recycling clothing among cc members

OK....putting up a formal that I wore just recently on a cruise. This is a Donna Ricco, size 20W that I purchased at Lord and Taylor. I've worn it one time and it was just professionally cleaned. It's a lower cut dress and a busty gal would look great in it. I'm 5'8" and it comes right at my knee as far as the length.

I am adding a picture of me in the dress...however, do not make fun of my white *pashmina*. I found it in a box of things that my Nanny had made and she always wanted to travel and never had the nerve....she bought a raffle ticket while my PopPop was hospitalized with one of the first colostomies ever done that saved his life (he was given last rites several times) and they won a trip to Hawaii. They took the money instead and put it in the bank. My Nanny was too frightened to fly. She was a German Hausfrau who should have taken a little time for her. I miss her terribly even today. So when I found it, I decided to take it with me and have a picture taken with it....a little piece of her came to the Caribbean. Anyway, here you go!

clothing1-Copy.jpg

2061541342_meindress.jpg.057f2cb753bd87a2f8d3d978d4fa6799.jpg

OK....putting up a formal that I wore just recently on a cruise. This is a Donna Ricco, size 20W that I purchased at Lord and Taylor. I've worn it one time and it was just professionally cleaned. It's a lower cut dress and a busty gal would look great in it. I'm 5'8" and it comes right at my knee as far as the length.

I am adding a picture of me in the dress...however, do not make fun of my white *pashmina*. I found it in a box of things that my Nanny had made and she always wanted to travel and never had the nerve....she bought a raffle ticket while my PopPop was hospitalized with one of the first colostomies ever done that saved his life (he was given last rites several times) and they won a trip to Hawaii. They took the money instead and put it in the bank. My Nanny was too frightened to fly. She was a German Hausfrau who should have taken a little time for her. I miss her terribly even today. So when I found it, I decided to take it with me and have a picture taken with it....a little piece of her came to the Caribbean. Anyway, here you go!

clothing1-Copy.jpg

If no one else wants this dress in a few days, I would love to have it....but don't "need" it, so let someone else have a shot at it.....but if you still have it the end of the week, please let me know...Thanks

This has nothing to do with the dress, just wanted to say how sweet I think you are to remember your "Nanny & Pop-Pop" with kind words. I too was very close to my Nannie & Pop-Pop and think of them often & still miss them LOTS. Makes you feel closer to someone when you have a special item that will always remind you of them. :)

Pretty much off topic, but DD made me clean out a closet and I unearthed a bunch of needlework never started. Holiday themes, Halloween, Christmas, etc. anyone want all or some? Am posting a few pics. Email relic2maggie at yahoo.com. yge3ynu2.jpgzarujere.jpgypadadav.jpgyqunu9yp.jpguqamapar.jpgy5edymav.jpg

More if anyone is interested.

Margaret

I

This has nothing to do with the dress, just wanted to say how sweet I think you are to remember your "Nanny & Pop-Pop" with kind words. I too was very close to my Nannie & Pop-Pop and think of them often & still miss them LOTS. Makes you feel closer to someone when you have a special item that will always remind you of them. :)

Thank you for the kind words Judy....I only hope now that I'm someone's Nana that they think of me in the same light someday. My Nanny was an amazing woman....there are so many things I wish I could talk to her about. LOL, chocolate chip cookies come to mind! :eek::p Still can't get those things right!

If no one else wants this dress in a few days, I would love to have it....but don't "need" it, so let someone else have a shot at it.....but if you still have it the end of the week, please let me know...Thanks

Ok Kathy....it's still up for grabs.....anyone it will fit is welcome to it. I will send it to you if no one else wants it. I loved it on and it's a very becoming outfit, but the new me is only taking palazzos and sparkly blouses from here on out. :) I'm simplifying! :)

Edited by islandgirlejfan

clothing1-Copy.jpg

---

great dress and I love pashmina's and you have great memories to go with the pashmina !!!!:):)

Thank you for the kind words Judy....I only hope now that I'm someone's Nana that they think of me in the same light someday. My Nanny was an amazing woman....there are so many things I wish I could talk to her about. LOL, chocolate chip cookies come to mind! :eek::p Still can't get those things right!

