RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

The first was our pick-up from the airport. Our US Airways flight was about 30 min. late getting in and then our lugguge was amoung the last to come off.

I was wondering if you could tell me how your flights with US Air went, we are booked on them also to Rome, to arrive at 9:30AM and depart 11:50.

Were the flights comfortable(as much as they can be when they are that long), I see your arrival was slightly delayed how about your departure? Thanks for any info.

I'll try to answer all the questions starting with the US Airways flights. We were fairly pleased with US Airways. Yes, the seats are small. The plane we had from Charlotte to Rome had 2 seats of either side and 4 in the middle. We all had the 2 seats. The crew were nice and most of us either listened to music or watched movies all the way there. There was adequate overhead room for roll-on bags but not alot of foot room or under the next seat. I think we were too excited to sleep much all though we tried. The food was not that bad for airplane food. I was pleased they had a decent gluten-free dinner for my oldest DD. They also had a vegetarian pasta for my other DD that she liked. Although the flight did seem long and tiring (I lost track of how many hours we were airborn) it was without incident. We landed about 30 min. late and it took awhile to get our luggage. One of our pieces was among the last offloaded and we were a little worried, but all arrived safely.

For the return flight Rome to Philly - We exited ship effortlessly but Terminal 5 took over an hour to clear through, then shuttle to 3 then a long walk to the gate. We still had about an hour wait though. My best recommendation for a 11:50 flight is to self disembark and go directly to the airport. Better to wait there than run into problems. Flight was on schedule. For the flight back unfortunately we had a flight attendant that was not quite on the ball as much. Once they forgot to distribute pretzels to our side and then another we did not get our drinks until well after finishing the meal. The plane was the same but for some reason the foot room seemed more an issue. Maybe it was because we were tired. This flight took off and landed on time, all luggage arrived but one bag had a small rip on an outside pocket. Those things can happen traveling. The meal was not bad (once again had my DD's special meals) but if you can skip the sandwich they bring you about an hour before landing please do so. The sandwich was mediocre at best, a cheese and type of meat sauce. I ate it and wished I had not. Both my husband and I had some stomach problems later that we think was due to the sandwich since that was the only thing both of us ate. The gluten-free and veggie sandwich was also pretty bad, a cold grilled eggplant and pepper. DD said if it had been hot it might have been edible.

All in all I would not hesitate to use US Airways again if the price was cheaper. I would likely carry a few more snacks with me. Philly actually took longer getting through customs than I had anticipated. I think about 3 international flights came in about the same time. We had 2 1/2 hours between our connecting flights and made it to the gate 30 min. ahead of boarding. I would not want less than 2 hours between connecting in case you hit the long lines like we did.

For each of the RIL drivers I either tipped 15% for the short transfers, or 20% for the long one for Pompeii. For both of our guides, Kathryn at the Vatican and Elvira at Pompei/Herculaneum we tipped 20%. We were extremely pleased. Regarding Euros, they did take some getting used to, more when shopping. I tried to imagine in my mind 1 1/2 times the euro price listed to give me an estimate of the us dollar equivalent. For each of the tours I had an envelope and kept the money for those seperate.

For the castle tour, I think I saw it listed somewhere originally on this board. My MIL continuously had asked about a castle so when I looked into it I emailed Jany to ask about costs and feasibility. The link to the castle is http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.odescalchi.it/&ei=KJ0dTuraDKb00gH9qsC7Bw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcastello%2Bodescalchi%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D772%26bih%3D462%26prmd%3Divnscm. I emailed them ahead to reserve and ask questions about times for tours. I'm glad I printed and took the emails with me (which I did for all our tours) since there was the initial issue over paying extra for a private tour (which got straight thanks to our wonderful RIL driver Mauro). We really loved the castle and it was a nice addition to the trip.

If I missed any questions or can help further, please let me know. These boards were invaluable for me when planning and I'm glad to pass along info.

