Pledge to do something you've never done on your next cruise

mistyinca

And after seeing Wennfred's report that the "carrot cake is the best" (and Fred, which is it: is the carrot cake "the best" or are those chocolate fruit cups "the best"?!:p) maybe I'll try the carrot cake.

OMG, are you talking about the Carrot Cake at the coffee bar? I've always wanted to try it, but in 6 cruises with Carnival, never have. This past weekend, my sister bought a piece for us to share and she brought it down to the cabin. It never got eaten. I never had enough appetite...:(

Yes, I'm a loser...

Misty, thanks for posting that terrific mixed-media presentation of your Splendor cruise. We'll be on her next February.

I think we've done almost everything you can possibly do on a Carnival cruise including going to mass and yes, I go to the gym with my pretend physical trainer son and even attended a nutrition talk on our last Freedom cruise. We dance, we shop, we swim, we go to the shows and past cruisers' party, we play bingo, we gamble, join the slots tournament, we get books from the library, we order room service almost every night, and on the last cruise, I bought the chocolate layer cake at the Viennese cafe.

BUT I still will do new things on our next cruise. I get to see Florence, Naples, Barcelona, Monaco and a bunch of other places I've never seen before. And I'll get to see Mexico's west coast for the first time when we cruise on the Splendor.

Wait, there is one thing we haven't done yet on a Carnival cruise - eat in the specialty restaurant. But if we do, we won't have room for room service and the dessert from the Viennese Cafe!

OMG, are you talking about the Carrot Cake at the coffee bar? I've always wanted to try it, but in 6 cruises with Carnival, never have. This past weekend, my sister bought a piece for us to share and she brought it down to the cabin. It never got eaten. I never had enough appetite...:(

Yes, I'm a loser...

We're just as bad, maybe worse. For the last Splendor cruise, I ordered a cake from the bon voyage department. The PLAN was to be on board around noon, eat lunch, and then go to our rooms around 1:30 and find the cake waiting for us. Then we would eat the cake on the balcony and hang out. Well, we didn't get on board until about 3Pm, and the cake didn't come until way later. By that time, there was muster, sail away and then first dinner. We slivered a bit of it, but most of it went to waste. :( It was yummy too. This was the white one with a strawberry cream filling. They're not expensive either. I think it was like 7.95, and it is a good size--not huge around, but rather tall. It certainly could serve 6 healthy portions--maybe more.

IMG_0110.jpg

Misty, thanks for posting that terrific mixed-media presentation of your Splendor cruise. We'll be on her next February.

:) You'll have an awesome time!

Wait, there is one thing we haven't done yet on a Carnival cruise - eat in the specialty restaurant. But if we do, we won't have room for room service and the dessert from the Viennese Cafe!

OK, now that you DO have to do. It is awesome! We booked one night the last time on the Splendor, and this upcoming time, I booked two nights!:D

I will go to afternoon tea and have lunch in the dining room. I have never done either..:rolleyes:

You will LOVE it! Tea is my favorite thing now, and lunch in the dining room is great! I still like breakfast on the Lido, though.

This coming September, I am going to go down the slide for the first time and enter the slots tournament.

Woo-hoo!:D

Edited to add: I've done most everything else on board, I think.

OK,

So everyone...what do you pledge to do on your next cruise that you've never done on a previous cruise?

Let's have fun with this one! :D

Things I hoped to do last cruise that I will do next cruise:

1. Try sushi

2. Order room service

3. Have a "Funship Special"

4. Try the salad bar on Lido Deck

5. Try the escargot

ooooohhhh, the Funship Special is my favorite! Probably because I feel like once its in my hand, I know my cruise started!!

i'm going to try eating lunch in the dining room and i've got to make myself go to the gym....this time i'll be on the same floor so no excuses!! :eek:

maybe i'll even go see a show or two.

oh, and win $5,000 at the slots. ;)

we've been on 2 cruises. "new" things on our second cruise that we didnt do on our first were:

- try the chocolate melting cake

- go on the galley tour

- go to the supper club

- bring wine on board and to dinner (no corkage! woohoo!)

- do everything on our own (no carnival excursions) at the ports

On our next cruise the new things we've never done that I'd like to try would be:

- possible a spa service

- maybe the water slide

- eat a meal other than dinner in the dining room

- go to the gym (maybe)

- get a room with a balcony!

OK,

This past cruise (Paradise 5/11) I tried to do things I've never done on either of my other cruises. I took the ship tour; I went down the water slide; I swam in the pool; I tried the Miami Vice (like that took some real arm twisting!).

The next cruise, I'm planning on doing some things I've never done. I have not yet eaten lunch in the Dining room. Breakfast, yes. Dinner, yes. But never lunch. So, I will eat lunch in the dining room this time around. I'd also like to go to the art auction, a spa tour (maybe I'll even get a massage or something!), and the galley tour, if it's offered. I'd also like to do the dance class.

And after seeing Wennfred's report that the "carrot cake is the best" (and Fred, which is it: is the carrot cake "the best" or are those chocolate fruit cups "the best"?!:p) maybe I'll try the carrot cake.

So everyone...what do you pledge to do on your next cruise that you've never done on a previous cruise?

Let's have fun with this one! :D

Hey Misty..I was on the Elation 05-10-09 when you guys pass us somewhere off the coast of Mexico. I waved to youicon10.gif Next time we will pass you..

Well, it won't be on my next cruise or the one after that but we have decided to renew our wedding vows on the September 5 Carnival Legend Cruise. My husband and I will be married for 5 years on September 6. We are really excited about it. So, yes, I vow to remarry my husband. The man of my dreams!!!!!!!

As I read...I realized I have been fortunate enough to do most of the things listed....

Last cruise, we ate every meal in the dining room (except on port days).....and going to the gym a few times, I actually lost weight!

High tea is wonderful....I look forward to it again...

My last massage was a waste of money....the person spent more time trying to sell the products than giving a massage....

If you order room service, the roast beef/brie sandwich was amazing....

This time, we will try the Supper Club.....

Archived