----------

isn't funny how we can remember the smallest of memories :-) It is like they are in the room with us helping us remember them ... I remember Gramma always brushing my hair when I was a little girl I could sit at her chair leaning against her legs for hours while she brushed my hair over and over and oohhh the homemade chocolate eclairs she made when she babysat us :-) mmmmm :)

Thanks....enjoy your week also. I've met a man and we have gone out a few times now...we are going to one of his friend's party Sat night. If you really get bored and need something to put you to sleep, I started a blog altho I haven't kept it up....the addy on it is:

http://arhillbilly.blogspot.com/

you will need to scroll down and start with the dedication page.....

are you on FB? I am Kathy Anderson Timlin on there for anyone that would want to befriend me

------------------

I sent you a add me request on FB :-) I say have fun on your date !!! ... I met my hubby on a blind date and we will celebrate our 10th anniversary on our Dec Cruise :-) .... I remember telling my dad at the time that this was the last blind date as I thought most men were not too brilliant when understanding what "full figured" meant lol but the future hubby showed up with 4 gourmet chocolates and some flowers and the first date ended up being 12 hrs lol and I met his whole family on the 3rd date :-) so in the end I am glad that I kept at the blind date thing and did not give up before I met my hubby :) We got married on our first cruise by Captain Nick Nash of the Golden Princess and it was great .... Seeing Marie's wedding pics brought back the memories for me of how great it was to get married at sea :-) and after 4 years of saving we are going away our 10th anniversary cruise :-)

Have a wonderful date on Saturday nite !!!:)

take care and God Bless

Cathie

------------------

I sent you a add me request on FB :-) I say have fun on your date !!! ... I met my hubby on a blind date and we will celebrate our 10th anniversary on our Dec Cruise :-) .... I remember telling my dad at the time that this was the last blind date as I thought most men were not too brilliant when understanding what "full figured" meant lol but the future hubby showed up with 4 gourmet chocolates and some flowers and the first date ended up being 12 hrs lol and I met his whole family on the 3rd date :-) so in the end I am glad that I kept at the blind date thing and did not give up before I met my hubby :) We got married on our first cruise by Captain Nick Nash of the Golden Princess and it was great .... Seeing Marie's wedding pics brought back the memories for me of how great it was to get married at sea :-) and after 4 years of saving we are going away our 10th anniversary cruise :-)

Have a wonderful date on Saturday nite !!!:)

take care and God Bless

Cathie

Thanks.....I've given up finding the man of my dreams.....but have decided that I am going to enjoy myself. I've always thought it would be neat to be married on a cruise. After being married 3 times and living with 2 other men, I might live with someone but won't get married again....I am planning on collecting off my ex husband's (the last one) social security in a few years....if nothing else just to piss off the wife he has now :D

I met my SO on a blind date and I told my one friend he is a little strange so if you do not hear from me he's probably an axe murder . Well luckily he wasn't and for my birthday he gave me a silver bracelet with an axe charm . We have been together 13 years .

------------------

love your story :)

I just love all the little stories and glimpses into your lives ladies. The Grandma tales brought a tear to my eye as I never knew any of my grandparents. Can't wait to be one myself but at the moment all the rocking I will be doing is in my rocking chair. :)

I love Grandma stories! I had one of the best - she was a teacher - in fact, she was my first-grade teacher, and I grew up in the house right across the street from her and my Grandpa. I tell the kids I teach now that if I ever threatened to run away, my mom and dad knew I wouldn't go further than across the street. Not a day goes by that I don't think of something she did or said and how she would handle a situation I face in my classroom. I hope I make her proud and I thank God every day for the good fortune of having her and my Grandpa in my life. The kids at school can't believe I had my own Grandma for a first-grade teacher. And when she died, a kid signed my yearbook that year (over the summer of my junior year of high school) "I could never tell you in person how much I loved Ms. Green. The thing I'll always remember about her is how, even though she was your Grandma, she always treated all of us kids the same. I really thought you called her Grandma because she was old." That's the kind of person she was. She planted enough garden for the town to get vegetables. Sewed anything and everything for anyone who needed it and provided clothes and school supplies to kids who otherwise would have gone without. God I miss that woman.

Hi all! Still trying to clear out some closet space and I have a skirt that someone may want. It is a shorter skirt from Body Central. No size in it but I'm guessing a size SMALL. It is my daughter's and if I'm not mistaken she wore it only once. She wears a size 0 and had plenty of room in this. White, charcoal and black with a black wide elastic waist. There is a sheen to the fabric so it can be dressed up nicely! Email me if you are interested!