Edited by wantocruisemore

I'll try to answer all the questions starting with the US Airways flights. We were fairly pleased with US Airways. Yes, the seats are small. The plane we had from Charlotte to Rome had 2 seats of either side and 4 in the middle. We all had the 2 seats. The crew were nice and most of us either listened to music or watched movies all the way there. There was adequate overhead room for roll-on bags but not alot of foot room or under the next seat. I think we were too excited to sleep much all though we tried. The food was not that bad for airplane food. I was pleased they had a decent gluten-free dinner for my oldest DD. They also had a vegetarian pasta for my other DD that she liked. Although the flight did seem long and tiring (I lost track of how many hours we were airborn) it was without incident. We landed about 30 min. late and it took awhile to get our luggage. One of our pieces was among the last offloaded and we were a little worried, but all arrived safely.

For the return flight Rome to Philly - We exited ship effortlessly but Terminal 5 took over an hour to clear through, then shuttle to 3 then a long walk to the gate. We still had about an hour wait though. My best recommendation for a 11:50 flight is to self disembark and go directly to the airport. Better to wait there than run into problems. Flight was on schedule. For the flight back unfortunately we had a flight attendant that was not quite on the ball as much. Once they forgot to distribute pretzels to our side and then another we did not get our drinks until well after finishing the meal. The plane was the same but for some reason the foot room seemed more an issue. Maybe it was because we were tired. This flight took off and landed on time, all luggage arrived but one bag had a small rip on an outside pocket. Those things can happen traveling. The meal was not bad (once again had my DD's special meals) but if you can skip the sandwich they bring you about an hour before landing please do so. The sandwich was mediocre at best, a cheese and type of meat sauce. I ate it and wished I had not. Both my husband and I had some stomach problems later that we think was due to the sandwich since that was the only thing both of us ate. The gluten-free and veggie sandwich was also pretty bad, a cold grilled eggplant and pepper. DD said if it had been hot it might have been edible.

All in all I would not hesitate to use US Airways again if the price was cheaper. I would likely carry a few more snacks with me. Philly actually took longer getting through customs than I had anticipated. I think about 3 international flights came in about the same time. We had 2 1/2 hours between our connecting flights and made it to the gate 30 min. ahead of boarding. I would not want less than 2 hours between connecting in case you hit the long lines like we did.

For each of the RIL drivers I either tipped 15% for the short transfers, or 20% for the long one for Pompeii. For both of our guides, Kathryn at the Vatican and Elvira at Pompei/Herculaneum we tipped 20%. We were extremely pleased. Regarding Euros, they did take some getting used to, more when shopping. I tried to imagine in my mind 1 1/2 times the euro price listed to give me an estimate of the us dollar equivalent. For each of the tours I had an envelope and kept the money for those seperate.

For the castle tour, I think I saw it listed somewhere originally on this board. My MIL continuously had asked about a castle so when I looked into it I emailed Jany to ask about costs and feasibility. The link to the castle is http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.odescalchi.it/&ei=KJ0dTuraDKb00gH9qsC7Bw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcastello%2Bodescalchi%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D772%26bih%3D462%26prmd%3Divnscm. I emailed them ahead to reserve and ask questions about times for tours. I'm glad I printed and took the emails with me (which I did for all our tours) since there was the initial issue over paying extra for a private tour (which got straight thanks to our wonderful RIL driver Mauro). We really loved the castle and it was a nice addition to the trip.

If I missed any questions or can help further, please let me know. These boards were invaluable for me when planning and I'm glad to pass along info.

Thanks for all the info again, we are supposed to be picked up by RIL at 8AM for our trip back to the airport for our 11:50 flight, do you think that's early enough?

Haven't had any luck yet getting an answer to my emails from the castle, hopefully soon.

Appreciate the tip on the "tips," for RIL it was pretty much the amount I was planning. I hope our trips are as good as yours!!

