RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

My wife and I had the pleasure of touring Rome with 6 others in a Mercedes mini-bus on October 2nd with RomeinLimo. We did not know the others before the tour but it was a good group.

We had good A/C and a cooler full of ice cold bottles of water. Enrico picked us up right outside the gate of the NCL Epic. He took us to Rome and we hit all the main sites: Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Forumn, Colosseum and Vatican. We also had the opportunity to see Rome from a higher vantage point as well as where the chariot races took place.

As Enrico explained we got the highlight of Rome tour but if you really wanted to get a feel for the city you need to spend a few days and definitely nights there.

There was another couple in our group who had taken another tour on a large tour bus and they kept saying, "we never saw that before" as we could wind through the narrow streets with no problem.

He bought our tickets and helped us by-pass about 200 people waiting in line to enter the Colosseum. It was a hot day and that was most welcome.

After we toured the Colosseum Enrico took us to a very nice but casual restaurant for lunch before heading to the Vatican for our 2PM reservation.

Federica was the guide for the Vatican. She met the van along side the outer wall. She was knowledgeable and funny. Having prepaid for the Vatican tickets online again saved us a lot of time. She showed us where to go to exchange our voucher for tickets and got us into the Vatican very quickly.

At the end of the Vatican tour Enrico was waiting to take us back to the ship. We returned in plenty of time (about 4:30PM). Only then did we pay him for his services. I gave him $300 US for the two of us. About half what the tour from the ship would have cost.

Edited by Witling

I also had a fantastic experience with Rome In Limo. I organized 3 tours with them on my Carnival Sunshine Mediterranean cruise for while we were in Naples, Rome, and Livorno. I am writing up a detailed review of my cruise, and will go into lots of specifics about these 3 tours. If anyone is interested in reading it, here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1919629

Overall, I would highly recommend booking with Rome In Limo! They made our days in Italy incredible and unforgettable :)

Edited by deladane

I am booked for Rome next July tour but I was wondering if anyone did a half day tour other places. I know they said we can make ones u. We are going on liberty of the seas. I don't know if we want to spend the whole day traveling to Florence or just see Pisa and Tuscany area instead. We are. Not big art and museum family and what I have heard there is a lot of that I. Florence. I am traveling with two boys so I want to keep them interested. Age 16 and 12...any ideas for that port

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am booked for Rome next July tour but I was wondering if anyone did a half day tour other places. I know they said we can make ones u. We are going on liberty of the seas. I don't know if we want to spend the whole day traveling to Florence or just see Pisa and Tuscany area instead. We are. Not big art and museum family and what I have heard there is a lot of that I. Florence. I am traveling with two boys so I want to keep them interested. Age 16 and 12...any ideas for that port

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Tell Jany at Rome in Limo what your needs are. She will make it happen.

On the main Italy board are MANY threads about things to do in the Florence area.

Massimo took us (4 adults) through the Vatican. Extremely knowledgeable, informative and entertaining! Kept a good pace throughout, and checked in often on our interests.

Gabriele took us for a full day tour of Rome, and then a second day tour of Tuscany. Made us laugh throughout the tour, yet knew his "stuff". Enjoyed a great lunch on both days, in locations we would never have thought about with him. It was a pleasure to see Rome and the towns in Tuscany with Gabriele.

These three days were a highlight on our trip.

I highly recommend both of these guides; RomeInLimo certainly delivered.

We just got back from a great day in Rome thanks to RomeInLimo with Claudio as our Driver/Guide. This organization is first class and can be recommended

for anyone who wants a wonderful experience. Their knowledge of Rome cannot be beat. Claudio grew up right near the Pantheon and showed us where he played soccer in front of the Pantheon. His recommendation for a non-touristy place for lunch was outstanding. Absolutely a five star service.

We just got back from our cruise on the EPIC in Europe (10/6-13). I booked RomeinLimo in advance after reading cruise critic reviews.

