Pledge to do something you've never done on your next cruise

mistyinca

OK,

This past cruise (Paradise 5/11) I tried to do things I've never done on either of my other cruises. I took the ship tour; I went down the water slide; I swam in the pool; I tried the Miami Vice (like that took some real arm twisting!).

The next cruise, I'm planning on doing some things I've never done. I have not yet eaten lunch in the Dining room. Breakfast, yes. Dinner, yes. But never lunch. So, I will eat lunch in the dining room this time around. I'd also like to go to the art auction, a spa tour (maybe I'll even get a massage or something!), and the galley tour, if it's offered. I'd also like to do the dance class.

And after seeing Wennfred's report that the "carrot cake is the best" (and Fred, which is it: is the carrot cake "the best" or are those chocolate fruit cups "the best"?!:p) maybe I'll try the carrot cake.

So everyone...what do you pledge to do on your next cruise that you've never done on a previous cruise?

Let's have fun with this one! :D

I've never been on a Carnival cruise, so there's lots of new stuff for me.

The intinerary is the reason we chose our particular cruise - I've never been to Boston, Maine or the east coast of Canada.

Let's see.....

I have never ordered room service - or done a spa treatment. Ok...next time I will ;)!

Still thinking.....

I will try different things from the menus. I tend to order the same - or similar - items everytime. Next time I *pledge* to branch out and try some new items :D.

We never had lunch in the dining room either, we will this time.

Think I will go the gym--and yes maybe the spa---havent done that either.

I thought about that....but...to be totally honest - I would probably be lying :eek:. I highly doubt I could get my self to the gym :o.

Lunch (and breakfast!) in the dining room is a must. I missed out during my first cruise but was glad I went during my second one.

For my next cruise I will have a massage......I always change my mind because I feel guilty about spending the extra money...

Also, I will order more than 1 lobster @ dinner! :D

I will not be to shy to ask the server to make my dessert to go. After such a filling dinner, dessert does not get the attention it deserves. Later on the balcony with the stars in sight, perhaps I can do it justice.

I did jump out of the box on my last cruise--and in a big way. I ate TURTLE SOUP at the Turtle Farm!!!!! I just had to try it. It tastes like chicken, only a little chewier....

Next cruise perhaps I will get to the dining room for lunch--usually too much to do to go. I also have NEVER in seven cruises seen what the gym looks like on the ship.

I will not be to shy to ask the server to make my dessert to go. After such a filling dinner, dessert does not get the attention it deserves. Later on the balcony with the stars in sight, perhaps I can do it justice.

I love this idea! :)

Ok, I pledge to go and have an absolutely miserable time, not find anything good to say about food, service, cabin, cleanliness, sea days or port days. THEN I promise to come back and tell everyone that I will never cruise Carnival again!! Everything mentioned will be a new experience for me. And for those who might take this seriously, yes, this is a joke. I can't think of a thing that I haven't tried at least once and can't wait to do most of them again!

I will have to give this some thought, seriously will not go to the gym unless I am taking a short cut.

My intial thought was celebrate my marriage three times a day! lol Hubby would like that one:)

I thought about that....but...to be totally honest - I would probably be lying :eek:. I highly doubt I could get my self to the gym :o.

I hear you. Im not sure if I could either but think I will give it a try.

Never been to the gym on any of the cruises.

great idea

I have never eaten breakfast in the dining room.

Gettiing up to see the sunset on deck.

Try a DOD that I have never tried before

I would love to the island on a moped, with a driver of course.

Try different items in the dining room

PJ

My intial thought was celebrate my marriage three times a day! lol Hubby would like that one:)

LOL, I would do this too, but don't think hubby could hold up his end of the deal for 7 or 8 days!

I went to the gym several times on our past cruise and did a yoga class. Really, I enjoyed it! I would go early before hubby was up then come back and climb in bed for a nap! ;) Hubby was happy and so was I.

Fun topic!

On my next cruise (in 10 days, woohoo!) I will:

- eat a meal other than dinner in the dining room

- check out the spa

- attend some kind of function I've never checked out before - a class, a tour, an event, something!

I've only been on one cruise, so there's lots I haven't done. :D One thing I've never done anywhere is sleeping in a room with no windows! The inside cabin should be an interesting experience!

I want to do a ship tour! Didn't know about those.

Oh yeah, something else they offered that I did ...

the specialty restaurant offerred a 'cooking class' or a behind the scenes thing ...don't remember how they marketed it.

It was interesting and I will do it again when offered.

Also did the afternoon tea for the first time.

This cruise I will:

- play a game of mini golf with my boys

- go down the slide

- participate in the Koman walk

This is the first time that my husband and I will be cruising with just the kids (in the past, if the kids went, the grandmas came too), so there might be a couple of things that we don't do -- or at least not as often! What a waste of a balcony! ;)

Archived