Thanks for all the info again, we are supposed to be picked up by RIL at 8AM for our trip back to the airport for our 11:50 flight, do you think that's early enough?

Haven't had any luck yet getting an answer to my emails from the castle, hopefully soon.

Appreciate the tip on the "tips," for RIL it was pretty much the amount I was planning. I hope our trips are as good as yours!!

8am is exactly the pick-up time that we had reserved for our 11:50am flight. We left our cabins at 7:30am, caught an elevator immediately and 10 min. later were walking out of the tent. Our driver was already there waiting for us so we left as soon as he loaded the bags in the van.

You will be fine! Have a great cruise and trip. Wishing I was returning soon.

wantocruisemore...

Thanks so much for the castle info. It looks gorgeous! I will get with Romeinlimo and see if there is anyway I can add this to our day in Orvieto. It looks like something different. I have been into Rome on so many occasions that I really want to do something different next year.

Romeinlimo is amazing... and even more amazing that Jany is one woman! :)

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to plan our time in Rome and want to see as much as possible during our short time in port. I know there are other posts about price quotes and information all over these boards but with all my searching I can't seem to find that info I KNOW I've come across before......please help! those who have used romeinlimo before or any other company that was equally as good and comparative in price....thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

We used Rome in Limo for 3 tours on our recent Med cruise. All were exceptional and they were very professional. Vehicles were new Mercedes mini van / mini bus type vehicles and they took us down back roads that no normal buses would get to. They got us very close to all the sites and reduced th eamount of walking required, allowing us to see more. Overall, we highly recommend RIL . If you are interested you can see additional details including a photo review of all the sites we saw via the link in my signature below.

I wanted to provide some details and visuals on our Saturday, June 11, adventure from Naples. Working with the RomeInLimo staff was great. We also did a stop near Pisa that worked out so well. From the below live/blog, you can see lots more details.

In this posting, i especially wanted to spotlight our great guide-driver from Romeinlimo, Carmine! Our group of eight experienced a totally wonderful day. First, it was driving through the mountains south of Naples that they call “the little Switzerland” as we moved towards Ravello. Carmine told us about his love of Naples and this whole area. There were great Italian songs on the CD as we went through the mountains. Carmine stopped to get and share some fresh fruit from a roadside stand and told us a few jokes, including what Italians view as what the letters in the name of their car company, FIAT, mean. He said that car name means “Fix It Again, Tony”. F. I. A. T.!! We were riding in a nice Mercedes van!!

When in the Naples-Amalfi area in 1999, we had not seen this "top" part of this coastal region. We previously had lunch overlooking the beach at Chez Black in Positano, but we had not gone farther east from that point to see these areas that we reached this year. It was wonderful to see so much more during this visit. Ravello overlooks the Gulf of Salerno and the Mediterranean. Ravello is famed as a place where Wagner composed many music pieces, famous (Gore Vidal) lived/wrote at La Rondinaia (The Swallow's Nest) and many others visited for the great views. Then we went through several of the charming towns along this coast, including Atrani and Amalfi, traveling narrow, twisted routes with steep terraces above and below us. It was great to have Carmine do the driving while I was taking pictures and the others enjoyed the great views and sights. We wanted to have lunch in a smaller, less tourist place and Carmine came up with the perfect, super scenic location.

Our lunch location was right above Positano as the sun came out in full force to offer the best views one could ever hope for or seek. Lunch? It was a super treat, family-style, plus views, wine, drinks, etc.!!! Then, we drove to the Bay of Naples side, through parts of Sorrento on the way to the historic area of Herculaneum. Great and enjoyable day. Just wanted to make sure that Carmine and Romeinlimo got proper credit for doing a wonderful job that was a highlight of our trip. Here are more pictures to document that it was really as great as claimed.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 21,349 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2011, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 46,531 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Appreciate those who have “tuned in” for these two posts. Don’t be shy and feel free to comment and/or ask any questions of interest.