I can honestly say it was the best thing we ever did. Diego picked us up in Naples and took us to Pompeii, where they arranged a private guide for us. You have to have a guide in Pompeii or else you won't know what you are looking at. She was great!!! Diego then drove us to Sorrento, where we shopped and had lunch at his suggestion. Pizza and red wine, who was better than us, No One!!! We then took a drive down the Amalfi Coast to Positano and walked around and it was beautiful. All the while he was telling us everything as we went from city to city. He then took us back to see the Sorrento coastline because it had been raining when we first set out. In Naples, request Diego. He is the best. The next day we were picked up in Rome by Francesco who took us to the Coliseum. We walked around for a while, met our driver and on to the Vatican, where you definitely need a guide. Before the Vatican he recommended a place for lunch that my friends loved but we opted to get Pizza two doors down. Our Vatican guide was great, she told us the history of the Sistine Chapel as she told us she could not talk once we entered. The onto St. Peter's Basilica. She told us everything, explained things to us we never would have know if we had been on our own. We went outside and she took photos of us at the square. Simply amazing. Our next port was Florence/Pisa and I cannot say enough about Fabrizio. Highly entertaining, very talkative and just one of the best. He took us to Pisa and then to the leather market in Florence and the food market where we had lunch. He walked the streets with us and told us everything we needed to know. We went to Santa Croce where Michaelangelo's tomb is. Simply wonderful. RomeinLimo was actually a little less expensive than the cruise excursions and it was just the four of us and our wonderful drivers. You will not be disappointed!!!! Have a great trip. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

We just got back last week from our Rome/cruise on the Epic. We used RomeInLimo at 2 ports - Florence/Pisa and Naples. Both excursions were fantastic, mainly because of our guides!! When (not if) we go back, RomeInTours will be our first choice for any type of excursion.:)

Our groupof 8 did Pisa/Florence with Fabrizio and he was wonderful. What a great personality and very knowledgeable. We also requested a trip to a winery after Florence. We did Pisa first thing, then Florence where unfortunately there was a parade or demonstration so the traffic was bad. Fabrizio got us around that as best he could. Our group had reservations to see Michaelangelo's David at 2:00 pm but Fabrizio managed to get the tickets changed to 11:00 so that we could get that done early. For anyone who has not been to Florence I wouldn't recommend trying to do as much as we tried to do. That was my fault for requesting the winery. Rome In Limo will try to do whatever you ask for. For me it was great as I had been there twice before and by being able to drive in Florence I saw parts of the city I had never seen. It was also great for one of the couples who had mobility issues. The other couples really only got an overview. We were very late eating lunch...about 3:00 but Fabrizio took us to a beautiful place with great food and wine and we had a great day.

Our trip from Naples to Ravello, Amalfi, and Positano was quite different. Giovanni was not as good as Fabrizio about telling us about what we were seeing, but in fairness to him this is not really a historic area with much to say about it. The town of Ravello is quite charming but we were there as it was just waking up. Amalfi was mobbed with cruise ship tours so I would suggest skipping it if there are many ships in port. When we left Amalfi it started to rain and by that I mean the heavens opened up! We even had hail. I was in the front seat so I saw first hand what a good driver Giovanni was! As we reached the restaurant above Positano where we were to have lunch the rain stopped. The restaurant (probably where they always go) was wonderful. Beautiful views and excellent food. No menu...they just brought the food so I am not sure what all we had but it was delicious and too much! It included wine (although they knocked 5 euro off the price for two of our party who didn't drink) and lemoncello with dessert. Positano was charming. We then stopped above Sorrento to see the views but time did not permit us to go into town.

Definitely Rome In Limo is the way to go. Wish they were everywhere!

Hi, has anyone (ever or now) arranged a tour of Rome - Vatican & Colosseum with a time frame of only seven hours? We will be on the Silhouette- May 5 at 5am, might be able to get off by 7:30am and have to be back on by 3:30pm for sailing at 5pm. Called Celebrity and no back to back tours are offered so far. Rome in Limo sounds like the way to go, I have been to Rome several times, but my friends have not. If you could only go to one place which would it be? I am not sure which one as I liked them both. I know it is at least a 1-1/2 trip each way, so driving takes up 3 hours, which leaves us 4 hours for visits- no lunch.

Any advice ? Thank you

Hi, has anyone (ever or now) arranged a tour of Rome - Vatican & Colosseum with a time frame of only seven hours? We will be on the Silhouette- May 5 at 5am, might be able to get off by 7:30am and have to be back on by 3:30pm for sailing at 5pm. Called Celebrity and no back to back tours are offered so far. Rome in Limo sounds like the way to go, I have been to Rome several times, but my friends have not. If you could only go to one place which would it be? I am not sure which one as I liked them both. I know it is at least a 1-1/2 trip each way, so driving takes up 3 hours, which leaves us 4 hours for visits- no lunch.

