recycling clothing among cc members

I have had people here on the board pay me via cash, check and paypal. Paypal is very easy for me, because I don't have to go to the bank and deposit a check. (Because I don't go to the bank anymore - so I have to remember to go do it).

Now, so far everyone has been in US and I have to say that I think it might be more complex and more expensive to send to Canada. I like to use flat rate priority mail envelopes or bags whenever possible or first class if it is very light (under 13 oz and its only a couple of dollars) - but I know you can't do that when shipping to Canada or anywhere outside the states. I think because I work "more than full time" and am so busy - I don't want to have to go to the post office - I just like to purchase my postage at usps.com, print my label from usps and let the mailman at the office pick up my priority package. (I have a stash of priority mail envelopes and boxes at the office).

Debbie

Marie-- hope your doctor appointment went well! Glad you had a safe trip home.

I have been so busy I had tons of post to catch up on! Somehow I also miss Marie's purse :) At least I've been lucky enough to receive some beautiful dresses!

I have a package to mail out tomorrow to Amy and then I'm off to attend to IU vs Navy football game with my son and his girlfriend. Hope it's a nice evening.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have had people here on the board pay me via cash, check and paypal. Paypal is very easy for me, because I don't have to go to the bank and deposit a check. (Because I don't go to the bank anymore - so I have to remember to go do it).

Now, so far everyone has been in US and I have to say that I think it might be more complex and more expensive to send to Canada. I like to use flat rate priority mail envelopes or bags whenever possible or first class if it is very light (under 13 oz and its only a couple of dollars) - but I know you can't do that when shipping to Canada or anywhere outside the states. I think because I work "more than full time" and am so busy - I don't want to have to go to the post office - I just like to purchase my postage at usps.com, print my label from usps and let the mailman at the office pick up my priority package. (I have a stash of priority mail envelopes and boxes at the office).

Debbie

------------------

so here is a question out of curiosity only ... Has anyone sent anything to gals in Canada and what was the cost to send it ? ...

------------------

so here is a question out of curiosity only ... Has anyone sent anything to gals in Canada and what was the cost to send it ? ...

I shipped a very lightweight dress to Canada and it was 9.00 for first class . The Shipping rates to Canada have really gone up . I can remember when I could ship lightweight items to Canada for less than shipping in the US .

I've been with my bank for more than 25 years, so I think I'll keep them. :) Yes, it was quite the dilemma for me when my bank called and had me come get the check as they couldn't/wouldn't accept it. I would really love to pass along some of my things, but it will have to be in the US only. I'm really sorry ladies. :( I work 10+ hours a day and have such limited time for weekday errands that it's easier to get the flat rate box/bag/envelope and go that route.

Wow. And here I was going to go out of my way to wait till I'm planning a trip over the border to post my items so the recipient would pay cheaper postage. Maybe I just need to post my items for other Canadian recipients and save myself the hassles.

How hard is it for a person to send a bank draft in US funds instead of a cheque?

This thread has given me an obsession with looking at dresses and figuring out out to take more cruises!!! I found this dress on eBay and sure hope I can win it!

[ATTACH]283825[/ATTACH]

I think it is so cute! Probably too young for me but what the heck you only live once!

I received the dress but it is a tad small so will have to send it back and try the next larger too bad I have to wait for it

Good morning ladies,

I finally catch up with all my email and mail. Thank you to those sent me check and money. And thanks Gerry for the lovely necklace. I love it.

I slept for two days straight, I am still tired. I am not sure if it is from jet lag or it is from the new medication. I will ship everything out next Tuesday. I am hoping on Monday the doctor is going to OK for me to walk without the walking boot :).

Have a fantastic day everyone.

Marie

Good morning ladies,

I finally catch up with all my email and mail. Thank you to those sent me check and money. And thanks Gerry for the lovely necklace. I love it.

I slept for two days straight, I am still tired. I am not sure if it is from jet lag or it is from the new medication. I will ship everything out next Tuesday. I am hoping on Monday the doctor is going to OK for me to walk without the walking boot :).

Marie

I'll be thinking good thoughts on Monday! I remember the feeling of being set free when I could walk without the boot! But even that wasn't as as good as not having to wear a shoulder immobilizer after almost 12 long long weeks!

I'll be thinking good thoughts on Monday! I remember the feeling of being set free when I could walk without the boot! But even that wasn't as as good as not having to wear a shoulder immobilizer after almost 12 long long weeks!

How about a back brace for 28 months now?

It's a real challenge to try to find something to wear.:(

Edited by iheartbda

How about a back brace for 28 months now?

It's a real challenge to try to find something to wear.

Oh I am so sorry. It must be miserable.:(

How about a catheter in for over 5 weeks now.. :(

Marie Prayers and thoughts coming your way on Monday.. :)

Happy weekend all :p

Pretty much off topic, but DD made me clean out a closet and I unearthed a bunch of needlework never started. Holiday themes, Halloween, Christmas, etc. anyone want all or some? Am posting a few pics. Email relic2maggie at yahoo.com.

More if anyone is interested.

Margaret

These are all so cute. I don't do holiday themed stuff but I'm sure someone can use these. If nobody here wants them, maybe your local homeless shelter would like them. One of the problems the residents have is nothing to do.

Size 8 Counterparts capris.

ry%3D480

I got these from Amy and they are just too small so I am putting them back up for grabs. They are a size 8 but fit more like a size 6. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone.

Gerry

Size 8 Counterparts capris.

ry%3D480

I got these from Amy and they are just too small so I am putting them back up for grabs. They are a size 8 but fit more like a size 6. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone.

Gerry

Gerry, don't worry about postage, just pass them along! Sorry they didn't work out for you.

Good morning ladies,

Marie

Marie,

Thank you so much. It was just a little something to say thanks.

I hope you are starting to feel better and I will be thinking about you on Monday.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Gerry

Gerry, don't worry about postage, just pass them along! Sorry they didn't work out for you.

I am too Amy, because they were so nice, I loved the color and they were perfect with the blouse I had planned to wear them with.

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA

These are all so cute. I don't do holiday themed stuff but I'm sure someone can use these. If nobody here wants them, maybe your local homeless shelter would like them. One of the problems the residents have is nothing to do.

I'm thinking of giving them to the Veteran's Home. The ladies, and some men, do crafts and then sell them. I have a friend who lives there, so will take them there next week.

Margaret

I'm thinking of giving them to the Veteran's Home. The ladies, and some men, do crafts and then sell them. I have a friend who lives there, so will take them there next week.

Margaret

---------------------------

that is a great idea ... I do home made cards and scrapbooking so I usually take my extra supplies over to the ladies shelters and donate them to the ladies there so they can do something craft like in the evenings .... but I never thought of the Veteran's homes as that is a great idea also :)

My grandson wears this size and has outgrown all his clothes and we leave on a cruise Oct. 12. What would I need to do to get one of the navy suits?

Thanks so much!

I bought my husband new tuxedos and new suits. I am donating his old tuxedos and three dark navy suits. Jackets 40 regular and pants 32-30

I am not going to post pictures, if you like, you can see them here:

http:/www.flickr.com/photos/mpell/collections/

Marie