As he drove through the “Little Switzerland” mountains, Carmine was driving, singing, telling us fun stories, making sure we did the right and best photo stops, etc. :

NaplesCarmineDrivingMtns.jpg

At our lunch place beautifully above Positano, here is Carmine posing next to the sign at this enjoyable stop.:

NaplesCarmineAtLunch.jpg

This was one of the great views of Positano as we did a photo stop just east of this beautiful location.:

PositanoOverall2011View.jpg

Near Ravello and at other locations along the Amalfi Coast, we saw many examples of how the mountainside were terraced and used to grow citrus and other products.:

AmalfiTerracedMtsSides.jpg

From our dining location, here was another example of the spectacular view towards Positano and west along this scenic coastal regional of Italy.:

PositanoDiningOverviewTwo.jpg

Were people happy? Here’s Amy and Milt from Central Ohio smiling and enjoying Ravello and its beautiful views for nearby mountains, villages and coastlines.:

NaplesAmyMiltVeryHappyRavello.jpg

We just returned from a 12 day cruise and 3 day Rome tour on June 19. We began using Romeinlimo years ago, when Duman was in his second year of business. We had fantastic tours then, and now, and the two times in between. We have used Romeinlimo for airport transfers, ship transfers, and tours in Florence, Positano-three times- and Messina/Taormina, Vatican tours, as well as Rome four separate visits, Assisi, and the countryside including a winery, Pompeii, Sorrento, Castel Gandolfo, you name it, we've been there with our Romeinlimo drivers. We've been wowed and impressed with every single tour, with every single driver, and all of the wonderful customized tours we've chosen. I can honestly tell you I would not consider another tour company especially since the customer service before, during, and after touring is fabulous. We've been fortunate to use Romeinlimo for all of our needs in Italy for four out of the past five years. We have taken friends with us two of the four times we've been, and they still tell all their friends about Romeinlimo's drivers, service and experiences. I'm not a 'plant', all our tours are real, we've paid for all of them, we've been 100 percent satisfied and then some. Consistency of their excellent service is what keeps me with Romeinlimo. pburkardt@aol.com if u have any questions. be sure to specify what you want in the subject column because i have a high spam blocker

We just returned from a 12 day cruise and 3 day Rome tour on June 19. We began using Romeinlimo years ago, when Duman was in his second year of business. We had fantastic tours then, and now, and the two times in between. We have used Romeinlimo for airport transfers, ship transfers, and tours in Florence, Positano-three times- and Messina/Taormina, Vatican tours, as well as Rome four separate visits, Assisi, and the countryside including a winery, Pompeii, Sorrento, Castel Gandolfo, you name it, we've been there with our Romeinlimo drivers. We've been wowed and impressed with every single tour, with every single driver, and all of the wonderful customized tours we've chosen. I can honestly tell you I would not consider another tour company especially since the customer service before, during, and after touring is fabulous. We've been fortunate to use Romeinlimo for all of our needs in Italy for four out of the past five years. We have taken friends with us two of the four times we've been, and they still tell all their friends about Romeinlimo's drivers, service and experiences. I'm not a 'plant', all our tours are real, we've paid for all of them, we've been 100 percent satisfied and then some. Consistency of their excellent service is what keeps me with Romeinlimo. pburkardt@aol.com if u have any questions. be sure to specify what you want in the subject column because i have a high spam blocker

I absolutely agree with you. We have used RomeInLimo multiple times (Rome, Naples, Florence, transfers) and I would never use anyone else again in those locations for my tours. They have always exceeded my expectations and that's very important when you're paying that much for private tours. RomeInLimo's drivers are on time, courteous, extremely knowledgeable, and very interested in customizing their tours to your personal needs and interests. They seem to select their drivers very carefully and we have always been thrilled. You're right - the consistency and excellent service are so important. I think RomeInLimo is very careful not to overbook, so you never get a driver with very little experience. RomeInLimo has consistently made each of our tours a peak experience and I highly recommend them. Jany and Duman do an exceptional job!