Any advice ? Thank you

We did something similar, got off at 8am. However, our drop off was the Rome airport, and due to late day traffic, and a juicy thunderstorm, didn't get to the airport until 5:30.

Given it is a little over an hour each way to and from Rome, it is probably going to be very tight for you. If all you did was the Colosseum, lunch and the Vatican, maybe.

Assume your statement that this is a B2B at Rome's port, and you have to be back on board by 3:30 for life boat drill? Otherwise you wouldn't have to be back on board until about 4:30.

Standard advice on this board- ask Jany. If it can be done, she will make it happen.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We toured with RomeinLimo in October 2013. We chose the highlights tour. Claudio picked the 2 of us up at the cruise port. We spent the day site seeing the various attractions in Rome. Claudio is very knowledgeable of the history of Rome as well as the area. We saw all the sights mentioned on the highlights tour plus a few others. In addition we reserved a private tour of the Vatican through RomeinLimo. Valentino was our guide. She did a fabulous job with explaining the history, as well as maneuvering through the large crowds at both the Vatican museum and the Sistine chapel. We will definitely use them again. Claudio was very prompt in both picking us up and getting us back to the ship in plenty of time. We definitely recommend them.

Any advice ? Thank you

I think the best thing to do is email Jany. She is great at answering any of these questions. I think you would be able to find something very doable. We've done several tours with Romeinlimo departing the ship and then going to the airport, so I would assume they could do something for you and then back to the ship.

Good luck! I'm jealous of your back to back! I LOVE the Silhouette.

We just got back a week or so ago from our Rome/cruise on the Epic. We used RomeInLimo at 2 ports - Florence/Pisa and Naples. Both excursions were fantastic, great value, we worked out that if we did the same tour from the ship in Florence it would have cost $349.99 each for me and the wife but RomeInLimo it was 160 Euro for the tour then we had to add tickets and lunch ETC but it was way cheaper and more personal mainly because of our guides!! Gian was our driver in Florence and did not stop talking giving us lots of history facts and was brilliant in Naples however the driver hardly spoke a word, if we go back, RomeInTours will be our first choice for the excursion.:)

We did a Rome in Limo Tour of Florence, Lucca, and a wine tasting on 10/10/2013. Our driver was Riccardo and we cannot praise him and Rome in Limo highly enough. We had a very ambitious plan and Riccardo did his best to fulfill our desires and provide both knowledge and a great time.

We did 3 private tours on our 12 day cruise and this was our favorite by far. Riccardo is an engaging young man with excellent knowledge, grasp of the English language, and a genuine desire to provide an outstanding experience.

You can't go wrong with Rome in Limo!

We just returned from a fabulous Med. cruise on the Celebrity Equinox. We toured with Gabriele from Rome In Tours while in Rome. Gabriele was engaging, friendly and had a wonderful sense of humor. The four of us has a wonderful day - probably the best on the cruise. Much of that was a result of our driver.....we would travel with him again in a heartbeat!!

Just got back from our Med Cruise and used Rome in Limo for 3 ports. They offered the best service and would definately use them again and also recommend their company to anyone traveling to the Mediterranean. Loved our guides Laura, Franchesco and Stefano they were engaging, fun and made us love Italy just as much as they did!! Rome in Limo you are the best!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Susan and I spent the most wonderful day in Rome with Rome in Limo. Francesco, our guide was professional, charming knowledgeable, and passionate. The Eternal City came to life during our tour. We were able to see far more than I could have expected during our one day excursion from the Royal Princess. In perfect English, he was able to bring us to the amazing places that make up Rome, bring those places to life both as they are now and how they were. Ancient and modern, religious and secular, we visited and enjoyed so very much.

After a thoroughly enjoyable lunch at Il Pomodrino which, by the way, has the best pasta and pizza I've ever eaten we went to the Vatican. Francesco introduced us to Valentina, our private guide to the Holy See. Valentina is an incredible young woman with both the knowledge and passion to make every tour all that one could expect. From her intimate understanding of how the overcrowded Vatican works we were able to bypass many of the too long lines and see more than others. And, she does know her subject. She loves what she does and it shows. She is charming and bright and a wonderful guide.

