Paid Upgrade

Wclement1

We have been offered an upgrade from VF Guar to SY Guar on the Westerdam to Alaska for $300 pp. DW says it is up to me. Question is do we spend it on the suite or go for another excursion?

How many days? Here is your only warning - once you upgrade - it is hard to go back : ). We got an upgrade on a Caribbean cruise and since then have taken every upgrade. If you are working with a TA - ask some pointed questions as to where that upgrade might put you- could be handicapped so if you have to have a tub- that is a consideration. Personally - when given the choice - I always upgrade- room is bigger and the veranda is bigger and that is a plus in Alaska IMO. Good luck

Tough question. If I had $600 to play with and had to decide between a helicopter trip up to a glacier to walk around or a SY suite, I would go with the glacier trip. Of course if you could afford both, then get the upgrade.

Have a great cruise!

John

Hi WClement1 -

If I had that choice I would go on an extra excursion....honestly unless it is an upgrade to a deluxe suite there is really no difference except a bigger room, larger balcony and stationary with your name on it :-)...

Happy Sailing

We took an upsell last Wednesday....SY to SA for $200 per person...we will be on the Westerdam to Alaska....with our SYs the rooms were not connecting...now they are...wasn't sure if I should do it or not but figured this will probably be the only time grandma, and 3 young adult grandchildren go to Alaska together....

When I picked up our documents from TA two weeks ago -- I asked her to keep me in mind if she received anything on an upsell....she did call Holland that day I was there and found out that our category SY was sold out....then last Wednesday she called at 8:30 a.m. and said she had Holland on the phone and if we wanted to go to the SA for $200 each, she needed a yes or no right then. I couldn't really ask the others in our group but I liked the fact that now our two rooms would be adjoining not just next door to each other. We are all excited that I did the upgrade -- and as I said this will probably be the last cruise with grandma and three young adult grandchildren.

Hi.. I just got an email from my TA stating:

I receive a fax from Holland today offering you an upgrade to a junior suite which is category SS-SZ for an additional $499.00 per person and it is for the 1st and 2nd passenger.

We have 3 in our party, so I guess it would be like $333/pp upgrade. We are currently in cabin 5151 (balcony) on the Oosterdam for the July 6th Europe tour.

Is this a good upgrade - what are the advantages/disadvantages? I have to go to work and don't have internet...

If anyone could email me at work with their opinions, I would greatly appreciate it: marianne.carney@bcbssc.com

This is first come first serve so if you are interested let me know as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marianne

We just got the same offer VC to SS, SY or SZ, $529 per person (for 2 people) for 24 day cruise. We also have 3 people in the cabin.

I was a bit hesitant but was able to choose a cabin in the location that we liked, SY closer to the stern. We passed on a SS as it was under the lido pool area.

We are very excited about the extra space, especially with such a long cruise.

We have been offered an upgrade from VF Guar to SY Guar on the Westerdam to Alaska for $300 pp. DW says it is up to me. Question is do we spend it on the suite or go for another excursion?

Just my personal opinion I think that is a bit high for a 7 day Westerdam. How far away is your cruise? If it is still at least 2 or more weeks away I would wait, there will likely be another offer. The $300 PP (I am guessing is actually $299 because all upsell offers end in a 9) I would hold out for a better offer.;)

Hi Marianne

We just got the same offer VC to SS, SY or SZ, $529 per person (for 2 people) for 24 day cruise. We also have 3 people in the cabin.

I was a bit hesitant but was able to choose a cabin in the location that we liked, SY closer to the stern. We passed on a SS as it was under the lido pool area.

We are very excited about the extra space, especially with such a long cruise.

Now this offer does sound goodbeings that you are cruising for 24 days and it will be your home for almost a onth I would take it :)

Archived