We used RomeInLimo twice for Rome. They do a fantastic job. At first, the price for any of these tours seems high but I can say with confidence it is worth it if you want to get the most out of your one day in Rome.

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question - me and my fiance will be honeymooning on NCL Jade this Septemberr in W. Med.

I have been scouring the boards and read a lot about Rome In Limo. However the only concern I have is that its an independent excursion, meaning if we run late the ship will leave without us. Has it happened to anyone? Or they work with cruise passengers so much that they have a system in place?

This concern might seem stupid to seasoned cruisers, but its our first cruise so we get a little slack right?

Thanks everyone!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and also CONGRATS on your first cruise! My husband and I were married on a Med cruise and cruised for our Honeymoon. It was my husband's first cruise. Now he's hooked and my master plan worked :D

I have used private tours that I have researched all over the world. I have used Romeinlimo for Italian ports no less than 20 times total. I have never heard of ONE person missing the ship that has toured with Romeinlimo (no reputable tour company for that matter). If one group missed the ship, the news that would travel all over CruiseCritic (and other sites) would ruin a great tour company in minutes. You can really rest easy as long as you do your homework with companies. I haven't heard of anyone that has even come close to missing the ship while being on a Romeinlimo tour.

Enjoy!!! Private is totally the way to see these ports compared to ship tours.

Hyla, thanks for reviving an older thread. Do you think we'll be able to find others to join us once we are onboard? We are doing the RIL excursion that includes Positano, Sorrento and a pizza making class. I'm just a bit concerned as we leave in a week and we haven't had any responses yet. Of course, it's only been 2 days, lol.

Also, have you been to these two towns? Positano is a place I've always wanted to visit and that coastal drive looks dreamy. Last time I was in Italy, clinging to the side of a mountain I was the one driving, so this will be almost relaxing by comparison...

Hope you get to cruise again soon,

Liz

Hyla, thanks for reviving an older thread. Do you think we'll be able to find others to join us once we are onboard? We are doing the RIL excursion that includes Positano, Sorrento and a pizza making class. I'm just a bit concerned as we leave in a week and we haven't had any responses yet. Of course, it's only been 2 days, lol.

Liz

Just a word of caution. We have tours booked with RIL for September. When we booked for the two of us we told them we hoped to add more, and they said no problem. We've been fortunate to fill two with members from our Roll Call. I just received an e-mail from Jany that they will NOT accept any more passengers for our third tour as they are "full" for that day. We are fine with that as we have six people booked, although we would have liked to have 8. So I wouldn't presume that RIL will be able to accommodate additional

passengers on such short notice, unless you originally booked for the larger group.

Best of luck

Also, have you been to these two towns? Positano is a place I've always wanted to visit and that coastal drive looks dreamy. Last time I was in Italy, clinging to the side of a mountain I was the one driving, so this will be almost relaxing by comparison...

Hope you get to cruise again soon,

Liz

I am not sure about finding people once you are onboard unless you truly go out of your way to meet people and discuss what you are doing. I did, however, get one couple to join us in Naples this last cruise. They were at our dinner table and I had an opening for 2 people. I was perfectly fine doing the tour with 4 (I like small tours and think they are worth every penny) but I came to really LOVE our dinner companions so I offered them the spots. They were VERY happy to have been included. Mostly.... like I tell so many people.... To KEEP posting it on your Roll Call. Do not just post it once... try to post your openings every day because there are so many people that join the Roll Call that do not go back and read through the openings... and there are lurkers that just come on here and there. So... keeping your openings available on every page makes a big difference. I always include my email address also. Then lurkers that don't wish to post can email me to see if I still have the openings. I have NEVER not filled a private tour. Mostly I have gone out of my way to reserve a second van so that everyone that wants to go, can.

I ADORE Positano, Sorrento... Ravello... Amalfi:D Naples is truly my favorite cruise port because of these towns.

