Get your hot dogs.

tlw440

WOW!! I guess we really missed something -- it really hadn't occurred to us to have a hot dog with all of the "fancier" stuff just a few feet away. Sometimes simple things are the best -- and we'll make sure we try a hot dog on our upcoming Freedom cruise!

I gotta say-I read this thread before we left for our 4/17 cruise on the Liberty. Because of this thread I made a point to get a hot dog (something I probably would have just skipped) and it WAS a really good hot dog! I'll be sure not miss them next year.

Just wanted to let all of you know I tried asking Carnival:

To Whom it May Concern:

I have an unusual question to ask and want to let the cruise critic forum know the answer - seems your hot dogs are awesome and a lot of people want to know what brand of hot dog you order for the cruise ships. Everyone is raging about them:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=984323

Either send me the answer, or post it for the madding crowd? THANKS - I can't wait to try these hot dogs in July on my very first Carnival cruise!!!

No answer yet - but here's a challenge for all of you soon-to-be-cruising ~

Please ask one of the line staff what brand of hot dogs Carnival uses. We're all just dying to know! This is really bugging me now....and after carefully reading through the threads of this post, no one has yet to answer the question!!!!!!!!

I have discovered various broken links - but no proof - that CCL may be using a brand of hot dogs called Hoffy's (this is totally unconfirmed so don't quote me saying this is what they are).

logo_Hoffy_thn.jpg

So, I wrote a letter to Square-H Brands:

Question a lot of folk want to know:

Seems that the rage onboard Carnival Cruise ships are their hot dogs. I did some searching and found various broken links that seem to hint that Hoffy's Hot Dogs are the same brand that Carnival Cruise lines use.

Can you please verify this?

Thanks,

John

I really need to get to the bottom of this one and will post their answer soonest.

I've already added it to my "to do" list!

When I was on Destiny in March I saw the hot dogs, but only had the cheeseburgers (which were really good!). I plan on trying a hot dog next month on Dream. If I'm remembering correctly, they had sauerkraut there for the dogs??

Definitely having a hot dog on a cruise is the thing to do - you can get hamburgers anywhere - or let's just say everyone can tell you where to get a greatu burger - not always so for hot dogs!!!

I always make it a point to have a hot dog (and fries of course) while cruising - also love the toppings. I think the secret is the ocean air - since the grill is kinda 'outside' - the hot dogs are infused with the warm ocean breezes and salt air - just makes them that much yummier! :D

I'm DREAM'n of my Hotdog in 12 days:)

I'll try to remember to ask a line person which brand they use. Or maybe have someone on our Roll Call doing the Behind the Fun tour ask. Another 2Do item for this cruise, And I'm suppose to be on vacay:D

My family doesn't ever eat hot dogs, but one of us discovered the pleasures of them in April and now we're all addicted! :) Looking forward to upcoming Dream cruise in June so we can indulge in our favorite creation: two hot dogs with chili and cheese, no bun. A few fries on the side. You've just gotta try it! I really hope it's not an excess of nitrites that makes them so delicious. Hoping someone will remember to ask what brand and post the response here so I'll know before I go.

• 6 months later...

Archived