Pack & Go rates qualify for ES?

PlanoDebbie

Our 6/28 Conquest sailing just had a new rate category added for Pack & Go. You can simply choose between a Balcony or Oceanview guarantee. There are still several 8D balcony cabins available which is what we are currently booked in.

So...with the ES program, can I submit yet another claim form to have additional OBC added to our account?

Our 6/28 Conquest sailing just had a new rate category added for Pack & Go. You can simply choose between a Balcony or Oceanview guarantee. There are still several 8D balcony cabins available which is what we are currently booked in.

So...with the ES program, can I submit yet another claim form to have additional OBC added to our account?

Don't think so.

Balcony guarantee (BL) is a different category than 8D.

Rate must be for exact same category.

Not the same cabin category..... can't just pick & mix the parts of the rules which benefit you, all rules apply.

I meant by creating the "pack and go" rate vs. just reducing the price. This way they don't have to give OBC to those that booked ES.

You can't price match fun saver because you don't pick a specific room so I would assume pack n go is the same way. Guarantee might put you down in an 8A instead of an 8D so I agree with no price matching in that case. Although it would be nice, it's 2 totally different types of bookings.

If it's a case of Carnival trying to scam ES bookers, I guess they need to pull all guarantee booking options.

No - You cannot price match Early Saver with the Pack and Go, because the Pack and Go is for Guarantee bookings only, which Early Saver does not have, so your cannot price match same Cabin Category as required by Early Saver . ken

For what it's worth, I asked my PVP (for my own information, as well). He says, "(the showing rate) would have to be something that you qualify for. (Past guest, military, resident rate, etc...) Pack and go promotions wouldn't qualify because there are no cabin assignments for those. The price drop has to be for the same category."

Well, that's pretty much what I though too, but needed to ask anyways. Still waiting to hear back from Carnival on my other claim that was submitted a week ago. That one WAS for the same category. Just wasn't sure how the pack & go rates would figure into this whole thing.

Pack and Go does not qualify due to it being GTY's. And since you are currently booked in an 8D, you can only get OBC for an 8D price drop.

Cabin category 8D = Cabin category 8D Price drop - YES

Cabin category 8D = Cabin category guarantee Price drop - NO

When booking "early saver" do you have the option of picking "GTY" rather than a specific stateroom assignment (i.e. 8A GTY)?

When booking "early saver" do you have the option of picking "GTY" rather than a specific stateroom assignment (i.e. 8A GTY)?

Not any ES rates Iv seen. You have to pick a cabin, no free upgrades. Each category higher is more money. No guarantees available to choose. (Or I would have choosen one).

No - Guarantee bookings are excluded under Early Saver. This is (one) reason that you can't Price Match with Pack-and-Go because it's Guarantee Only and therefore incompatible with Early Saver price matching. ken

Not any ES rates Iv seen. You have to pick a cabin, no free upgrades. Each category higher is more money. No guarantees available to choose. (Or I would have choosen one).

Given the hassles reported on CC and no upgrade opportunity, I'm surprised folks are going for the early saver. I don't think I will.

Given the hassles reported on CC and no upgrade opportunity, I'm surprised folks are going for the early saver. I don't think I will.

Well, if your price drops, instead of OBC, some choose to apply the extra to a higher category cabin. But you do pay for each category/deck you move up with early saver.

I kinda miss the excitement of a guarantee.

Okay, listen to this....I booked ES balcony for Sept. 2010, wanted to change to Feb. but balcony was way more, almost 400 difference. However, the fun saver or select(whichever one is guaranty) had ov gty for fifty dollars less than Early saver. So, they let me switch dates and booked me an OV guarantee.( I did have to pay the admin fee of 50pp). So now, I have an ov gty but is still an Early Saver. I called and asked about it and that is what I was told. So now, if the price drops on a guarantee, I guess I can get the price drop?? I am so confused....

Okay, listen to this....I booked ES balcony for Sept. 2010, wanted to change to Feb. but balcony was way more, almost 400 difference. However, the fun saver or select(whichever one is guaranty) had ov gty for fifty dollars less than Early saver. So, they let me switch dates and booked me an OV guarantee.( I did have to pay the admin fee of 50pp). So now, I have an ov gty but is still an Early Saver. I called and asked about it and that is what I was told. So now, if the price drops on a guarantee, I guess I can get the price drop?? I am so confused....

You are the first one Iv heard of who transferred to another date and booked as the fun saver, but says it still shows as early saver?

Thats a new one on me.

Carnival has recently been letting customers switch OUT of Early Saver (under varying circumstances) for a better deal with another booking type. You'll find that they let you switch to a Guarantee Booking and that you've lost your Early Saver booking (and privikleges).

Under Guarantee booking, there's no price drops after Final Payment Deadline.

Until the final Payment Deadline, until they assign you a specific cabin, you can get a pricedrop whenever OV Guarantee rate drops below your current OV Guarantee Rate.

After they assign you a cabin, the rate for that Cabin Category will have to drop below your OV Guarantee rate in order to get a price drop (or if the OV Guarantee rate drops below your OV Guarantee rate, you can give up the assigned cabin, return to TBA status, and get the new, lower OV Guarantee rate.

ken

Carnival has recently been letting customers switch OUT of Early Saver (under varying circumstances) for a better deal with another booking type. You'll find that they let you switch to a Guarantee Booking and that you've lost your Early Saver booking (and privikleges).

Under Guarantee booking, there's no price drops after Final Payment Deadline.

Until the final Payment Deadline, until they assign you a specific cabin, you can get a pricedrop whenever OV Guarantee rate drops below your current OV Guarantee Rate.

After they assign you a cabin, the rate for that Cabin Category will have to drop below your OV Guarantee rate in order to get a price drop (or if the OV Guarantee rate drops below your OV Guarantee rate, you can give up the assigned cabin, return to TBA status, and get the new, lower OV Guarantee rate.

ken

Makes sense to me...what doesn't make sense is when I called them back, they said that I am still in a Early Saver booking...???

Makes sense to me...what doesn't make sense is when I called them back, they said that I am still in a Early Saver booking...???

They can't have a Guarantee under Early Saver. I'm thinking there's a communication problem somewhere there, but I'd sit back and see if you can use it to your advantage!!!!! (Did you already have a cabin assigned under the original Guarantee Booking?) ken

I have another question about Early Saver/Pack & Go. I'm booked in a 4C inside cabin on Early Saver. There are no more inside or OV cabins for 3 people left, so no price drops available for now anyway... However the Pack & Go has a rate for a balcony at $200 more than we paid. Do you think they'd let us pay the difference and upgrade to the balcony gty? I've asked my TA to look into it, but haven't heard back yet. We're ok with the inside, but of course if we could get it for that price we'd want to do it!

Archived