Keep posting on your Roll Call... see if they have an organized Sail-Away party. You could easily find some "joiners" at a sail-away party.

Good luck and have a great time! You'll love Romeinlimo!

I'm SOOO glad Cruise Critic decided to revive this thread they had archived due to its length. I think it's important to new people planning for Italy to be able to see all these positive responses for Rome in Limo.

I was also pleased they merged this thread with another one. Now I don't have to post my reviews again (just scroll up to find).

When you see a thread with this many happy customers, you know you can't go wrong booking with Rome in Limo. I had read through all these before booking and am glad to add my name to the multitudes who are so pleased!

I'm SOOO glad Cruise Critic decided to revive this thread they had archived due to its length. I think it's important to new people planning for Italy to be able to see all these positive responses for Rome in Limo.

I was also pleased they merged this thread with another one. Now I don't have to post my reviews again (just scroll up to find).

When you see a thread with this many happy customers, you know you can't go wrong booking with Rome in Limo. I had read through all these before booking and am glad to add my name to the multitudes who are so pleased!

and I can't wait to add mine...just 7 more weeks and we'll be there..woo hoo...

I'm glad they brought this thread back too, there is SO MUCH info here!

We just returned from another FABULOUS visit to Italy. Once again we booked Romeinlimo for some tours and a transfer to FCO.

Professional, punctual, informative, passionate about their country, kind and generous. Those are the words that describe the entire staff at RIL.

From the first email to Jany to the bottle of wine at the end of our tour from owner, Duman, Romeinlimo is a FIRST CLASS company.

I have recommended them to all of our friends and the folks on our Roll Call. EVERY person has come back to me with gratitude and positive experiences.

Add me to the long list of satisfied customers.

We've never booked a private tour company before. We either just walked around port by ourselves or took a tour provided by the cruise line. We did the Italy cruise for our 30th anniversary (also our first time traveling internationally) and after talking to a few people on CC that were going to be on our ship we heard about Rome In Limo. I checked their website and did compare it to the cruise lines tour options. Yes it was a little more expensive but from experience on cruise ship tours we don't always feel that we're really getting the feel of the city/country that we're visiting. Also, there are always those same two or three people that are always late getting back to the bus and don't really seem sorry (as they just do it again at the next stop). There is so much to see and experience we felt that the extra money would be well spent by having our own priviate guide and vehicle.

We were so impressed with Rome In Limo. We used them in Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples. In Rome, besides seeing all the things that the cruise line offered we were also able to take a tour of the Catacombs which the cruise line does not offer. We did opt to have a personal guide at the Vatican (yes an additional expense) but otherwise you really don't know all that your looking at and you can definitely hear the passion in the guides voice about what we were seeing.

In Naples we had our tour guide take us to Sorrento and Pompeii. Again we offered to accept the offer of a different guide at Pompeii. He was just wonderful! Again, you can tell he really enjoyed sharing his history with you.

Rome in Limo was so accommodating to us. We could not have asked for a better first experience with a private tour company then Rome In Limo. In fact, my sister and her husband went a few months ago and I hooked them up with Rome In Limo and they have not stopped talking about them!

If you want to add a little something extra for your trip of a lifetime you can not go wrong with Rome In Limo.

Karen

We have also returned from our cruise using Rome in Limo for 3 days. My family of 3 joined a family of 4 that I found out our Roll Call. That cut the cost down tremendously and made it interesting to share with somebody else. The first day we had David for Florence and San Gimignano. That was the best day of our 12 day cruise! We must have gone to the same winery for lunch that the poster ahead of me went to. I felt like we were in a movie. The scenery and food were unbelievable! The next day in Rome with Mauro was great. There is so much to see and do in Rome that I could not imagine doing that day any differently than with a private driver. Mauro gave us so much information. Rome is an exhausting day, but incredible. The third day was with Stefano in Naples. We chose Positano, Sorrento and Pompeii. Another incredible day! Normally, they do Pompeii in the morning, then finish with the Amalfi Coast. Since we were there on a Sunday, Stefano knew that we would have too much beach traffic to do the coast in the afternoon, so we finished with Pompeii. We had a private guide there and she was well worth the money with all the information she gave us. I would highly recommend RomeinLimo to anyone going to these regions, and I would certainly book them again.

