All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Hope someone can clarify something for me, I did search but found conflicting answers. Do you use cash or sign and sail card for the shops at HMC?

You would only need cash if you buy something from one of the local vendors that sell their wares. i.e. souvenirs, hair braiding.

I've been doing some looking but does anyone know does Carnival do a cruise just to HMC and then back to home port, like maybe a 2-3 nighter? We are looking at taking our boys on a cruise next year for a graduation gift for one of them and don't care if we go to Nassau or not but a day at HMC and a couple days on the ship would be perfect. thanks in advance.

They should! I'd be there with you! Or they could just anchor offshore for a couple of days and we will tender back and forth each day. Think of the money they would save in fuel! There may not be a couple of days that it is not in use by a ship though.

I only skimmed this thread but I didn't see much on the activities available here. If we don't book an excursion through Carnival, what else is there to do on the island other than layout and swim? Do we have to book an excursion in advance or can we decide once we get on the island? Ex. Horseback riding, snorkeling, other water sports, etc.

Also, can we rent beach mats, floats and snorkel gear if we don't rent a cabana? Do we have to decide if we want a clamshell before we get there? Is the island safe enough to leave our beach bags while we go walking (we wouldn't leave valuables, just towels, clothes, etc.)?

Thanks for your help.

You can't use soda or wine cards on the island, at least with HAL, because they don't bring their computers ashore. You can use your onboard card at the bars etc. but you will get a handwritten receipt.

The only SHOP that accepts your onboard card for purchases is the gift shop. The other shops at the "straw market", which are run by local people, do not accept those cards.

I only skimmed this thread but I didn't see much on the activities available here. If we don't book an excursion through Carnival, what else is there to do on the island other than layout and swim? Do we have to book an excursion in advance or can we decide once we get on the island? Ex. Horseback riding, snorkeling, other water sports, etc.

Also, can we rent beach mats, floats and snorkel gear if we don't rent a cabana? Do we have to decide if we want a clamshell before we get there? Is the island safe enough to leave our beach bags while we go walking (we wouldn't leave valuables, just towels, clothes, etc.)?

Thanks for your help.

Already have my cabana booked:D & plan on renting water bikes for me & DD. BF thinks he might want to go horseback riding, of course that's today & could change at anytime. Really don't wanna book in advance since he's so fickle. If he decides when we get there that he really does wanna do it, will I be able to book it on the spot?

Already have my cabana booked:D & plan on renting water bikes for me & DD. BF thinks he might want to go horseback riding, of course that's today & could change at anytime. Really don't wanna book in advance since he's so fickle. If he decides when we get there that he really does wanna do it, will I be able to book it on the spot?

You can book on HMC, of course, that is provided the excursion in not filled.

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, i just can't find it, if it has. When you book a cabana on the web, you are asked to book "a color". I understand the higher numbers are at the end of the beach, but how do you know what # goes with the color. I watched the video and have a few but want to know color of #13 and 11. HELP!

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, i just can't find it, if it has. When you book a cabana on the web, you are asked to book "a color". I understand the higher numbers are at the end of the beach, but how do you know what # goes with the color. I watched the video and have a few but want to know color of #13 and 11. HELP!

Do a search. Several threads will come up with the numbers and colors.

Which cruiseline is this with? With Carnival you just book a cabin and once on Board you can pick the actual one you want - unless something has recently changed?

Which cruiseline is this with? With Carnival you just book a cabin and once on Board you can pick the actual one you want - unless something has recently changed?

Holland America lets you book a specific color ahead of time.

There is a pic of #13 on this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23831005&postcount=311

According to this post, Cabana 11 is Grey

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31868960&postcount=832

Do a search. Several threads will come up with the numbers and colors.

I tried everything including "search". Just don't understand why they make it so hard! Number / color, can't we all just get along? This should be fun, RIGHT?:)

Holland America lets you book a specific color ahead of time.

I'm going on HAL but I read somewhere "don't quote me" that carnival now lets you do it on line as well. From what I understand the high #'s are at the end of the beach, less people and the low #'s are in the action (if you like tons of beach chairs between you and the water) # 10 and #9 are by the bathroom, if you don't care to walk much. Just my 2 cents.

I booked a cabana on Carnival about 2 months ago but I thought I had to go to the purser's desk to make the selection.

As it reminds you just up this page post #941), Holland America allows you to pick the specific cabana at time of booking. It seems implied to me that searanch queen is sailing on Holland America.

As it reminds you just up this page post #941), Holland America allows you to pick the specific cabana at time of booking.

One of the HAL perks. Probably another reason we pay more than the CCL cruisers.

so it looks like Carnival has decided to allow people to book the Cabanas for HMC online now. When we went to HMC last year we couldnt book the cabanas online, only once on board the ship. BUMMER that they changed this policy. I figured we had to wait to board to book then I see it today on the carnival site for HMC excursions...and of coarse it says SOLD OUT!!! Oh that bums me out! I had planned to book one for my wife and I since this is our wedding vow renewal cruise and I wanted the wife to get a cabana. Ugggghhhhh :mad:

Hope this helps