Think you've got a pretty decent Makeup Collection?

Omg.....does she really wear every single bit of make-up in all

those photos?:confused:

Why doesn't she open up a store? Isn't alot of that makeup going

to end up being bad after a while? I thought make-up expired or

soured or something:eek:

Seriously??? If this is for real, she probably spends more per month on make up than I do for my family's food budget. To each their own. :p

BTW: My make up budget for an entire year is probably less than $150.

Seriously??? If this is for real, she probably spends more per month on make up than I do for my family's food budget. To each their own. :p

BTW: My make up budget for an entire year is probably less than $150.

You and me both;)...I don't even spend 150.00 per year.

And you are right, whatever floats her boat!

I wonder how much of it she packs when she travels. If she went on a cruise, I think she'd need an adjoining stateroom just for her makeup!

I wouldn't want to share a bathroom on board with her. I don't even wear makeup most days.

She says that she's been collecting for five years, and throws out stuff when it smells funny or changes texture. Yuck.

Why would you even need every lipstick in a collection. It's not like all the colours would look good on her.

She has inspired me to go through my makeup and nail polishes and go chuck some (maybe a lot, I need to pair down to move soon anyway).

She is a Make-up Blogger, but still WOW!! Eyeshadows and blushes will probably last for years, but she's going to have to be careful of those lipsticks and lipglosses going off. Really more than she could go through in several life times.

Couldn't believe myself that one person owned all that makeup! At first, thought it was an ad for the rolling cart storage system!

What really made me laugh was the $1.79 plastic storage container she has all her "high end" name lipsticks in!!:D

Wonder if she's married - I know my DH would definitely put his foot down on that amount of makeup!! Not to mention my kids - LOL!

Susan

Couldn't believe myself that one person owned all that makeup! At first, thought it was an ad for the rolling cart storage system!

What really made me laugh was the $1.79 plastic storage container she has all her "high end" name lipsticks in!!:D

Wonder if she's married - I know my DH would definitely put his foot down on that amount of makeup!! Not to mention my kids - LOL!

Susan

She's a college student apparently :eek:

She must be in the biz - someone mentioned here she's a blogger.

I don't have that much makeup - though I do have alot.

However, I do have that much skin care! LOL!!!

But I'm in the biz, so I get ALOT! However, I give away about half the stuff I get.

DH and I are moving in 3 weeks and I've been packing my skin care items. So far I'm up to 6 boxes, and still haven't even gotten to half of it yet! ;)

I for one would like to see a picture of her made up. Now I think that could be quite interesting!

If you click on Tutorials and then Video, you can see a video of her getting a makeover. She's very pretty, but I think she looks better with the natural look in the beginning of the video.

I wonder how much all of that makeup cost? Thousands of dollars, I'm sure!

Well, in my own mind I stand corrected. I just watched the video and she is not what I imagined. I think that she is quite lovely. When I saw all that makeup I was picturing something quite different. I will leave it at that.

But I'm in the biz, so I get ALOT! However, I give away about half the stuff I get.

DH and I are moving in 3 weeks and I've been packing my skin care items. So far I'm up to 6 boxes, and still haven't even gotten to half of it yet! ;)

Hi Jane, ya'll are moving? Out of New York??:eek:

Wow, I thought I had a lot of makeup, but I don't have even 25% of what she has :eek: I'm wondering if she doesn't do makeup professionally, or if she's close to the business and gets some of it at no cost.

Sort of on topic:

From what I've read, any liquid such as foundation, skin care lotions, moisturizers or gloss lipstick has a one year shelf life. Regular lipstick can last longer if you store in it the fridge (yeah...right). Mascara must be used up or discarded after 3 months, I breezed through twice and didn't notice a lot of mascara.

Powders can be kept slightly longer, about 18 months. The lady at Chanel recommends to wipe the top of the powder or eye shadow clean about once a week with a tissue.

Probably the most important part of keeping cosmetics clean is to avoid putting your fingers in it and keep your tools clean. I use a Q-tip to dip into moisturizer or foundation and clean/sanitize my brushes every week.

The Chanel lady also told me that if you start to have sudden breakouts that are abnormal, it could be due to your cosmetics breeding bacteria. If that's the case, they must be discarded.

Wow, I thought I had a lot of makeup, but I don't have even 25% of what she has :eek: I'm wondering if she doesn't do makeup professionally, or if she's close to the business and gets some of it at no cost.

Sort of on topic:

From what I've read, any liquid such as foundation, skin care lotions, moisturizers or gloss lipstick has a one year shelf life. Regular lipstick can last longer if you store in it the fridge (yeah...right). Mascara must be used up or discarded after 3 months, I breezed through twice and didn't notice a lot of mascara.

Powders can be kept slightly longer, about 18 months. The lady at Chanel recommends to wipe the top of the powder or eye shadow clean about once a week with a tissue.

Probably the most important part of keeping cosmetics clean is to avoid putting your fingers in it and keep your tools clean. I use a Q-tip to dip into moisturizer or foundation and clean/sanitize my brushes every week.

The Chanel lady also told me that if you start to have sudden breakouts that are abnormal, it could be due to your cosmetics breeding bacteria. If that's the case, they must be discarded.

EWWW ;) In the posts at the bottom of the picture she talks about using a disposable applicator with her glosses to keep them free from bacteria and I think I read that she keeps her mascara seperate. Mascara I definitely throw out after 3 -4 months, but eyeshadows and blushes I've had for a few years. I also do my brushes on a weekly basis.

6 boxes! Wow. Good luck with the move.

Archived