Cappuccino and espresso in MDR

dukeysmom

Really? I have never paid for a cappuccino or espresso in a dining room on HAL, Princess, Carnival or NCL, are you sure? That's very surprising and disappointing. :confused: Has it always been that way on X?

Not sure when you last cruised, but we paid for Lattes and cappuccinos on Carnival on Nov 08 cruise and on Princess on our Jan 08 Panama Canal cruise. Free coffees as on all lines, but not the 'specialty' coffees. There was a charge for all, dining and at various venues.

Denny

Cappuchino and Expresso are considered Specialty Coffees.

Denny is correct. There is a charge, whether in the Main Dining Room

or in Cova.

Hi Denny:)

Cappuchino and Expresso are considered Specialty Coffees.

Denny is correct. There is a charge, whether in the Main Dining Room

or in Cova.

Hi Denny:)

Hi Lois

I see you just finished a cruise in April and going in Sep - we have to wait for Nov - I'll retire sooner or later! Of course, we are going on a 10+13da B2B. Love it!!

Denny

Hi Lois

I see you just finished a cruise in April and going in Sep - we have to wait for Nov - I'll retire sooner or later! Of course, we are going on a 10+13da B2B. Love it!!

Denny

Retire?:eek:I don't know that term:rolleyes:..that would be when

you don't work, right?:confused:

I will be doing that for at least 15 more years....probably more.

I have to work~in order to be able to cruise;)

Yes, I am going in September. 7 nights.

It will have to do:D

Not sure when you last cruised, but we paid for Lattes and cappuccinos on Carnival on Nov 08 cruise and on Princess on our Jan 08 Panama Canal cruise. Free coffees as on all lines, but not the 'specialty' coffees. There was a charge for all, dining and at various venues.

Denny

Thanks, our last cruise was on Carnival right about a year ago, for DS's graduation. I ordered an espresso every night after dinner in the MDR. Oh well I know the economy is hitting the cruise lines as bad as anyone so maybe I'll just shell out the $$ for an espresso :D

Denny

Hi

We finished a seven week cruise on the Carnival Splendor a couple of months ago. Each night we'd have Espresso in the MDR---no charge.

ps We were an inside cabin

-------------terry

Cappuccino and espresso are still free in the dining room on Carnival.

Also free on NCL, Holland America and Costa.

Princess, no.

Thanks mafig, I thought I was crazy altho I swear it was free on Princess too but that was some years ago. In any case, I like it so I'll order it and if I have to pay, I'm sure it won't be as much as my gin & tonic :)

Seems like we've all had different results - costs in MDR and not. Carnival says they have bottle corking fees but didn't charge us - might have been due to the cash tips I palmed him! one thing you find out on this site is what you think is 'truth' varies.

I love lattes and expressos so I pay or take them free!

Denny

Thanks mafig, I thought I was crazy altho I swear it was free on Princess too but that was some years ago. In any case, I like it so I'll order it and if I have to pay, I'm sure it won't be as much as my gin & tonic :)

It was free on Princess several years ago. They had all kinds of specialty coffees available free....it was great. I believe they stoped around 2003.

X has a specialty coffee menu-- We love an Aspen coffee after dinner.. just need to give the server enough time to get it ordered in time for dessert & sign the charge form!

I'll try that, thanks. How much is it?

At least 6 bucks...it has 3 different types of liquor in it:D;)

It has 1/3 Baileys, 1/3 Frangelica, and 1/3 of Kahluah in it.:)

I cannot recall the price for sure but it is something I drink

on every cruise:)..whatever the price, its worth it to me.

It is my right of passage;)...the signature coffee that tells

me I am aboard my sailing:D

At least 6 bucks...it has 3 different types of liquor in it:D;)

It has 1/3 Baileys, 1/3 Frangelica, and 1/3 of Kahluah in it.:)

I cannot recall the price for sure but it is something I drink

on every cruise:)..whatever the price, its worth it to me.

It is my right of passage;)...the signature coffee that tells

me I am aboard my sailing:D

Ahhh thanks, I didn't realize it was "spiked" now I know I will give it a try. Yum.

Ahhh thanks, I didn't realize it was "spiked" now I know I will give it a try. Yum.

Yes, spiked would be a good word:D;):)

Archived