Pledge to do something you've never done on your next cruise

mistyinca

I pledge to do something I have never done on a Cruise!!!

Take my Grandsons with!!!! And see the ship through their eyes!!:D I have never been a Lido Deck person - so this will be a change for me!!

I will not be to shy to ask the server to make my dessert to go. After such a filling dinner, dessert does not get the attention it deserves. Later on the balcony with the stars in sight, perhaps I can do it justice.

And don't be shy going to the MDR for breakfast and getting two hot breakfasts with covers to take back to the room to eat on the balcony.

Call room service before you go up for toast, juice, coffee and let the SO stay in the room while you go up and get hot food.

This one is a little lame but I pledge not to take DH with me as I am taking my sisters on a girl's only cruise - but it is the first one he hasn't been on with me. So a whole different way of cruisin.......

This will be our 2nd cruise, and my list is extensive of the things I regret not doing on the last that I want to do on the next....

-get up and watch the sun rise

-take a tour of the kitchen

-attend at least one High Tea (heard of the wonderful desserts)

-remember to have some of the soft serve ice cream

-have some sushi every day, not just the last

-explore the boat more, not at the last minute

-spend more time at the front of the boat

-have wine with dinner

-ORDER ROOM SERVICE

-Eat in the dining room for lunch...for some reason I didn't know this was an option!

-watch the boat come into ports and leave ports

-slow down and not be so busy trying to do everything, but enjoy the view and the rest.

-stay up later

-rest in the afternoon so I can stay up later

-spend more time with my husband since all the kids can go to camp c. now, last time the baby was too young

-go to the spa, maybe for a pedicure

-be more generous with gifts and thank you's to the ones who take care of us.

Oh yeah, something else they offered that I did ...

the specialty restaurant offerred a 'cooking class' or a behind the scenes thing ...don't remember how they marketed it.

It was interesting and I will do it again when offered.

Also did the afternoon tea for the first time.

Would like to know more about the cooking class offered.

C. Anne

Ok, so this is my 2nd cruise. The first while awesome had some issues so this time I pledge;

-to attend a show or two

-go to the dance club

-go to high tea

-explore the ship more

-use all my drink coupons :D

-take a mid-afternoon nap (perhaps poolside)

-relax

Several times we have cruised intending to stay on board the entire time and not get off in port. But my husband always caves and wants to get off the ship for something. Next cruise, we are staying on board the whole time. Of course it is just a three day cruise with one port, so it will be easy...at least for me.

This will be our 8th cruise and our 6th on Carnival - we have not had a balcony since our very first cruise on which we were upgraded from the bowels of the ship to balcony suites. (Long story, but DH and friends were supposed to sail, and the cruise was cancelled after they arrived at Port Canaveral. They were compensated with refund, accommodations for the week, free cruise, and upgrade.)

My List -

*Karaoke - I wanted to do it last time, but DS22 was in there with his friends, and I didn't want to cramp his style! Which was Johnny Cash, by the way.

*Balcony Club - Hmmmm, have to start talking to DH about this one. The last time we had a balcony, we had just started dating and had both his son and my son with us.

*Afternoon tea

*Stay on the ship while everyone else is in port and enjoy the peace and quiet!

ok, here's my "to-do" list for our 4th cruise on CCL someday:

--eat escargot every time it's offered (it was great on the

Pride in March)

--order 3 lobster tails!

--Eat more breakfast & lunch in the MDR

--Do the "Balcony Club" again----ok, sorry I lied--just had

to throw that one in for the "Panamaniacs" reading

this!!!

--walk more in the morning

--play dollar slots ONLY!!

--try a different dessert every night

--do self-carry luggage when we disembark!!

--sing Karaoke!!!

I want to be a rebel

I want to hog a chair or 4

I want to wear shorts to dinner

I want to cut in the buffet line

I will take my own booze

I want to go toppless on my balcony

I want to complane about the weather and have the captian sail around it.

I never do any of these except take my own booze. and toppless on the balcony among other things done on the balcony. :D

This is my 2nd cruise with DH. Last cruise I didn't research enough and was not ready for everything the ship had to offer. Here's my list, I hope to do maybe half of it:

Eat Escargot

The tea party

Try new food at least once a day

Eat Breakfast or Lunch in the dining room

Go to formal night, now that it is elegant night I want to go, would never ask my DH to wear a suit/tux on vacation

Room service

Galley Tour

Stay up for the Midnight buffet

Go to the Chocolate buffet

no balcony, so I guess I'll have to settle for afternoon delight, not to mention, morning, evening...

RELAX!!!!!

This past cruise we went on I did two things I said I would

1) Went to the spa and got a massage - actually USED the spa facilities (steam room, sauna, gym)

2) Ate breakfast in the dining room (and it was awesome, I liked it way better than the buffet....I just never get up early enough to eat breakfast in the dining room)

On my next cruise I will

1) STAY UP LATER and drink at all the bars. Seems the two cruises we've been on, we never find the "cool" bar with the "good" bartender until the last night.

2) Go on the waterslide

3) actually RELAX for once. I did this on the last cruise and got so relaxed that I fell asleep....but it only lasted for like 10 minutes. I need to actually relax for once for like a whole day...LoL

Take advantage of the specialty coffee bar as well as the specialty dessert bar (Carrot cake, YUM!)

Eat at the Supper Club/Steakhouse more than once.

Order dessert off the children's menu in the dining room (Can you say banana split?)

Why do all of these involve food?:D

Archived