recycling clothing among cc members

Hi Ladies,

This is a terrific thread and a great help to many who are using it. However, as sometimes happens, it has drifted away from the original purpose of the thread. So, please only posts about items that you have to offer to others, and related posts.

Thanks and happy posting!

Ann

Aka Host Mama

A month ago we put our broken TV at the back alley for the next day trash. A few days later a man rang the doorbell.

Me: Yes?

Man: Do you have the remote control?

Me: Excuse me?

Man: The remote control for the TV?

Me: I am sorry, what TV?

Man: The TV you put out the back a few days ago

Me: looked at him like are you a nut? What the heck are you talking about?

Man: I fixed it! It is working, I need the remote control

Me: I am not sure where it is

Ken: Gave him one

A week after we put our broken counter top toaster oven out. I decided to keep the tray. A few days later, the same man rang the door.

Me: Yes?

Man: Do you have the tray?

Me: I pretend I do not know; what tray?

Man: The tray for the oven

Me: What oven?

Man: The oven you put out the back a few days ago

Me: Oh

Man: I fixed it; it is working, I need the tray

Me: gave him the tray.

Two weeks ago we put out four patio chairs, the table was too heavy for my husband to take it out so I put a note on the chairs “SORRY NO TABLE” The next morning the same man rang the door with the note in this hand

Me: Yes

Man: Do you have a table?

Me: Yes, it is right there (pointing to the table at the corner of the yard)

Man: I need it for my chairs

Me: Sure, you can have it

On Tuesday I put out one of my husband’s old suits with a note “SORRY NO HUSBAND” just now the same man rang the door

Me: yes?

Man: Do you have a bigger size?

Me: laughing… NO!!!

OMG Marie, I laughed my head off!! This guy is too much, he is either extremely brazen or mental!! I would definitely tell this man do not ever disturb me again........... what you see is what you get in the alley! icon8.gif

Take care,

Cathy

Hi Ladies,

This is a terrific thread and a great help to many who are using it. However, as sometimes happens, it has drifted away from the original purpose of the thread. So, please only posts about items that you have to offer to others, and related posts.

Thanks and happy posting!

Ann

Aka Host Mama

Sorry Host Mama :D.

Yes! Let get back to Recyling :)

These pair is still availbale. Ralph Lauren size 8 1/2

9681917280_d4a89ec296.jpg

These are also Ralph Lauren size 8 1/2

9678681307_c131922827.jpg

This is BCBG size M. It does not look good on me.

9681919604_b3302b5330.jpg

Thanks for the laugh Marie.

I've several dresses and other items to post here, but shipping from Canada is expensive. So I will post closer to a trip across the border and mail things from Washington. I have never used flicker and don't know anything about the cruise critic app I see you all mention. Can someone please provide me more info on this cruise critic app for posting pictures?

I've several dresses and other items to post here, but shipping from Canada is expensive. So I will post closer to a trip across the border and mail things from Washington. I have never used flicker and don't know anything about the cruise critic app I see you all mention. Can someone please provide me more info on this cruise critic app for posting pictures?

Do you have an iPad?

I use photobucket....you create a profile...then upload your photos....once uploaded I always click on the photo because I hate trying to look at the small pictures. Once I click on it and it enlarges, then on the right hand side will be a bunch of codes....the IMG code is the one I use...right click on it and it should automatically copy it...then come over here....open the reply box like you are posting a reply and right click and paste the code.

I know it sounds hard but really isn't...good luck

Good Morning ladies. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend.

Marie, I am wondering if my emails have gone back into

your spam folder?

NO! I moved them back to the inbox. I have to get the boxes. I have a doctor appoinment on Monday. I will ship everything out on Tuesday. I am too lazy at the moment :D. I think it is jet lag.

Take care

Marie

No ipad or iphone, have an android.

Hi Grammycee! I have an android (Samsung Galaxy S III) and an ipad. After much trial and error, the easiest way I found (thanks to the help of some great CC members!) is to follow these steps:

1. Set up a free account with Photobucket (can do this on your pc or android)

2. Download the free photobucket app for your android

3. Take photos of whatever with your android

4. Open the photobucket app on your android and it will give you the option of uploading your photos, and you'll choose which ones to upload

5. Open photobucket on your pc (or Mac, like me :) ) and click on the photo you want to share. To the right of the photo will be four options for "how" to share the photo. Click on the one that says IMG and it will copy the link for you

6. Finally, come to cruise critic and type your message. Next, "right click" or whatever you normally do to "paste" whatever you've copied. It will autmatically put the image right there in your message. While you're still writing your message it may show as a link, but if you click the "preview post" button at the bottom, it will show that your image is there!!!

Hope this helps! :)

I have a dilemma. I do have some dresses I would like to pass on, however my first experience with this didn't go so well. I had an interested party in Canada who sent me a Canadian check (cheque :) ) for postage and my bank refused to accept it. I'm afraid I'd have to restrict my dress-sending to US only. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings with my decision. :(

That amazes me.

I sent some things to Canada and had no problems with my bank accepting the Canadian check. Can't remember but I may have even sent twice. You need a new bank that's friendly to our Canadian neighbors.

That amazes me.

I sent some things to Canada and had no problems with my bank accepting the Canadian check. Can't remember but I may have even sent twice. You need a new bank that's friendly to our Canadian neighbors.

---------------------

or being a Canadian myself and having worked for a major bank for 17 years ..... you could ask them to send your a US dollar money order :-) :):) being a fluffy lady I am aware that there is a larger choice for full figure styles in the USA and shop quite often in Port Huron Michigan :):)

---------------------

or being a Canadian myself and having worked for a major bank for 17 years ..... you could ask them to send your a US dollar money order :-) :):) being a fluffy lady I am aware that there is a larger choice for full figure styles in the USA and shop quite often in Port Huron Michigan :):)

You could also ask for a Bankdraft. I have sent bankdrafts to foreign countries and since it is drawn on a bank in the foreign country there never has been a problem.

Gisela

Also, Paypal charges fees

Not always. PayPal charges a fee to the person receiving it, IF it's for payment of an ebay purchase, or you use a credit card. If you are just sending someone else money from your bank account, there is no fee for either party. (at least from and to a U.S. account, I don't know about any other country)

You could also ask for a Bankdraft. I have sent bankdrafts to foreign countries and since it is drawn on a bank in the foreign country there never has been a problem.

Gisela

A US bank draft (drawn on a large American bank like Chase) or a US money order is the only way to go. Depending on your bank plan, it might not even cost you anything

Even if you sent a personal cheque from Canada in US funds it would take forever to clear and would end up costing the recipient probably as much as the cheque is worth to begin with in bank charges.