Get your hot dogs.

tlw440

Ok, you all, well most of you have convinced me to try a hot dog on my next Carnival cruise. I have enjoyed the burgers at the grill occasionally, but never the hotdogs. I dont eat hotdogs often, but when I do, I have high expectations. So your recommendations have convinced me to try one next time. I guess I feel the same way about beer. I hardly ever drink the stuff, but a hotdog has to be accompanied by a beer for me. Cant have one without the other! :D Hotdog, here I come next September! ( with a beer )

I have been following this thread all day. I have also been trying to fight the nausea of a stomach bug and some of your posts have either had me in stitches or heave ho-ing. Maybe the dogs are Koegels brand from Michigan! (so good) Can't wait till next year to have one!

I have been following this thread all day. I have also been trying to fight the nausea of a stomach bug and some of your posts have either had me in stitches or heave ho-ing. Maybe the dogs are Koegels brand from Michigan! (so good) Can't wait till next year to have one!

I hope you get over your stomach bug.:( I will try to eat a hot dog for you in three weeks.:D

I had wondered if perhaps Nathans is what Carnival is using. I buy them at Sams all the time for a cheap lunch. 2 dogs and a drink for three bucks.

When I board a ship, the first thing I do is get a DOD, a Carny BUrger, and a Carny Dog (but no bread.)

I never had a hot dog on a cruise neither, but you are all making me wish I had......with that being said...I will be on the Freedom in Oct, so instead of hitting the CROWDED buffet, are the grills open when we first get on board....(we will hopefully be on board by noon).

Yes they are, normally at the grill on the Lido deck!!

When I'm at home, I rarely eat hot dogs, (it's a weird aversion left over from when I was pregnant) but when I'm at Disneyworld, stadiums or camping, I can't seem to get enough of them. So for me, I know its the atmosphere.

I Never thought to try them on my cruise, but you all have me convinced. Just one concern brought up earlier but never answered. Are there hot dogs skinless or with casings? Something about the texture of biting into the casing just turns me off. Koegel's from Michigan are about the best hot dogs in the world, but I can only eat the skinless.

I never thought I'd sit and read 6 pages about hot dogs! This is making me so hungry for one, and I have never had one on the ship either. Because of all this talk, and everyone getting converted, now we won't be able to even get to the hot dog/hamburger grill lol. Does anyone know if they have the cheese sauce or onion rings on the Legend, or the chicken? I hear the steak sandwiches are gone. What is served at the grill on the Legend?

the hotdogs but no bun...I get 2 at a time and smother them with the chilli......I must eat 10 to 12 dogs on a 7day cruise like that......I think to myself ........"no bun is leaving room for the cheeseburger and fries"

I just love them ...that is where I head once I get on the ship!!!!!!

I do not want to lose the taste of the delicious weiner by some cheap bun.

I sometimes just grab one and eat it like alone. I dont even want mustard or ketchup sometimes.

Sometimes I get a burger,a dn the server looks at me like I am crazy when I say, no bun, just the dog.

AND...I save about 100 calories!!!

ok I was the last to post and now the first to post!!! I had to go out and get a hot dog with chili and cheese and onions today. I went to the rootbeer stand. OMG It was good but I know it doesn't beat the dogs on the ship

Maybe this is a no no, but I thought I would revive this thread for the poster who is asking about the brand of Carnival hot dogs. They really must be very good, and I will have to try one the first day of my next cruise.:)

On our Pride cruise last summer, my DGrD's friend asked about the hot dogs (she doesn't eat pork for religious reasons). We were told they were all beef. I love hot dogs and I'd heard so much about Carnival hot dogs I couldn't wait to try one. I wasn't all that impressed. Too big and I didn't care for the roll.... different strokes for different folks !! Gained 5 lbs. so there sure were plenty of other things I did like.

Archived