For the best tour of Rome, Rome in Limo is the only way to go.

Thank you Rome in Limo. This was the best day of an incredible voyage!!!

We booked Rome in Limo for tours in Naples & Rome in October 2013 for four people. We were on a cruise on the Royal Princess and the drivers were waiting for us with a sign with our name on it as we got off the ship.

In Naples, Tony was our driver and he exceeded our expectations! I would highly recommend Rome in Limo and especially with Tony. We have been to this area three other times and this was the best of the best. We have wonderful memories of this tour and Tony and Rome in Limo made this happen. We shopped, visited ruins, and marveled at the incredible scenery and even sang with Tony after wine and a delicious lunch at a lovely Italian restaurant overlooking the Amalfi Coast. This tour should be on everyone’s bucket list.

In Rome, Franco was our driver and since we had been in Rome before we told him that we wanted to do some site seeing, shopping, and have a nice lunch somewhere that he would suggest. We went to a church that was amazing and then he took us to an area for shopping that was great and wasn’t extremely expensive. After shopping, we went to a nice restaurant that was near the Vatican. We had purchased Vatican tickets after 2PM and Rome In Limo arranged for a Vatican tour guide for us. I would highly recommend purchasing the tickets ahead of time and having a tour guide that is able to bypass very long lines. On the day that we did this tour, the Vatican was very crowded and the tour guide told us that it has been especially busy lately due to Pope Francis being so popular.

I would highly recommend Rome in Limo. They are dedicated to providing a memorable experience along with making sure that cruisers safely return to the port on time.

We also booked RomeInLimo for our Norwegian Spirit cruise group at the Port of Naples. Our driver, Carmine, was absolutely fabulous -- knowledgable, friendly, enthusiastic and thorough. He met us just outside the terminal building and we boarded his Mercedes-Benz van for our day together. We toured with Carmine up the breathtaking roads of the Amalfi Coast into Sorrento and then on beyond Positano for lunch. If Carmine asks you if you want to opt for the tourist option for lunch or if you would prefer the "Authentic Italian" lunch option, go for the latter! The additional 25 E lunch on the top of the mountain at Fattoria La Tagliata was worth every euro and was absolutely DIVINE! This place is a piece of heaven on earth.

If we had it to do over again we would not try to see Pompeii as well in the same day -- it would have been fabulous to have more time to spend browsing and people watching in Sorrento than we were able to, and lingering over lunch with an added glass of wine would have made it even better. Two hours is also not enough time to see Pompeii in my estimation.

The only downside was the company's charges to us for a party of 8 (because this was our original estimate of our group size) when the van really only had seating for 7 passengers, plus Carmine as the driver. If we had successfully found an 8th person through this CC site to join our group, I don't know where they would have sat in the van. Lesson? Book for no more than 7 adults! Your cost per person will be higher, but everyone will have the comfort of their own seat and seatbelt.

And FYI- passenger side seats have the best views on the way up, and the driver's side has the best view on the way down the mountain. Opt for the middle or opposite seat if heights leave you uncomfortable. Carmine was a superb driver, though, and we had not a single moment of concern at any time during the trip.

Throughout our NCL cruise we heard from other passengers who had booked RomeInLimo for their shore excursions. Not one person related any disappointment with the services they had received in any port of call. I would book RomeInLimo again EVERY TIME I was visiting a place where their services were offered. For the price, they were beyond our expectations, and our day with Carmine was, for me, the BEST excursion experience of the entire trip.

It's such a pleasure to walk off a ship and see someone holding a sign with your name on it! Gabriele was absolutely fantastic - charming, knowledgeable and patient with group of people who had trouble agreeing on what we wanted to do. We avoided lines, were able to park very close to the places we wanted to see, and had a fantastic lunch at a restaurant recommended by him. He finished the day on a hilltop with a view of all of Rome that was simply spectacular.

The 3 tours we did was Florence, Rome and Naples - we had 3 very excellent experiences each time.

The drivers/guides were Vinny, Nick and Fernando respectively.

Each one was punctual, friendly and very professional during the tours.

We were given time to explore areas that were popular, each one allowed us ample time to enjoy the sites we wanted to spend quality time on.

The tour was always arranged to suit the group which was great, individual care makes this company stand out.

Thank you all very much for making our visit to Italy always so special.