FYI: the picture really does not do it justice! ;)

20130826_141411_zpsaac479b4.jpg

:D Skirt arrived today and it was sooo cute! Can't wait for her to get to try it on. I will post a pic as soon as I can. Thanks so much Kelly!! I will be sending out your postage tomorrow.

Kelly

Hello ladies,

I received too many emails for the bags and shoes. I think I responded to everyone. I apologize if I missed you. I was running late and then everyone was talking in the car; I got side track of everything. Did not make any money, Life’s Journey came in last. We did have a great time.

Bonne nuit

M

I met my SO on a blind date and I told my one friend he is a little strange so if you do not hear from me he's probably an axe murder . Well luckily he wasn't and for my birthday he gave me a silver bracelet with an axe charm . We have been together 13 years .

I too met my husband on a "blind date", and also told a friend that if I didn't come home that he may be an axe murderer! I didn't get a cute bracelet & charm though! We just celebrated our 15 year anniversary. Nice to hear how many "blind dates' work out!!

I too met my husband on a "blind date", and also told a friend that if I didn't come home that he may be an axe murderer! I didn't get a cute bracelet & charm though! We just celebrated our 15 year anniversary. Nice to hear how many "blind dates' work out!!

Me too, blind date! We will celebrate our 34th. anniversary in Nov. Best decision I ever made. :D

Me too, blind date! We will celebrate our 34th. anniversary in Nov. Best decision I ever made. :D

Mine wasn't exactly a blind date, but in a sense it was I guess. Met my husband on the internet and I never saw a picture of him before meeting him. He did tell a big fib tho, told me he's 5'7", HA! Try 5' nothing! I'm 4 inches taller than him. We've now been married for 12 years!

I'm loving the grandma stories. I miss both my grandma's like crazy. One of my fondest memories of my one grandma was the watermelons. Grandpa had a 4 and a half acre garden. Yep that's what I said. lol In the bottom corner he had watermelons. He'd come in at lunch time and announce "we should have a watermelon ready for picking tomorrow". After he was gone back to his garden and out of sight Grandma and I would take a knife and sneak to the bottom corner and sit under a tree and eat that watermelon, throwing the rinds over the fence into the creek. Next day Grandpa would come in with a puzzled look on his face, "I can't find that darn watermelon, it's just gone missing. I think the critters stole it." I always thought it was so funny that he never knew it was us. Of course now I'm certain he knew it all along and that's why he'd announce they were ready for picking, so Grandma and I could have our fun. No one else in the family ever did get any of his watermelon.

Wow! I can't believe all of these great blind date stories. I don't have any good blind date stories - the few that I had were horrible! There was one (where I didn't see a pic first and met him online way back when) and I really think he may have been an axe murderer! (I did the same - always gave a friend the name and any info I had on a date, in case I went missing!)

I met my husband later in life (16 years ago) and I have to say it was love at first sight. I hadn't dated for three years - was concentrating on my business and family and somehow I looked up and there he was!

We are celebrating our anniversary in two weeks on Brilliance of the Seas! Can't wait!

Debbie

A month ago we put our broken TV at the back alley for the next day trash. A few days later a man rang the doorbell.

Me: Yes?

Man: Do you have the remote control?

Me: Excuse me?

Man: The remote control for the TV?

Me: I am sorry, what TV?

Man: The TV you put out the back a few days ago

Me: looked at him like are you a nut? What the heck are you talking about?

Man: I fixed it! It is working, I need the remote control

Me: I am not sure where it is

Ken: Gave him one

A week after we put our broken counter top toaster oven out. I decided to keep the tray. A few days later, the same man rang the door.

Me: Yes?

Man: Do you have the tray?

Me: I pretend I do not know; what tray?

Man: The tray for the oven

Me: What oven?

Man: The oven you put out the back a few days ago

Me: Oh

Man: I fixed it; it is working, I need the tray

Me: gave him the tray.

Two weeks ago we put out four patio chairs, the table was too heavy for my husband to take it out so I put a note on the chairs “SORRY NO TABLE” The next morning the same man rang the door with the note in this hand

Me: Yes

Man: Do you have a table?

Me: Yes, it is right there (pointing to the table at the corner of the yard)

Man: I need it for my chairs

Me: Sure, you can have it

On Tuesday I put out one of my husband’s old suits with a note “SORRY NO HUSBAND” just now the same man rang the door

Me: yes?

Man: Do you have a bigger size?

Me: laughing… NO!!!