to our attention."

I keep waiting for someone to mention this because it isn't my info, but it was on another post.

But when this list was mentioned before, someone said the list was not put up so the staff can stick it to the cruiser or that it is a shame list. They said the list was really to hold the staff accountable and that when a cruiser removed their tips there were questioned why and really held them accountable.

Hopefully the source of the info will explain further as I do not remember when I read it. But it completely makes sense to me.

Attention.....we all know Carnival watches the boards and I was contacted by them to put this statement on this thread....it's from someone many would recognize the name but I'll not post it.......but it is pretty high up on the ladder there. ;)

Given that, I'm kinda suprised you didn't lock the thread. :confused:

I am not sure that I like the idea of being on that list...it is kind of like being blacklisted in my opinion. And you may not necessarily be not tipping them, but tipping them for the service they provide.

My question to Carnival would be why they would put that list out before the cruise is over? No telling what the head of housekeeping my slip into your bed for you - maybe a sea lion's head if'n he is italian? :(

It probably was circulated because there was a rush of people who thought that they would "show carnival" buy removing their auto tips in anger over the cancellation of the Mexican ports. :rolleyes:

Archived