We just returned last week from a two week trip which included two airport transfers and two day trips with Romeinlimo.

All transfers and tours were for my family of 5. My husband and I, and three daughters ages 11, 15, 18.

Transfers to/from FCO to Rome hotel... Perfect! Driver was waiting for us with sign upon arrival at FCO. On return, we asked for pick up at 4:00pm. Driver arrived at 3:55 and we were loaded and on the road at 3:59. We appreciated the prompt and reliable serivice.

Livorno/Florence/Pisa... Our driver, Vinny, was great! We packed a lot into our day with a stop at Pisa, on to a visit to sample wine in Tuscany, a stop in Florence and then a stop in San Gimignano. We wish we could have spent a lot more time in each spot, but Vinny did a great job keeping us on schedule to make sure we saw the highlights and we got back to the ship in plenty of time.

Naples/Sorrento/Positino/Pompeii... This was my daughter's 18th birthday and we had Tony as our fabulous driver. Tony had provided water for us and some special snacks from Sorrento which was so nice of him. He also picked up some grapes for us to try. We traveled to Sorrento for the "Pizza School". It was a lot of fun and really great food. We thought that the actual pizza experience was a little too expensive, but we were still glad that we did it. Tony had arranged for them to bring my daughter a birthday cake which was really so very much appreciated! We enjoyed walking around Sorrento. We then traveled to Positino. A very beautiful drive and we enjoyed walking down to the beach. Our favorite stop was last and was Pompeii. Romeinlimo had arranged a private guide for us, Carmine. He was fabulous and was the best 100 euros we spent. We all loved the tour of Pompeii and could have spent hours more learning and exploring the site. Tony also kept us right on schedule!

With so much to see and do in a fixed amount of time, both of our drivers, Vinny and Tony, were so good at listening to us on what were the most important things for us to accomplish in our day. While keeping us on schedule, we never felt rushed. They were both very professional and answered all of our questions. It was fun learning a bit about both of our drivers. Tony is expecting his second baby girl this fall and we wish him and his family well! While talking with Tony on the way back to the port, he said something that I find worthy of passing along to anyone considering using Romeinlimo. He said he had been with the company for three years and expressed what a good company they were to work for. He said he felt that they took very good care of their drivers. As an employer myself, that was a great thing to hear!

Couple of random questions...

1. My fiance and I were thinking of doing a Med Cruise for our honeymoon and might want to do the tours with RIL just the 2 of us...but, will the driver guide help us take pictures? I do want some memories of us on our honeymoon! lol.

2. If we book just for the 2 of us and later find other people who want to do the tour with us, any one had trouble changing the number of people in your group? Thanks!

congrats and what a fun way to celebrate.

Our drivers were more than happy to take pictures for us. Just remember that they DON"T go into attractions with you so snapshots in the attractions you'll have to ask other tourists.

They charge by the vehicle and no change in price as long as you don't bust the vehicle max.

We found a two couples thru rollcalls on our cruise to round out our two vans.

Good luck!

Couple of random questions...

1. My fiance and I were thinking of doing a Med Cruise for our honeymoon and might want to do the tours with RIL just the 2 of us...but, will the driver guide help us take pictures? I do want some memories of us on our honeymoon! lol.

2. If we book just for the 2 of us and later find other people who want to do the tour with us, any one had trouble changing the number of people in your group? Thanks!

Couple of random questions....

I understand that this is usually not a problem. We were able to max out at 8 by adding people to one of our tours after booking, however, they told us that we would be unable to add more to our Florence tour as they are "full".